Weekends Are…

Weekends are the best time to bake.

And make your house smell delicious.

I made something along the lines of these.

I better take pictures of the new goodies before the family eats I eat them all.

Weekends are the best time to stop and smell the roses.

Or the yellow calla lillies.

Weekend mornings are made for nice long walks and catching up with my husband. I can talk his ear off for 5 miles while he nods and says yes, dear.

Five miles later, I came up for air. That expression, I’m at a loss for words. That’s never happened to me.

They’re also the best time to read cookooks as if they are novels.

In bed, starting from the beginning, one page at a time, line by line, word by word, to be sure I don’t miss a single thing.

And I wouldn’t want to miss a single thing in Joy’s book. It’s fabulous.

Weekends are the best time to eat fudge. Especially when it’s vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and has no refined sugar.

Dare I say that actually sounds like it’s good for me and I should eat extra. Twist my arm.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate Protein Fudge

What’s been the best thing you’ve done or eaten so far this weekend?

Complete the sentence: Weekends Are__________

Thanks for the Puff Pastry At Brunch Cookbook Giveaway entries

Enjoy your weekend!

41 Responses to “Weekends Are…”

Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets — April 21, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Love this! So refreshing :) Weekends are… the best! Your baking looks soo delicious. The most tasty food I’ve had today was out for brunch – Greek yogurt,cinnamon granola, mixed berries, caramelized bananas (the best part), ginger, goji berries + honey!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — April 21, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Those flowers are simply beautiful. Love that color. I think weekends are for enjoying.

Steffany — April 21, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I agree, weekends are so the best time to bake & make the house smell all yummy. (: I am thinking about making cherry chocolate chip cookies today !! (:

Heather @ Housewife Glamour — April 21, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Weekends are…my favorite. I subscribe to your blog, so it’s been a while since I’ve actually been to your site! Love the new name and layout :) And, as always, your baking looks absolutely delicious and your photos are gorgeous!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Thanks for saying hi and clicking off the Reader/email subscribe and checking out the site. I launched it early March and I am so happy with the colors and layout :)

Paula — April 21, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Weekends are a great time to re-charge! The best thing I made was the balsamic reduction. Ahhh-so good with mushrooms, onion, fennel and bell pepper. I made a big batch so I have plenty to try on other things too!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Yay for balsamic reduction :) I could drink it…haha! And I LOVE fennel. So under-rated and I just adore it.

BruCrew Life — April 21, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Weekends are a good time to pull all the weeds from the flower beds! Oh and eat some fudge that I made yesterday as a reward for pulling all the weeds:-)

luv what you do — April 21, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Weekends are…
    My favorite part of the week!!!

I agree…it is definitely a time to play in the kitchen and make a fantstic lunch of fajitas (like the BOY and I did today) on the grill.

Angela / Canned Time — April 21, 2012 at 4:09 pm

Weekends are for rejuvenation. Sometimes that’s staying in bed until 9, sometimes it’s getting up at 6 am for a long walk by myself before the husband / housework starts. Those yellow Calla Lilies are gorgeous!

Sally @ sallys baking addiction — April 21, 2012 at 4:15 pm

i *love* my weekends. the best thing so far has been my very long run today, baking my first batch of donuts (banana bread donuts w/ dark chocolate glaze. cant wait to post them tomorrow!) and having a movie night in with my boyfriend. :)

PS: i NEED to buy cookie butter asap.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Get your hands on it b/c I have a recipe coming up in a week or so that YOU in particular are going to love.

Maria Carolina — April 21, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Weekends are rejuvenating. It gives you a chance to take a break from the fast treadmill that is life and to value the time you have with family and friends.

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — April 21, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Beautiful flowers!!

Erica — April 21, 2012 at 5:04 pm

Sounds just wonderful :) I need to get my hands on joy’s cookbook! Best thing I’ve done this weekend? Hung with Josh and run with Kaylin. Best thing I ate? Believe it or not- a beef burger tonight!

lindsay — April 21, 2012 at 6:19 pm

those are my kind of novels. Oh i love it. I need to buy that one next!

Gena — April 21, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Three cheers for vegan protein fudge! Looks fantastic. Hope you’re enjoying the weekend, Averie :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:13 pm

It’s so easy, too. I’m not a huge protein powder person but in the fudge, it’s a winner.

Catherine Hoffman — April 21, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Weekends are for catching up and connecting with the hubs. Our time.

J @ ... semplicemente j ... — April 21, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Weekends are for sharing … sharing time with family and friends!

This weekend was for Prom …

Friday … excited for Prom ….
    Saturday … preparing for Prom … taking pics for Prom … seeing daughter off to Prom
    Sunday … will be for recuperating from Prom … :)

Lovely pics …

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Sounds like it was a prom-athon :) I know in a blink of an eye Skylar will be going to hers. Gulp.

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen — April 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm

That jar of cookie butter up top reminds me that I’ve been meaning to tell you that I blame you for my husband’s obsession with the stuff now. You got me hooked and then I brought 4 jars home this past trip and now HE WON’T STOP EATING IT! seriously, he demolished 1 jar in 3 days, I had one spoonful. I’m thinking about hiding the remaining jars from him.
    Obviously, I’m joking about the blame part (kinda ;))

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — April 21st, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I wish I was getting a commission on it. I had one woman write in yesterday she got 4 different friends hooked!

Vita @ Juicer Depot — April 21, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Weekends are for catching up with friends and family!!!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — April 21, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Weekends are made for relaxing and being with friends and family!

Simone — April 22, 2012 at 2:12 am

My weekends are often full of partys , the good studentlife!

Melissa (Better Fit) — April 22, 2012 at 3:23 am

hehe! Your walks with your husband description made me giggle. I can relate!

Weekends are for… spending quality time with my husband, having the chance to take my time with a workout, and maybe heading out for a nice meal.

Joy — April 22, 2012 at 5:59 am

Weekends are for spending with the ones you love!
    The best part of my weekend was a great date with my husband

Sam @ Fit for My Fork — April 22, 2012 at 6:32 am

Weekends are for sleeping in and getting organized for the week! Sounds a bit boring, I know, but one of those necessary evils. :) I love spending Sunday in the kitchen trying out new recipes to take for my lunch during the week.

Our walks sound like yours – I do a lot of the talking!

marla — April 22, 2012 at 9:23 am

And to shoot a cookbook!! XO Love the post today :)

Amber K — April 22, 2012 at 9:33 am

Weekends are relaxing. Oh wait, that’s what weekends should be. Most of the time they are actually full of food prep and running errands. But those stolen relaxing moments make it all worth it.

Ellen — April 22, 2012 at 3:30 pm

Weekends are work days for me recently! Then again so are week days:)
    Fortunately the acting part of my job is jolly good fun…it’s the business side I’m trying to learn to love.
    Those yellow callas are amazing’

Deborah — April 22, 2012 at 4:05 pm

I’ve been cooking up a storm this weekend. And now I’m exhausted and need another weekend!! But – the best thing I did this weekend was a fabulous baby shower with friends. Fun!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — April 22, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Weekends are … pure bliss.

I bought some of that cookie butter in NY, and the hubby LOVES it.

Kait — April 23, 2012 at 12:31 pm

…for celebrating beginnings and endings with the ones who’ve been there through it all.