TGIF

TGIF! It’s a gorgeous day in San Diego with sunny skies and temps in the high 70s. Picture perfect weather and the kind that brings a smile to my face, especially on a Friday.

I plan to spend lots of time this weekend outside because it’s supposed to be a spectacular one. Maybe I’ll hit up the farmers market.

I hope the weather forecasters are right because I could use some sun, fun, and R & R time with the family.

I may even pour one of these.

At the very least, I can guarantee I’ll be eating some cookies.

Maybe a White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookie if I get motivated to make up a batch.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Thanks for the Puff Pastry at Brunch Cookbook Giveaway entries

Be safe and enjoy your weekend!

40 Responses to “TGIF”

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 20, 2012 at 11:31 am

I needed all those beautiful, sunshiny, cheery pictures right about now. Super gloomy and cold here today (apparently we had summer now spring). Happy Friday!

Lea — April 20, 2012 at 11:43 am

Can you send some of that sunshine to the east coast? It’s supposed to rain here all weekend.

Kristi @lifesprinkles.com — April 20, 2012 at 11:47 am

hav

Kristi @lifesprinkles.com — April 20, 2012 at 11:48 am
    Kristi @lifesprinkles.com — April 20, 2012 at 11:50 am

oh my goodness – iPhone problems! :) I was trying to say have a lovely weekend!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 20th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

commenting from an iphone is the worst duty ever…so thanks for even trying! :)

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — April 20, 2012 at 11:59 am

Gosh, those cookies look so good right now and I’m not even hungry in the least.
    The weather is pretty good here, too. 59F which is HOT for this time of year, so I’ll take it!
    This weekend – we’re having some work friends over on Saturday for an Indian themed dinner party, then on Sunday, we’re going to the mountains! Have a good one, Averie!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 20th, 2012 at 12:22 pm

I did my job then… of making you hungry :)

Major congrats again on your decision! (I don’t get comment replies from you in my inbox so not sure if you wrote back but will pop over to your site later to read thru the comments..so happy for you!)

Paula — April 20, 2012 at 11:59 am

Looks like a beautiful day in San Diego–and a trip to the farmer’s market sounds like fun! We’re supposed to get some rain so it’s clouding up, but I have some indoor things to do and it’s been a productive day so far. Might go to a movie tonight but I think we’re due for a low key weekend and some R&R as well. Enjoy the sunshine!

Sam @ Fit for My Fork — April 20, 2012 at 12:26 pm

Please can I borrow your sunshine? We’ve had nearly a full week of rain and we’re in for at least another five days. So tired of it! I hope you enjoy all your sunny days – your weekend plans sound lovely :)

Erica — April 20, 2012 at 12:34 pm

It is nice! I’m totally thinking about the farmers market too. Other than that? Just dinner to celebrate my Uncle’s birthday!

Kelly Senyei (Just a Taste) — April 20, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on Just a Taste! I am so thrilled to have found your blog, and for so many reasons! I am from La Jolla (now living in NYC) and miss San Diego every minute of every day. Can’t wait to continue following all of your southern California culinary adventures!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 20th, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Kelly I’ve been stalking/stealthing your blog for quite some time :) You have amazing photos, truly creative recipes, and now that I know you’re from La Jolla, I love ya even more! If you’re ever back this way, holler!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — April 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm

TGIF for sure!!! Looks like you have a great weekend planned. My in laws are here to celebrate an early birthday with my 6 year old. Should be fun!

vanillasugarblog — April 20, 2012 at 2:03 pm

have a wonderful weekend doll!

Gigi Fontenot — April 20, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I just have to say how much I love the look and feel of your blog. I was originally brought to it because I love veggies and I am a yogi. I was looking for a blog to satisfy me in this area of my life and I found you!! Thanks for all of your wonderful recipes and wow does San Diego look more beautiful than Orlando does today! I am also a brand new blogger and would love any advice you may have. Please stop by. I am still trying to figure this whole thing out!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — April 20, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Ryan has a conference tomorrow from 8-2, so my plans for tomorrow are just to SURVIVE…it will be my longest time of taking care of Lila, just on my own :-)

Hope your gorgeous weather stays and you have a great weekend!

Kelly @ Foodie Fiasco — April 20, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I hope you enjoy this GORGEOUS Friday we’re having here in SoCal! Happy Weekend, Averie! ;)

Melissa (Better Fit) — April 20, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Wow- that palm tree photo looks amazing! We’ve had rain, rain, rain for a week!

For my weekend plans, I’m probably going to take a short run through the rain drops and try out a couple of new recipes. Just a nice, quiet and relaxing weekend! Enjoy yours and the farmer’s market!

Christine (The Raw Project) — April 20, 2012 at 3:49 pm

TGIF! So glad the weekend is finally here! And our weather is supposed to be perfect too! So far plans include gardening, a run, Earth Day Fest, and a lecture on cheap grocery shopping.

Vita @ Juicer Depot — April 20, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Beautiful pictures of colorful floweres and palm trees. It is always nice to see picltures of nature.

Luv What You do — April 20, 2012 at 5:36 pm

It was a misarble day in Chicago but all good because it is Friday!
    I love Fridays!

Deirdre @ladies holiday — April 20, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Those sunflowers are gorgeous…and the sunny skies, I might add. Successfully turned 4 people onto cookie butter. Trader Joes should thank me ;) But I thank you. Enjoy the weekend.

kita — April 20, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Sunflowers are my favorite! I grow them every year in my garden – they are so out of place in the weather and with all the local plants but they just make me smile. Sorry for being so enthusiastic about the sunflowers but they are awesome.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 20th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I LOVE them, too. Big time. I have tons of pics of them in my archives and every time I post about them, I get at least one really enthusiastic comment and I love that :)

Baker Street — April 21, 2012 at 1:07 am

after seeing your pictures, I’m going to go with the indulge into some snickerdoodle cookies and a nutella cream cheese chocolate cake! :)

Deborah — April 21, 2012 at 7:20 am

I have lots of cooking to do today, but I’m super excited for a baby shower tonight. And then lots of relaxing tomorrow!!

CJ at Food Stories — April 21, 2012 at 7:45 am

Low key here at my house but I sure could use one of your fancy pink drinks. It’s a hot one in SoCal, this weekend.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 21, 2012 at 9:29 am

No plans for the weekend … which I kind of like.

Amber K — April 21, 2012 at 9:33 am

It’s so dreary today. Send some of your sun up north! But you can keep the heat ;) Have a great Saturday Averie!

Simone — April 21, 2012 at 9:44 am

Aaahh I’m craving the cookies right now, they look so delicious!

jojo — April 21, 2012 at 11:19 am

The sunflowers look so beautiful! I’ve always liked sunflowers, it looks like it’s full of energy, strong, and has a unique look :)
    Unfortunately I have a lot of studying to do this weekend.. I’m definitely going for atleast one run and hopefully take the baby to the beach still :)