Chewing On…

Not many words today.

I’m too busy chewing.

And these, there are no words anyway.

And these Coconut Peanut Butter Magic Cake Bars. The pan is almost gone and I am so sad. They’ve been amazing.

I’ve slurped, in addition to chewing, because I need something to wash it all down with, of course.

Strawberries and Cream Smoothie

What’s been the best thing you’ve done or chewed on so far this weekend?

FoodBuzz featured this recipe in their DailyBuzz Healthy Living Top 9 today, which was a nice little weekend bonus.

Have a great rest of your weekend.

Winner of the NatureBox Healthy Snacks Giveaway announced tomorrow

38 Responses to “Chewing On…”

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 24, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Great pics, making me hungry! :-) Best thing is an 8-mile run that I got in outdoors before the rain really kicked it. Chewed on so far is lots of vegan pizza. :-)

j3nn — March 24, 2012 at 4:48 pm

No words needed! I like the way that citrus salad looks. I bet it’s refreshing in warm weather.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

It’s part of a recipe I am posting later in the week..more details about it to come but the recipe will be up your alley. Not sure about Dustin…he’s a hard one to read! :)

Sara — March 24, 2012 at 5:31 pm

I’ve been chewing on Lindt Sea Salt chocolate. How did I not know about this before now?? It’s really quite incredible..

Holly W — March 24, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’m still drooling over your Magic Cake Bars. I would be sad if they were gone as well.
    The best thing I’ve chewed this weekend is the portabella burger I just downed. Oh man SO good!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I love porta burgers and make the magic cake bars…seriously…they rocked my world!

Michele Sparrow — March 24, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I wanna know what the unnamed “no words” photograph is for! :-) It looks divine, whatever it is!! YUM! I hope you are having a great weekend, Averie!

dragonmamma/naomi — March 24, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Manischewitz makes kosher macaroons for Passover that don’t have any weird oils or crappy corn syrup in them. Really tasty and chewy, and they freeze well; I’ve got quite a few stashed away in the freezer for when the supply dries up.

Really like that last photo of the strawberry smoothie against the white wood. Good use of background props!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:29 pm

Thanks for the picture compliments and good tip about the Manischewitz. I will check those out!

J @ ... semplicemente j ... — March 24, 2012 at 6:58 pm

Love the salad … no words needed!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Claire Austen — March 24, 2012 at 7:04 pm

I’ll have to try that fruit smoothie tomorrow morning… I never thought of putting coconut milk in my smoothie but that’s really good idea! I usually just use yogurt but I was looking for something different.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Enjoy…coconut milk, coconut cream, always a nice change up.

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — March 24, 2012 at 7:05 pm

The best thing I chewed was definitely my twist on the Spring Jasmine Rice Salad from How Sweet it Is, made with millet instead of brown jasmine rice. So yummy. Can’t wait to post it tomorrow.

Paula — March 24, 2012 at 7:27 pm

The best part of my weekend was getting through my recital without messing up. My guitar instructor played with me and it was short and sweet, but I haven’t sat on a stage since high school band (a very looong time ago). The salad looks great and I’m curious about the gooey-cinnamon-y un-named goodies on the white plate–they look…..positively sinful!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

That is Monday’s recipe at 12:01am Monday. Stay tuned :)

And congrats on your recital!

Ellen — March 24, 2012 at 8:01 pm

I’m acting on a short horror film all weekend, but they ordered us a great lunch from Porto’s, an AMAZING cafe/bakery here in Burbank!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 24, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Yum, is that cucumber and oranges? It looks so refreshing!! Congrats on making the top 9 in Daily Buzz. Have a great rest of the weekend!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 24th, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Yes and it’s part of a recipe I am posting later in the week..more details about it to come :)

brooke guevara — March 24, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Just today my husband and I took a trip to SFMoMA and we split the most amazing sweet potato gnocchi served over spinach salad, yum!
    p.s. I love reading your blog (:

Erica — March 24, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Congrats on the feature!!! I had the most amazing brussels sprout salad tonight

Heather (Where's the Beach) — March 25, 2012 at 5:58 am

Sometimes waking up and reading your posts with beautiful pictures like these is such a great way to start the morning. Kind of like the day here – bright, vibrant, beautiful.

Maddie — March 25, 2012 at 7:16 am

The best thing this weekend has probably been gluten free chocolate pillow cookies. So good! And they puff up so high. Its fun. Gf, df, vegan. I adapted the recipe and added a little more egg. http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/11/24/chewy-gooey-flourless-chocolate-cookies/

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 25th, 2012 at 7:49 am

Ok I have had my eye on those cookies of Lori’s for ages but have never made them b/c the variable “range” of egg whites she calls for…from 2 to 4…has me feeling like there’s lots of room for them to flop on me. But you made them vegan?! Would love to hear more about that!

marissa @ the boot — March 25, 2012 at 7:52 am

congratulations on the foodbuzz feature! is that an orange-cuke dill salad i see? that must be so refreshing! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 25th, 2012 at 7:59 am

Thanks and yes it is. More details on it in a couple days. It’s part of a recipe within a recipe I am going to be posting :)

Cookin' Canuck — March 25, 2012 at 8:23 am

The photo of that smoothie is so pretty…makes me think of Easter.

Cindy — March 25, 2012 at 9:02 am

I’ve been chewin’ on YOUR coconut peanut butter magic bars, and coffee.

all I can say is

PEEPS….GO MAKE SOME!

oh my god they are good.

That’s all I ate yesterday , along with a pot of chicken noodle soup.

we’re sick.
    I hate it.
    xo

Jennifer — March 25, 2012 at 9:11 am

Best thing I chewed on was some chocolate banana cake bars my roommate baked. Always dangerous to have those in the fridge.

jojo — March 25, 2012 at 9:48 am

an interval work out that I did at this “deadly hill” that everybody works out at… when I finished my third run up the hill, I felt great! That’s my highlight so far :)
    Congratulations again on being featured, I’m not surprised at all though ;)

Amber K — March 25, 2012 at 10:16 am

I had a gluten-free veggie burger at a steakhouse which was one of the tastiest things I’ve ever eaten. That I could get something like that at a steakhouse so my husband can eat the meat he craves? Priceless.

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — March 25, 2012 at 11:06 pm

I chewed on some really sticky ribs all weekend :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — March 26, 2012 at 1:12 pm

The best thing I chewed on this weekend would probably be a fish taco at the foodie event that I went to.