Shiny

It’s absolutely gorgeous outside in San Diego today. 77F, sunny, not a cloud in the sky.

And my usual barely-have-enough-light other than from 11:17am to 12:53pm kitchen has had more then plenty today.

Everything I took a picture of was shiny and reflecting like crazy. The pears in the 50 cent wooden bowl I picked up here were like reflective globes.

The bowl was a steal.

High voltage pears not included.

I made something with these special edition shiny wrappered 3 Musketeers mini bars. These 3 Musketeers are marshmallow-filled rather than the typical nougat filling.

And now my dessert is filled with these.

What I made is delicious, but I have these shiny Caramel and Chocolate Gooey Bars (GF with Vegan adaptation) on my brain.

And I took pictures of something else that’s extremely shiny.

It’s red, it stands up, it helps mix things, and it comes in one of these boxes.

I have a big, super shiny, happy post coming up and you all are going to love it!

What’s been shiny for you lately?

A shiny day and sunny weather? Any spiffy, shiny new recipes? A shiny new outfit for spring?

41 Responses to “Shiny”

Emily — April 3, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Ooo can’t wait for that! I also love shiny things!!! : )
    My wedding ring was just cleaned and it is super sparkly right now!!!

vanillasugarblog — April 3, 2012 at 4:33 pm

oh girl we FINALLY have sun, and I mean sun for more than one day!
    i was in p-town all day soaking it up and taking pictures.
    a day off from baking….
    felt good.
    now i’m home surfing the web for whatever. LOL
    love your sunny cali pics, keep those coming.
    and send me some Malibu or laguna beach or newport beach photos! LOL
    xoxo!
    (don’t forget about doing a post for me girl……)

Sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 3, 2012 at 4:33 pm

i need to find those 3 muskateer bars! haven’t seen ‘em yet. today was a beautiful, sunshine-y day in baltimore today! i made homemade honey roasted peanut butter today and dipped a super shiny red apple in it. :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 3rd, 2012 at 8:19 pm

I love honey roasted PB! There’s a store-brand honey roasted PB that I buy at Ralph’s (Kroger/Safeway). Huge jar for very cheap…and it’s my go-to PB for baking. I bet yours is incredible!

Paula — April 3, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Ahh–sunshine and warmth! The day started off gray but turned gorgeous ( it was about 77 here too). I would sooo love to have a kitchen aid. Every time I use my 25 year old Sunbeam mixmaster I secretly hope it will conk out so I can get a new one!

Kim - Liv Life — April 3, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Cheers to the beautiful weather!! I spent the morning at the Carlsbad Flower Fields and had a perfectly lovely day. Here’s hoping the grey stays away!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 3rd, 2012 at 8:18 pm

I always forget you’re local! Glad you enjoyed those fields. My friend Marla and I meet in that area all the time.

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 3, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Sounds like perfect weather – and perfect lighting. Our rain sort of made things shiny by cleaning off the pollen.

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — April 3, 2012 at 5:13 pm

No shiny weather here in NY lately. So I’ll just continue coming to your blog every day for a picture of a sunny blue sky!

PS, I can’t wait to find the limited edition 3 Musketeers! I used to eat 3 Musketeers all the time in high school.

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey — April 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm

It wasn’t QUITE that sunny out today – little peeks here and there!

kris — April 3, 2012 at 6:50 pm

no shiny weather here today…it was actually more of a cloudy rainy day with 5 tornadoes in the area! but it certainly is nice to see photos of some shiny weather! :)

I’m going to need to find some of those 3 musketeer marshmallow bars. Look so yum!

Patricia — April 3, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Oh my goodness, those caramel-chocolate bars look amazing! I’m going to have to try the vegan version some day soon.
    I am impressed that you welcome warm weather so enthusiastically. I don’t really like temperatures above about 40, so I haven’t been too pleased with our recent 70/80 degree weather. Oh well….

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 3rd, 2012 at 8:15 pm

I love it warm, anything under 90F is fine. Over that, I need A/C.

