Winning Donuts

Last week I created a Favorite Breakfast Recipe Ideas post and asked you to vote for my Baked Chocolate Peanut Butter Donuts with Vanilla Peanut Butter Glaze, which were in the final 8 on Babble’s Site for their Best Homemade Breakfast Recipe.

You all came through and I won!

Thank you so much!

The Babble announcement post is here and here’s a screenshot

I appreciate everyone’s support and I wish we could eat donuts together.

But for now, I’ve got to tend to the Mango Ginger Maple Tofu that I’m about to burn for dinner.

When was the last time you ate a donut?  What kind was it?

I have all my donut recipes linked under the Donut heading, here.

Prior to starting to make my own donuts, which is actually easier and more fun than making muffins for me, the last donuts I had were plain Original Krispy Kreme donuts and although homemade baked donuts will never quite replace the fried, fatty, buttery, amazingness that is a KK donut, I tried with these and they passed muster with the family.

Thanks again to everyone who voted!

Have a great night.

22 Responses to “Winning Donuts”

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — February 1, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Woohoo, congrats on the donut win! Sending you a virtual *cheers* <–clanking donuts, of course ;)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — February 1, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Oh congrats Averie. That’s awesome. You already know my take on donuts. Working at a donut place did me in – haven’t had one in almost 20 years. No lie. I do, however, remember when Krispy Kreme was in the town I live in now (where my dad also lived after parents divorced) and it was such a HUGE treat to go there with dad and pick out donuts. I loved the vanilla cream filled. But when I think of donuts, I actually think of my grandmother. She loved blueberry cake donuts so I’d take her those often when I was working at the bakery. It was our special time together.

kathleen @ the daily crumb — February 1, 2012 at 6:17 pm

woo hoo!!! congrats. much deserved :)

Brooke — February 1, 2012 at 6:24 pm

YAY!!!!! Congrats girl!

Brooke

Jenny — February 1, 2012 at 6:56 pm

Congrats! They certainly look like winners! Yummmmm!

Kris — February 1, 2012 at 7:35 pm

congrats, Averie! your doughnuts always look tasty!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — February 1, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Way to go!!!

Julie — February 1, 2012 at 8:08 pm

It was finals week for my students so I bought a dozen of blueberry, strawberry, red velvet, devil’s food, and apple. I got the other teachers PB topped and jelly filled and a Nutella topped with jelly as well. I scraped off some of the PB donut since the jelly was too intense.

My favorite though was a PB and banana donut!

Heidi / foodiecrush — February 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Averie, congrats!! I HAVE to try one of your doughnut recipes, seriously look deevine! Okay and the salad too. But what about my sweet tooth? Can’t wait to see what you come up with the Krups swag.

Deborah — February 1, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Congratulations!! Well deserved!

jackie @ marin mama cooks — February 1, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Congratulations Averie! You deserve it!

Erica — February 2, 2012 at 1:46 am

Ahhh!! Congrats!!

Emily (Edible Psychology) — February 2, 2012 at 3:53 am

Congratulations! I can see why these were winners!

Katie — February 2, 2012 at 4:10 am

Congrats on your winning donuts ; )

Bev Weidner — February 2, 2012 at 7:07 am

Freaking. Awesome. Averie!!!

Tracy — February 2, 2012 at 8:48 am

Congrats! I never heard of babble until you posted your recipe but I hopped over to vote for you and am now hooked!

I tend not to eat donuts very often (for obvious health reasons), but if I had a donut pan I would absolutely make this recipe :) The last donut I ate was a cotton candy flavored donut. I saw it and I had to have it, though I only ate half and gave the other half to my fiance.

• Averie @ Love Veggies & Yoga replied: — February 2nd, 2012 at 11:18 am

p.s. You can make all the donut recipes in muffin tins if you don’t have a donut pan. Just add maybe 4-6 minutes to the baking time, but watch them, of course.

Amber K — February 2, 2012 at 10:48 am

Congratulations!! That’s so awesome. I haven’t had a doughnut for more than a year. Back when I was eating tons of gluten before I got tested for celiac. I was in so much pain every day. Turns out I don’t have celiac, but I’m staying away from gluten anyway. Ouch! Don’t know if I’ll ever experiment with doughnuts again, but certainly not gluten ones!

Christine (The Raw Project) — February 2, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Congrats on Babble, that’s awesome and a deserving recipe I’m sure! I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve had a donut, it’s been that many years!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 2, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Congrats on the win girl!!!! I knew you had it!