Sticky Recipes

Happy Fat Tuesday. It’s also National Sticky Bun Day and boy, do I love a good sticky bun. I especially love Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. The gooey factor, that dough, that frosting. Oh they are magical.

I do  make Baked Cinnamon Bun Donut with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze at home, sticky fingers and all, to help me get my fix handled.

Here are a few Sticky Fingers Favorites:

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars (No Bake)

White Chocolate Vanilla Peanut Butter Puppy Chow (GF) – Dusty powdered sugar turns into sticky, quickly

Chocolate Saltine Toffee

Cinnamon and Sugar Roasted Chickpea “Peanuts”

Deep Dish Double Chocolate Golden Grahams Smores Bars (Vegan & GF options)

Special K Bars (No Bake)

Baked Orange Banana Coconut Donuts with Orange Coconut Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

Coconut Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds

White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars

Sweet Potato Graham Cracker “French Toast” Sticks

Caramel and Chocolate Gooey Bars

Does it drive you crazy to have sticky fingers?

It does for me and the minute I’m done eating something sticky, I have to wash my hands. I hate the feeling of sugar on my fingers, but love it in my belly.

What have you eaten lately that was sticky?

If you’re going out celebrating Fat Tuesday tonight, have fun and be safe. If you’re staying in, you can always celebrate at home. Just add rum or Cajun seasoning to whatever you’re having and call it a party and I put together some Mardi Gras Party recipes.

Winner of the Babycakes Cupcake Maker & Cookbook Giveaway announced Wednesday

23 Responses to “Sticky Recipes”

Moni'sMeals — February 21, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Good Lord Averie!
    what treat round up! gimme gimme gimme…I want to try them all. Especially the sweet potatoe french toast, so clever!

I can’t stand sticky fingers, constantly I lick them when cooking and when making something ooey gooey stickey, (as gross as that may sound!) or wipe them on paper towels, or my clothes, haha. :) like you only in my belly, not on my fingers which leads to then my face or my cabinets or my camera or my phone, etc. such a mess it can be!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 21st, 2012 at 4:42 pm

I hate sticky fingers too and wipe my hands in between steps and stages when cooking. And before picking up my camera, it’s cook, wash-wipe-dry, camera, stage shot. Return to cooking. Repeat. Which is why sometimes it takes me forever to cook something if I’m going to take pics. All that washing and wiping but I would not touch my camera with sticky hands…shudder.

Erica — February 21, 2012 at 2:06 pm

Have to wash my hands right after! Your cereal bars always get me! I just ate some ab straight from the jar :).

Rachel @ Eat, Learn, Discover! — February 21, 2012 at 2:23 pm

I love that the traditions are different in every region! In the UK it’s national pancake day, and here in Sweden (where i’m living for 6 months) it’s semla day – everyone eats a semla, which is a bun filled with almond paste and whipped cream!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 21st, 2012 at 4:41 pm

You know I read that on another blog last night that it was pancake day, too. Not even just in the UK, but here. There are so many food holiday “sources” and charts and sites, who can keep up with it all!

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 21, 2012 at 2:27 pm

Great list of sticky recipes! Yes, sticky fingers drive me nuts! I guess medjool dates were the last sticky food I had, not too exciting, but good. :-)

Aylin @ Glow Kitchen — February 21, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Those white chocolate marshmellow cake bars get me every time! You are a genius with sweets :)

brandi taylor — February 21, 2012 at 2:46 pm

Do not like sticky fingers at at-all! Even while I am simply just putting a recipe together and have to touch the food somehow I wash or wipe off my hands inbetween . Lol, its silly. Something sticky I have eaten recently, I made some no bake cookies which were messy, a cantaloupe that was pretty sticky. Hmmmm…..I may need to make something else sticky right now…because these pictures are just too much! :-) :-) :-)

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 21st, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I hate sticky fingers too and wipe my hands in between steps and stages when cooking. And before picking up my camera, it’s cook, wash-wipe-dry, camera, stage shot. Return to cooking. Repeat. Which is why sometimes it takes me forever to cook something if I’m going to take pics. All that washing and wiping!

Deirdre — February 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

one of each please…

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 21, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I absolutely HATE having sticky fingers. Ugh! It is horrible! Not sure what the last sticky thing I ate was.

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — February 21, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Haha… “Just add rum or cajun seasoning” love that! Now I’m really wishing I’d added some cajun seasoning to my tomato sauce earlier – that would’ve been festive and delicious!

I’m pretty sure any dessert that is sticky is a good time… sticky buns, donuts, candy, rice krispie treats, etc. But I am with you, need to wash hands promptly when finished!

Katie — February 21, 2012 at 8:18 pm

That puppy chow! Man, I need to make some of that.

I am constantly wiping my hands whenever I am in the kitchen. It drives my mom bonkers when I am at her house, because I refuse to use paper towels, and she hates that I use the towels. What else are they there for?!?!

If not for the sticky factor, I’d only ever make rice krispie treats. Hands down, best dessert ever. but what a mess!

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 21st, 2012 at 8:21 pm

I wear rubber gloves as much as possible in the kitchen for this very reason and they can be a PITA but the washing and wiping is worse. Tip with RKTreats: wear your kitchen gloves and rub about a tbsp of butter/marg on the gloves and then press down on the treats. Very very minimal sticky factor or mess this way.

lynn @ the actor's diet — February 21, 2012 at 11:01 pm

hold the phone. it’s pancake day, fat tuesday, AND sticky bun day?!?

kaity — February 22, 2012 at 3:44 am

yum those crazy smore bars i def needa get on maken!!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — February 22, 2012 at 6:53 am

Mmmmm…yummy examples of stickiness all around. That chickpea picture always gets me drooling :-)

Cristina — February 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

Hi Averie,

I have been a fan of your blog for about 2 months now. I have never commented before but a day doesn’t pass without me catching a glimpse of your blog! This post made me so hungry and I am completely amazed at your talent and creativity!! The White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Marshmallow Stuffed Rice Krispie Bars seem like desserts made in heaven! I wish I could try all of your desserts but at the same time kind of glad I can’t (for waistline reasons) haha Keep the creativity buzzing xx

Paula — February 22, 2012 at 10:26 am

I know the holidays are long gone but I still have candy canes so those can get a little sticky. I love peppermint any time of the year!

Amber K — February 22, 2012 at 11:34 am

It totally does, I actually got a real hankering for a wet wipe while reading this blog. And yet…it’s all worth it. As long as I’m somewhere where I can wash my hands ;)