Sporty and Spoony

It was a picture-perfect Saturday morning for a nice run.

Not too hot, not too cold, not too windy. 70F, sunny, and lovely.

I normally purchase Champion sports bras from Target because I love the fit and the price ($16.99), but they’ve been out of cute colors for ages and I was overdue.

I got with this one from the Nike Store. I love aqua, teal, and neon green. Perfect colors for me and I tried it out today. No complaints.

After my run, I had a Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie

Except I used strawberries in it rather than blueberries.

I also got sporty with this today.

I got my second workout in just doing all the dirty baking dishes (the bowls are these; someone usually asks me), spatulas, and spoons.

These results were worth it.

And I took a bazillion pictures.

I am love, love, loving my new table. Best purchase of 2012.

I also got sporty spoony trying to decide which one to use in some of the photos.

Every once in awhile the thrift store pays off.

Have you done anything sporty or fun so far this weekend?

Enjoy your weekend!

43 Responses to “Sporty and Spoony”

Luv What You Do — May 19, 2012 at 2:17 pm

I was up super early for a long run enjoying the beautiful weather in Chicago (although now it is getting alittle too hot). I had a recovery smoothie too, but didn’t think to drink mine out of a wine class. Next time!!! Cute new sports bra! I love the colors!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Chicago weather…goes from snow storms to heat & humidity, right! :)

Michele Sparrow — May 19, 2012 at 2:22 pm

Today is Seraphim’s first prom!! I must admit i am super weepy about it. Time has simply flown and I am amazed that it is happening already. Sigh…gotta love all the stages even through the tears!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Grab the tissues…there’s going to be lots of happy tears! Congrats, Mom, on a job well done :) Wow…I can only imagine how you must be feeling!

marittza — May 19, 2012 at 2:33 pm

For someone whose blog is called “loves veggies and yoga” it seems like EVERY POST you make is about cookies or cakes and is completely laden with insane amounts of butter and sugar. I dont get it…?

• tia replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I could care less what it’s called.. I love your blog :)
      -Tia
      sewcalmama.blogspot.com

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:48 pm

Thank you, Tia. I appreciate your support!! :)

lynn @ the actor's diet — May 19, 2012 at 2:57 pm

am loving today’s weather in LA too! we already hit up the pasadena great harvest and are on our way to a bday dinner!

Anna @ On Anna's Plate — May 19, 2012 at 3:11 pm

Well, you know how I feel about spoons :-) Have a great weekend, girl!

vanillasugarblog — May 19, 2012 at 3:18 pm

today was pool opening/cleaning day. i’m wiped out.
    time to carb overload lol with spaghetti

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 3:34 pm

pool opening day…I remember it (not fondly)…childhood friend’s pool opening day/weekend was always a TON of work! I knew even as a kid what an epic chore it was. Pour a glass of wine & put your feet up!

Angela / Canned Time — May 19, 2012 at 3:24 pm

Love the spoon closest to the bottom of that picture. I can’t wait to see what you’re putting any of them in! I’m working on something with Watermelon, maybe ice cream? In the North East, having watermelon in the stores always says, “it’s summer”, and fresh corn on the cob.
    Do you remember how much those spoons were about? I saw some last week for $12 each and I thought that was pretty steep for old spoons so I left them there.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

At the thrift store I go to, all silverware is 25 cents each. That means a junky fork or a true “gem” of a find and a real antique spoon, all are a quarter each. I don’t think the people that work there either know (or care) to sort it all out…I wouldn’t pay $12 bucks for one piece unless it just really spoke to me. Loudly. Or was really old or had some special meaning.

Stefania — May 19, 2012 at 6:00 pm

I love the colors of that bra! I could really use some new sports bras myself. Lately I have been getting a run in early in the morning before the kids wake up- it’s the only way I’d get any sort of workout in (other than chasing them around lol.)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

I know that feeling. Have to do it right away or it…doesn’t happen!

