May 2012 Recipes

In keeping with my efforts to post the noteworthy recipes I made each month, here’s what I served up in May 2012

And can you believe 2012 is almost half over!?

May 2012 recipes:

Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches

20 Memorial Day Party Recipes

Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups and Ice Cream

Chips and Cheese Chili Casserole

Other Noteworthy Posts:

Avocado Tour

11 Years – My anniversary and Mother’s Day all in one weekend. Lots of happy tears shed.

A Few Books – Cookbooks and books I’m loving lately or are on my wish list

Highlights from previous months:

January 2012

February 2012

March 2012

April 2012

What did you make or do this month that was memorable?

What was delicious in your life?

Mother’s Day, my anniversary, warmer weather, and longer days were delicious.

And so was the sangria, the cookies, and yes, even Brussels’s sprouts.

I’m proud of myself for posting a few savory recipes, for tackling making homemade mustard (that and canning, I can check off my life’s bucket list), and for even cooking at all some day. Because some days it would be easier to eat nachos for dinner than to cook. Can you relate?

Thanks for the Champion Sports Bra Giveaway entries & TGIF!

50 Responses to “May 2012 Recipes”

sally @ sallys baking addiction — June 1, 2012 at 3:11 am

Averie – I love all your May recipes listed! Especially those coconut spice cheesecake bars, compost cookies, and spicy honey mustard… man I love condiments :D

My birthday was delicious! Cupcakes, fudge, cake batter blondies, etc. And my friends wedding was delicious too- one of the desserts was 24k gold dusted chocolate torte. HEAVENLY!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Your month was pretty delicious my friend…seriously, you had me going with all your goodies too! 24k gold dusted anything sounds pretty….FABulous!

marissa @ the boot — June 1, 2012 at 4:14 am

your photos and recipes are absolutely brilliant! they all male me want to take a giant bite out of the screen. :) have a great weekend!

Catalina @ Cake with Love — June 1, 2012 at 5:02 am

The Pina Colada cookies are my favorites, a very nice way to enjoy the pina colada flavor for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and even at work!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

and you could probably swap in rum instead of vanilla extract…just sayin’ :)

Paula — June 1, 2012 at 5:19 am

My trip to San Francisco was probably the highlight of May–and the Thai food was delicious! This year is going very fast! I’m trying to decide between making the mounds bar cake mix cookies or the chic chip cookie cups this weekend. So many of your recipes to try….all so very delicious looking!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

They are both good ones! LMK what you choose & your thoughts!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — June 1, 2012 at 5:19 am

I love these posts because I love seeing the gorgeous photos again. The colors are always so beautiful and vibrant. Nice way to star a morning ;-)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Awwww, you are such a sweetie :) Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

katie @ KatieDid — June 1, 2012 at 5:54 am

May was a full and wonderful month for me as well. Between senior week, graduating, moving out, getting a little photography business going, landing a job (phew), and starting up on another big project… lots going on, just the way I like it!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Wow, you had a HUGE month! When you put it like that, you were one busy lady and congrats on each and every one of your HUGE milestones!

marla — June 1, 2012 at 7:01 am

I like the idea of posting the hot recipes from each month. Clever you are :) They all look GREAT! Have a FAB weekend!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:43 pm

It’s my way of keeping myself honest, i.e. did I “only” just make cookies this month? Was there enough variety, what was really good, what did I love…what would I like to do more of. It’s as much for me as for anyone who missed them :) At the end of the year, I will have one big PILE of recipes/links all organized, too!

Leanne @ healthful pursuit — June 1, 2012 at 7:03 am

Wow, those cheesecake bars! My gosh, is the year actually almost 1/2 over? Where does the time go ?!

Katie — June 1, 2012 at 7:11 am

I don’t even remember May….it went by way too fast and was a complete blur. I think I need a vacation from the month of May.

Melissa (Better Fit) — June 1, 2012 at 7:29 am

My big memorable thing this month was a 2 week trip home to Canada. So great!

