April 2012 Recipes

I can’t believe it’s April 30th. Where did this month go? It flew by for me in a blurry rush.

In keeping with my goal of highlighting the noteworthy recipes I made each month, here are the April 2012 recipes:

White and Dark Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars

National Peanut Butter & Jelly Day Recipes

Buttery Toasted Captain Crunchies

Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch (vegan, GF)

Milk Bar Mondays: Crack Pie

Creamy Mixed Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars

Marshmallow Candy-Stuffed White Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Buttercream Frosting

Day of the Mushroom Recipes

Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Protein Fudge (Vegan, Gluten Free, No Refined Sugar Added)

Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas (with easy vegan adaptations)

Earth Day and Green Recipes (most are vegan and GF)

Milk Bar Mondays: Compost Cookies

Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars

Rainbow Recipes – Recipes showcasing the colors of the Rainbow

Cookie Butter Funfetti Triple Chip Bars

April 2012 noteworthy Events:

Food Blogger Bake Sale

BlogShop San Francisco

Bake Sale Goodies

Highlights from previous months:

January 2012

February 2012

March 2012

What did you make or do this month that was memorable?

In terms of recipes, I really put my Christina Tosi cookbook to use with inspiration for Buttery Toasted Captain Crunchies, Crack Pie, and Compost Cookies, making for a very buttery month. If you have a “fat-tooth”, more so than a sweet-tooth, those recipes are for you.

If you have a diehard sweet tooth and there’s no such thing as something being too sweet, the Cookie Butter Triple Chip Funfetti Bars are pretty much sugar rush central. And I love them.

I also liked that I created pink recipes this month with Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch, Creamy Mixed Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars, and the Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars. Everything tastes better when it’s pink and gives me an even bigger case of spring fever.

Going to San Francisco was a fun getaway but San Diego is where my heart (and my family) is and even though I was only gone 36 hours, it was great to come home and give Skylar a big hug and a kiss.

Thanks for the Cascal Natural Soft Drink Giveaway entries

19 Responses to “April 2012 Recipes”

j3nn — April 30, 2012 at 1:21 pm

That pie… it needs to be right in front of me now! :)

Annie — April 30, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ugh! I am so mad that I can’t eat my monitor right now.

I think the only thing to make me feel better at this point is to make those white and dark chocolate cream cheese chocolate cake bars. This is an emergency.

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — April 30, 2012 at 1:51 pm

too many good ones! WOW! Hope you had a lovely weekend

• #
      Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 30, 2012 at 4:42 pm

You too, my friend! Life’s busy but good and I know it’s the same for you!

Meg — April 30, 2012 at 2:37 pm

omg. thats all. oh my godiva!

Katie — April 30, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Sweet Jesus, your freezer has got to be overflowing!! I suddenly feel like I didn’t *make* anything that was memorable, but I did finish my semester. That was hella memorable, and THANK GOD it’s over! Started a new one today, but still. Done with that hellacious one!

• #
      Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 30, 2012 at 4:42 pm

Believe it or not, we ate it all aside from some Crack Pie, it’s all gone. Now, today, I was in the kitchen all.day.long. Wow. We have extras now :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 30, 2012 at 4:16 pm

So many yummy looking treats – especially that champagne. I think figuring out grilled kale was the highlight for me this month ;-)

Paula — April 30, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I’ve been trying your recipes and they are all so good! I really had fun with the compost cookies last weekend. I replied again at the bottom of the rainbow recipe post to answer your questions and then wondered about the karo syrup–do you think it makes a difference to omit it? I’ve never come across a cookie recipe that calls for it so I don ‘t often have it.

• #
      Averie @ Averie Cooks — April 30, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I am 99% sure I replied to you about the corn syrup…either it didn’t get sent or got lost in the shuffle…hate it when that happens. Technology!

Anyhooo…I don’t think it made any difference, truth be told. I have never heard of adding it before and really don’t think it lent anything? As discussed in another reply, what you did re portion size/cookie dough size, reduced baking time, etc made much more of a difference than the corn syrup IMO!

Sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 30, 2012 at 7:15 pm

Averie, I’m pretty sure it was April 1st YESTERDAY. I have no clue where this month went! my favorite recipe this month is definitely my most recent oatmeal creme bars! they are so unbelievably delicious and EASY – i know we both love easy recipes! PS: i loved all your pink recipes this month!

Marina@Picnic at Marina — April 30, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Is it really April 30th? I love the Creamy Mixed Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars, beautiful! And the salad, and chutney, and mushrooms, and everything else… Well, you’ve been busy! :)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 30, 2012 at 9:32 pm

I feel like I didn’t cook or bake a single thing in April … haven’t been in the mood lately. Soon enough!

Catalina @ Cake with Love — May 1, 2012 at 4:21 am

Again so many mouth watering and great recipes!! I still have to make those pink lemonade bars!!!

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 1, 2012 at 6:20 am

Great recap, can’t believe April is gone already! So many great recipes from you, wow! April was an expensive month for me with car repairs, traveling, birthday gifts to buy, and a few surprise bills – ugh! Hopefully May will be cheaper. :-)

Amber K — May 1, 2012 at 9:18 am

Well I’m on a liquid diet, so I haven’t gotten to eat anything fun! I had oral surgery yesterday so I’ve just been eating smoothies and other blended food. Boring! I’m drooling over these pictures!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — May 1, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I would so come to a Cinco De Mayo part at your house! All of these dishes look wonderful!

Anita — May 1, 2012 at 4:00 pm

A dazzling array of food. Thank you so much. The mixed berry white chocolate crumble bars so remind me of my favorite cake of all time: Entermann’s Rasberry Danish coffee cake. I won’t eat that anymore. Too much garbage in it. 42 grams of fat, just not worth it.