Have fun with the gooey bars!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Shiny things make me happy :-) Haven’t seen anything shiny lately, but the Big Apple will have a lot to catch my eye!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm

Shiny for me is the sun! It finally made an appearance today!! Love the mixer. I have one, but it’s to small! I’m asking for a bigger one for Christmas next year.

CatherineHoffman — April 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Hi Averie,
    It’s alwayYs a pleasure to open my e-mail and see and new blog post from you. Love the pictures and the upbeat things you have to say. You are a bright spot in my day.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 3rd, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Omg THANK YOU for this comment! Seriously, that is soooo sweet. You just made my night!

Katie — April 3, 2012 at 8:10 pm

I saw those 3 musketeers tonight at the store and instantly thought of you. ;) I love the regular ones, how are these?

The sun was out all day and I am giving my last lecture of the semester for one of my classes tomorrow. Its not shiny, but it makes me happy still!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 3rd, 2012 at 8:11 pm

They’re fabulous. Better than the original. It was random I even saw them b/c I was shopping for Easter bunny candy for Skylar, just something really small…and saw those and HAD to get them!

Ellen — April 3, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Oooh how I covet a red ka mixer! I love my food processor, it need as sibling, haha.
    As for what’s shiny in my life? Nothing literally, but the discovery of Skype dates with my friends who live far away has been a happy thing

Shari — April 3, 2012 at 9:22 pm

Those bars look so delicious!!!!

Christine (The Raw Project) — April 3, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Jealous of your weather, it’s raining here now! But that’s okay, we need it for the garden. ;-) And it should be nice for the weekend. Not much shine going on here lately except for wet pavement. :-P

jojo — April 4, 2012 at 12:13 am

New kitchen aid? How exciting!
    It was a beautiful day today up in Long Beach too :)
    Hmm, a little glass bin I bought at a thrift store is as shiny as it’s going to get for me right now :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — April 4, 2012 at 4:28 am

I haven’t even heard of those 3 musketeers bars yet! They sound amazing though.

SO jealous of that weather! It’s nice here, but that’s just gorgeous :)

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — April 4, 2012 at 4:28 am

It has been beautiful here, too! Clear skies and 85*

dragonmamma/naomi — April 4, 2012 at 4:31 am

My old coffeemaker bit the dust and I now have a shiny new one. A Cuisinart, same as the old one except stainless steel color instead of black.
    The coffee tastes so good now that I hate to think what was growing inside the old one that made it taste so nasty as of late. I’m committed to rinsing the new one with vinegar solution every two weeks to keep it clean.

Annie D @ Annie's Simple Life — April 4, 2012 at 5:17 am

My shoes are sparkly today! :)

Tracy — April 4, 2012 at 8:18 am

I love seeing your beautiful outdoor pictures! This might sound silly, but I feel like my insides are shiny. I have been on a Green Smoothie a day breakfast kick and I feel amazing all morning long.

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — April 4, 2012 at 9:26 am

SIGH a huge part of me wants to move to California for part of the year. Would you recommend the San Diego area or somewhere else in CA?

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 4th, 2012 at 9:35 am

I just love it here…wouldn’t live anywhere else but you need to come out here and see for yourself :)

Deirdre — April 4, 2012 at 9:46 am

Lovely pears. They are so perfect right now…been eating them by the bag.
    Can’t wait to find out what the kitchen aid is all about…have been wanting one for years…

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — April 4, 2012 at 9:55 am

Shiny… hmmm that’s a tough one. Can I pretend that mixer is mine? I’ve always wanted one. I don’t think there’s anything shiny in my life right now. It’s Spring in Calgary which means everything is really dirty, grey and there’s gravel everywhere all over the roads from the Winter. Yuck!

Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat — April 4, 2012 at 10:33 am

I LOVE my red Kitchenaid!!! I use it seriously almost ever day! I have a shoes giveaway on my blog today for spring- check em out if your a size 6.5!!

Amber K — April 4, 2012 at 10:40 am

I can’t wait for the weather to get nice, I have been missing the sun!

Lindsay @ Fuel My Family — April 4, 2012 at 11:33 am

I have never been to San Diego but have always wanted to. its actually one of the places my husband may get stationed next!
    And I wish I had something new and shiny today…maybe I need to remedy that :)