Quote of the Day

I was running today and saw this quote.

Bacardio.

I love it.

I could use a little Barcardio myself tonight, actually.

Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch with a little wine rather than champagne could be nice.

Or really, just a shot of this will do.

You know, the hard stuff, coffee.

I have tons of photos to edit, emails to catch up on, and have a late night at my desk planned.

Complete with midnight snackage in the form of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bites. I always have a rainy day stash in the freezer.

The winners of the Puff Pastry at Brunch Cookbook Giveaway are:

Veronica @ Café con Leche

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat

Do you have any favorite quotes?

I have a hard time recalling quotes on command so unfortunately, or fortunately, Bacardio is all I’ve got for you.

However, Pinterest is quote central from deep thoughts to the hilarious. If you’re in need of quotes, or 239879 recipes for chocolate chip cookies, you know where to find them.

I hope your week is off to a great start and a delicious post is coming up next.

40 Responses to “Quote of the Day”

1. Marina@Picnic at Marina — April 23, 2012 at 8:26 pm (#

Oh, Bacardio is great to start my week too! Yes, before I came here, my favorite quote was “Do something!” :)

2. Lisa — April 23, 2012 at 9:22 pm (#

I don’t have any particular favourite quotes. I just get most of them from pinterest, and never remember what they say. But I definitely love the quote you posted. That is just awesome. I could use a little wine tonight too actually ;)

3. Katherine Martinelli — April 23, 2012 at 11:23 pm (#

Hahaha that is hysterical. I love it! Congrats to the puff pastry at brunch winners!!

4. Simone — April 24, 2012 at 1:04 am (#

Hahah that quote!!

5. Melissa (Better Fit) — April 24, 2012 at 3:13 am (#

I’m the same way- I never remember quotes, but I do love reading them. Inspirational quotes always give me a little pep me up of inspiration, and make life feel a little brighter. I suppose not remembering quotes means we can benefit from the spark each time we read them?! ;)

Looking forward to the delicious post! :)

6. Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — April 24, 2012 at 3:56 am (#

Ha! I’m actually off to do a quick workout right now… you think 7am is too early for bacardio?

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

It’s always noon somewhere, right!

7. Sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 24, 2012 at 4:29 am (#

HHHHHAHAHAHAHA i just laughed out loud. this quote is perfect. i wouldn’t mind sipping that coocnut water champagne fruit punch on the treadmill. maybe people will think it’s light pink gatorade?! ;)

Exactly!

8. Nicole — April 24, 2012 at 4:39 am (#

The quote I remember is:
    “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it’s in hot water.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

I started off my high school forensics and academic decathlon speech with that quote. (I know, nerd squad, but I enjoyed the experiences!)

Oooh, I like that one!

9. Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — April 24, 2012 at 4:45 am (#

“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
    ― Dr. Seuss :D

Have a fabulous day!

Dr. Seuss is always fun!

10. Cassie — April 24, 2012 at 5:24 am (#

Too good. I love it. I have way too many favorite quotes. Many are pieces of scripture. I love inspiring sayings!

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

The Serenity Prayer is actually one that I do remember but didn’t want to cheapen it by putting it in the same post as…Bacardio. Lol :)

11. Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 24, 2012 at 5:30 am (#

LOL – that’s awesome. I think I could dig that kind of workout ;-)

12. Claire @ Live and Love to Eat — April 24, 2012 at 6:25 am (#

I love the Bacardio idea! ;)

13. Tracy — April 24, 2012 at 6:41 am (#

Hahaha, great quote to wake up to!

14. Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — April 24, 2012 at 6:42 am (#

Bacardio – love it!

15. Catalina @ Cake with Love — April 24, 2012 at 7:02 am (#

The cookie dough balls lool amazing I should make some as well to have for a rainy day! :)

Yes, you need to! :)

16. jamie @ flourchildren — April 24, 2012 at 7:46 am (#

omg haha where did you see that sign? Those dough bites look delicious, may be a good thing to make with my kids cooking classes :)

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

in my area while I was running.

17. Gigi Fontenot — April 24, 2012 at 8:31 am (#

Fabulous, Fabulous quote!!!! :-)

18. CJ at Food Stories — April 24, 2012 at 8:53 am (#

“Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates

19. Amber Shea @Almost Vegan — April 24, 2012 at 9:09 am (#

Bacardio, omg…I love it.
    I have a few favorite quotes. One is:
    “Tell me what a man finds sexually attractive and I will tell you his entire philosophy of life. Show me the woman he sleeps with and I will tell you his valuation of himself.” –Ayn Rand
    Sooo true. :P

I LOVE that!!

20. Jessica @ Dairy Free Betty — April 24, 2012 at 9:59 am (#

Hey long time no see!! :) Love the new look (and name) of the blog!!

Hope you are doing well! I’m trying to get back into blogging slowly but surely!! :)

Jess

21. Amber K — April 24, 2012 at 10:08 am (#

I am horrible at recalling quotes off the top of my head, but I heard this one just yesterday so I still remember it! “Do something today that your future self will thank you for.”

22. Anna @ The Guiltless Life — April 24, 2012 at 10:25 am (#

I have soooo many favourite quotes – a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to them haha. My ultimate favourite life motto though is “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.” It’s a sports quote but it applies to absolutely everything I think! xx

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

I’ve heard that one with regard to photography, in the most literal sense of it!

23. Paula — April 24, 2012 at 10:38 am (#

My favorite quote during grad school is “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit” (Aristotle). On a lighter note, my father would say “a wise general knows when to retreat”.

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

The Aristotle quote is lovely!

24. luv what you do — April 24, 2012 at 6:27 pm (#

That is the most amaizng sign EVER!
    I want one hangout outside my house!

25. Sally @ Spontaneous Hausfrau — April 25, 2012 at 8:03 am (#

HOW did you know that I was craving some sort of something cool, creamy and crumbly?? This is ON!

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

It’s all those things. LMK if you make it!

26. Christine (The Raw Project) — April 25, 2012 at 9:14 am (#

Love that quote and I’ve been seeing plenty like it here in wine country! They’re fun, but alcohol and cardio do not mix for me! :-P

Averie @ Averie Cooks Reply:

Hope the wine country is treating you well!

27. Amy Thomason — April 25, 2012 at 11:51 am (#

I know a fab quote, it goes something like this…

“I am on this new diet. You can eat whatever you want, whenever you want, and as much as you want. You don’t loose any weight but it’s pretty easy to stick to.”

Thought it was hilarious! xD

28. Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 26, 2012 at 9:01 pm (#

I have a bunch of favourite quotes, but I never remember them off hand … they are all written into a notebook.