Holly W — May 19, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Had a great run this morning as well – a new route, which was a NICE change! Also got my bakey and photography on too. Can’t wait to see what you made!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

will be posting it later this week…thanks for being curious :)

Mary Legare Whaley — May 19, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Love your new sports bra. Nike rocks. This season’s colors are the jam. I was very sporty today. Almost 3 hours at this gym this morning, then late afternoon, I thought I’d go for a “short run”…8 miles later…it was a long run. So sporty Saturday? Yes. I blame it on the Trader Joe’s dark chocolate covered ginger chews my mom forced on me when I dropped by for a visit. She forced the first one…but the next 30 were totally on me.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Wow, you work out more in one day than I think I do all week! 3 hours AND an 8 mile run…better go have some brownies. Or more ginger chews :) Those things are so good!

Helene — May 19, 2012 at 8:20 pm

I love the bra and that you make lot’s of desserts. What did you baked?

Paula — May 19, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I just ordered a sports bra in an aqua/ teal print so l really like the color of yours too! My stepdaughter has her senior prom tonight so we had fun getting pictures of her and her date ( and the other 3 couples with them). I got sporty today at the gym….with my husband ( just weight lifting)!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:45 pm

senior prom…wow, bet you guys had lots of pictures and a milestone type night!

Leonor @FoodFaithFitness — May 19, 2012 at 8:38 pm

My daughter graduated tonight….from high school! I envy your weather.

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — May 19, 2012 at 9:10 pm

There’s something about drinking a smoothie or juice out of a wine glass that makes it a truly decadently delicious experience:)

Katie — May 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm

It got into the 90s today and yesterday!! I went to graage sales all morning today and made a few small purchases. I thought of you a lot though – there were so many dishes everywhere!! I got a few knick knacks for my new house, a coupke great plants and some bird houses for my garden. Then I spent the afternoon leading birding workshops and tours for the local fesitval that I volunteered for. It was great weather, but insanely windy. I was glad to be done by 3 pm, and still have the rest of the day to relax and pack some more.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 19th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

90s?!! Wow! nothing like a long, smooth spring and transition from winter to summer :) The mosquitoes will be as big as softballs any day now. lol

Wow your day sounds amazing (minus the packing part)!

Marina {YummyMummyKitchen.com} — May 19, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Hello! I wanna see what you made!

And yes, I love thrift store spoons :)

Tiffany — May 19, 2012 at 11:59 pm

Don’t you just ABSOLUTELY LOVE those mixing bowls?!? I got mine in pinks and purples and I swear I wash them all about twice a day since I have decided to use them for my meal bowls as well because they’re so darn cute!!! You were the reason I wanted to find them in the first place!! :)

Heather (Where's the Beach) — May 20, 2012 at 5:39 am

Cute top. Mine are all boring, plain black. I need to find some fun, bright colors. After being in the car most of yesterday, I’m about to go for a run today. Then park my butt on the beach ;-)

Marcia @Frugal Healthy Simple — May 20, 2012 at 8:56 am

Aqua, teal, and turquoise are my favorite colors.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — May 20, 2012 at 9:10 am

I haven’t done anything sporty … but I did support and cheer on some friends this weekend in a bike race.

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — May 20, 2012 at 10:15 am

love all of the pictures. That smoothie looks delish and I love your running bra! Hope you had a great restful weekend :)

Amber K — May 20, 2012 at 10:46 am

I haven’t done a single sporty thing. Okay, I’ve gone out dancing. I’ve chased after nieces and nephews at the park. Eh, I take it back! Can’t wait to see what crazy dessert recipe you’ve got coming up next! I need more sugar in my life ;)

Amelia — May 20, 2012 at 12:51 pm

I’ve been doing the regular running, yoga, lifting, and swimming, but last Friday we had a Zumba-athon at my school and it was actually really fun to spice it up a bit. As far as my gracefulness… that doesn’t need to be commented on, hahaha.

Sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 20, 2012 at 4:55 pm

Averie- that is PERFECT running weather. In the summertime, I have to wake up at like 6am to get in a long run (if I’m training for a race!). It stinks! Especially on weekends.

And i love that we are bowl twins. :) Love my confetti bowls!!

Christine (The Raw Project) — May 21, 2012 at 6:13 am

I’ve gone for a run, hike, and indoor workout this weekend, but your running weather sounds better because it was a little hot here this weekend.

Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition — May 21, 2012 at 5:44 pm