Baking with Chocolate

Part of my day including baking with my favorite chocolate

I used 100th Birthday Oreos

I dirtied so many dishes I ran out of dishwashing liquid.

The bowls are these (someone always asks)

Sprinkles were used with reckless abandon. I made something kind of like these, but not exactly.

I’ve also been editing pictures like a mad woman and have been staring at green food. My next post is so green. As in, St. Paddy’s Day green. It’s my best recipe in 2012, to date, and it’s coming up next.

I also started a Green Smoothie eBook Giveaway.

From one polar opposite of green food to the next.

How was your Monday?

What have you made in the kitchen lately? Anything fun or delicious?

33 Responses to “Baking with Chocolate”

1. J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) — February 27, 2012 at 4:16 pm (#

I have those birthday Oreos, haha. We inherited them. My Aunt Stephanie sent them home with my mom because her children don’t like them. I smelled them, they smell like cake batter, which is always a pleasant scent. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

children..who don’t like Oreos?

That’s like saying someone who doesn’t like Girl Scout cookies?… Unheard of!

Guess it was your lucky day :)

J3nn (Jenn's Menu and Lifestyle Blog) Reply:

I know, right? I bet Dustin won’t like them either. He’s very… traditional flavors only. Likes his flavors/food/textures separated. He’s a non-adventurous eater. Only tries new things if I put them in front of him, lol. Which means, most Asian/Indian flavors are a no go with him. They’re too “busy.” haha

2. Christi @ Love From The Oven — February 27, 2012 at 4:17 pm (#

Yummy! Love those bowls, and reckless usage of sprinkles. :)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

I was channeling you ALL DAY in the kitchen with my various projects :)

3. Cassie — February 27, 2012 at 4:17 pm (#

Oh Averie, we were meant to be friends. I looooove that chocolate. I have been snacking on it nearly every night. It’s also perfect for baking. And I think I’m heading out the door now to find these birthday oreos!

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

Local grocery store for me (Ralph’s) had them…they were front and center on the end-cap display!

4. Ashley @ My Food 'N' Fitness Diaries — February 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm (#

those 100th birthday oreos are so cute! love all the sprinkles in this post! :)

5. Erica — February 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm (#

So fun :) Sprinkles and chocolate! I made J some more breakfast bars today. I also made a spaghetti squash filled dinner!

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

Well isn’t J a lucky guy!

6. brandi taylor — February 27, 2012 at 4:33 pm (#

Just worked, rode bike, finished a book. It was a good Monday! The only thing I have “cooked” today was I reheated some bean/corn quesadillas I made yesterday. So good!

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

reheating = my fave thing to do :)

7. katie @ KatieDid — February 27, 2012 at 4:35 pm (#

yay St. Patty’s day can’t wait! Sounds like a good day to me! My monday was a good one :)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

I’m still marveling at your semi-improv tattoo. Planful..yet spontaneous!

8. Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — February 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm (#

Baking With Chocolate – always a good post title ;)

I just baked with the Birthday Cake Oreos the other night – YUM! Those things are dangerous for me.

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

You’re one step ahead of me but I just got done baking with them. I can’t eat any of it til morning though and I take pics…

9. Heather (Where's the Beach) — February 27, 2012 at 5:03 pm (#

It was a Monday, but at least it was sunny and warm. I made a tasty dinner with roasted butternut squash & beets with sauteed kale. Yummy. Kind of messy cutting up the beets of course ;-)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

I HAVE to wear gloves if I’m cutting up beets as the 5-days red cuticle and nail look doesn’t cut it for me…my hands just soak it up! lol

10. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 27, 2012 at 5:08 pm (#

My Monday was pretty good for being back to work after 9 days off! I baked all last week :-)

11. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — February 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm (#

Chocolate, sprinkles, Oreos….looks like you have been up to some delicious things in the kitchen!

12. Deirdre @ Ladies Holiday — February 27, 2012 at 5:58 pm (#

I just can’t take the suspense…what will it be?? Best recipe of 2012??

13. Paula — February 27, 2012 at 7:07 pm (#

I like the preview–chocolate, Oreos and sprinkles! I was able to go home for lunch today so made some dark chocolate peppermint bark with coconut (for a little extra texture) and crushed candy canes.

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

you’re going to be in hog heaven…or minty chocolate heaven with the next post :)

14. sophia — February 27, 2012 at 7:21 pm (#

I made something in my kitchen yesterday: maple syrup banana peanut butter Cheerio bars. Haha, a mouthful! Any idea to simplify that name?

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

Peanut Butter & Maple Cereal Bars…or something like that maybe? They sound wonderful!

15. Alyssa (Down_To_Earth) — February 27, 2012 at 7:35 pm (#

I’ve been working on perfecting a peanut butter protein smoothie using some organic peanut butter powder I just discovered. . .almost there!
    Also, my Monday has been FANTASTIC – by BF and I just booked a trip to San Francisco! It’ll be our very first time to the West coast. It’s SO exciting! :)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

That’s awesome…SF is an amazing!!! city. I’d live there if it was 20 degrees warmer :)

16. BruCrew Life — February 27, 2012 at 7:56 pm (#

Chocolate, oreos, and sprinkles? Sounds like the best day possible!!!!

It kind of was :)

17. Anna @ On Anna's Plate — February 28, 2012 at 8:56 am (#

Funny– two women at Target yesterday were going on and on about those Oreos when I was in the check-out line. Guess they’re the next big thing :-)

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

They have soooo many displays up, too, at my groc store. It’s crazy how much they’re promoting them.

18. Tracey — February 28, 2012 at 6:01 pm (#

I’ve heard good things about the birthday Oreos – I need to get my hands on some of them! I baked cookies yesterday but that was about the extent of it.

Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga Reply:

They seem to be popping up on so many blogs the past few days!