Time for this week’s Thursday Things:
1. When I was on the Avocado Tour a couple Saturdays ago, Scott took Skylar to the mall and they went into the Disney store. She’s been talking about these “pink sparkle boots” at least nine times a day, every day, since then.
She’s five years old and weeks later, she’s not pining away for toys, dolls, or wishing she had a playdate with a friend or that we’d take her to the movies. Nope, she’s jonesing for shoes. I can relate.
So I decided to surprise her and I bought them. Just in time for the 80F degree weather we had on Wednesday. She says she doesn’t mind sweaty feet.
2. I dropped my ultra-fine point tweezers, similar to these, on the bathroom floor last week and the tip broke. Darn.
I love the ultra-fine tip for getting at ingrown hairs, random tiny eyebrow hairs,
popping zits, or whatever your tweezing needs are. You’ll never go back to fatter-tipped or slanted-tipped Tweezers after the fine-point kind.
3. I did a tiny bit of spring cleaning and donated a few bags of clothes that were outgrown or weren’t getting any love anymore. It’s such a good just feeling getting it out of my house.
Freeing up valuable closet space is worth it’s weight in pink glitter boots.
4. Plus, I had an ulterior motive.
When I dropped off the clothes, I poked around to see what kind of dishes I could score at the thrift store.
5. I got this little wooden bowl for 50 cents. Big spender.
You know the expression, one woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure?
Well, apparently even thrift stores get picked over and have “off” days where it truly all just looks like someone else’s trash because I didn’t have much luck. Better luck next time.
6. I have absolutely no where to wear this dress, but I wish I did because I love it.
7. The dress sort of matches the Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria.
Being color-coordinated with drinks is always a bonus, right?
8. Adonia Greek Frozen Yogurt is available in vanilla, raspberry, wild blueberry, key lime, peach, mango and espresso. Greek frozen yogurt bars are also available in wild blueberry and peach.
These non-fat creamy treats have 9 grams of protein and only 130 calories per serving.
This Greek Frozen Yogurt isn’t only a scoop-able treat. You can layer your favorite berries and granola with it or blend it with other ingredients to create a creamy smoothie.
Want to win some? Leave a comment on this post telling me so and on the next post, I’ll pick a winner. The winner will receive three product vouchers for three free Adonia items.
9. King Arthur’s website has quite a comprehensive Baking Tips & Techniques section.
I love getting down to the baking nitty-gritty about creaming, sifting, piping, and similar earth-shattering discussions. How long to chill cookie dough before it’s considered sufficiently chilled and how to properly separate egg whites and yolks is the stuff I live for which is why Alton Brown is my hero.
10. I need chocolate every day.
It was National Chocolate Chip Day on Tuesday but that doesn’t mean that I don’t want chocolate on Thursday. Or the other days of the week.
Dark Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate Covered Strawberries should do the trick.
What are your Thursday Things?
If you’ve seen anything, done anything, or made anything fabulous, feel free to link it up in the comments.
Have you ever seen something in a store, not bought it, but wished you had and not been able to stop thinking about it?
I think we’ve all done this, I just didn’t know it happened to five year olds.
I did this with a pair of jeans I saw and tried on just weeks after I found out I was pregnant with Skylar. They fit perfectly but because I was pregnant and had no idea what my body was going to do, I didn’t buy them, but I’m still thinking about them six years later.
Have a great wrap-up to your week!