Wow- I can’t believe the year is nearly half way over!

Stefania@ Revitalize with Stefania — June 1, 2012 at 7:47 am

I love how coconut is in several of these recipes :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I can’t believe it wasn’t in even more…I have to restrain myself b/c I know not everyone is quite as fond of it as I am!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — June 1, 2012 at 8:13 am

May definitely treated you well!! — or is it the other way around…yes I think so:) all your recipes are so delicious and beautifully & artistically captured! My fav May recipe was probably the cornflake choc chip marshmallow cookies — i mean, with a 5-Star lineup like that…they’re going to be incredible!
    Thanks for sharing!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:42 pm

“delicious and beautifully & artistically captured!” — that is super sweet of you to say…thank you!! :)

Gena — June 1, 2012 at 8:48 am

The recipes are all delicious and spring-like, but I have to say, the avocado tour made me most happy :)

Quisha — June 1, 2012 at 9:08 am

Your photography is great…

So are those little grilled cheese and tomato sammies :) Delish!

Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 1, 2012 at 9:54 am

Sexy month YOU had!

Lauren | Sweet Splendor — June 1, 2012 at 11:58 am

Those are some really great recipes! The coconut cheesecake bars look AMAZING.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 1:40 pm

they are super yummy! One of my faves in a long time, actually!

Amber K — June 1, 2012 at 12:06 pm

So many delicious things, so little time. Well everything that’s creamy or soft. Gotta be nice to those gums. I made banana bread most recently. Yum!

vanillasugarblog — June 1, 2012 at 2:41 pm

i adore ANYTHING you make with avocados.
    you are the queen of avocado creations!
    have a wonderful weekend girl!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 2:46 pm

we were commenting on each other’s blogs at the SAME TIME! Psychic wavelength :)

xo

Natalie @ FreshLifeFindings — June 1, 2012 at 2:44 pm

I love Heidi Swanson’s cook book- so many fresh recipes! And all of those cookie recipes are making me crave! I want to try the mounds ones- i love mounds.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 2:45 pm

yes! I had put it down for awhile (a year maybe!) and came back to it and it was all “new” again!

Anna @ The Guiltless Life — June 1, 2012 at 4:10 pm

I’m loving the savory recipes you’re throwing in there to mix it up a bit! All of them are fab!

The Healthy Apple — June 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm

LOVE this post; looks amazing and can’t wait to try all of these recipes.
    Have a fabulous weekend!
    xox

Heathy — June 1, 2012 at 7:54 pm

Averie your food always looks so delish – I wanna grab it right out of my computer! Love your photography. The sangria really had me! :D

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — June 1st, 2012 at 10:16 pm

You are so sweet, Heathy! Thank you! Every time I see your name, I am transported back to 2008-09 when I first start reading blogs and yours was one of my first! xo

• Heathy replied: — June 3rd, 2012 at 8:54 am

LOL, that is SO long ago! hehe. Our blogs have both come a long way since then eh?! :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — June 1, 2012 at 7:56 pm

May was an awesome month for you and us, since we get to see your creations!!! I want the cookie dough cupcakes!

Michele Sparrow — June 1, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Those coconut spice cheesecake bars look so dense and moist and satisfying! And I think I missed the post on the double chocolate chip cookie cups with ice cream! Good grief those look super awesome!! I just love the idea of making cookies in muffin tins. More cookie for the eating! They really do look great!

Btw…I made a single version of the chips and cheese chili casserole for my youngest. He loves that kind of food and the more cheese and sour cream the better. He raved! :-)

Christine (The Raw Project) — June 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

Great recipe recap, still in shock it’s already June! May was pretty low-key for me with crazy happenings at work and moving a few mountains on our garden. Looking forward to some fun summer activities.

LiztheChef — June 2, 2012 at 9:39 am

You were one busy and super productive girl last month!

Patricia @ thecastironvegan — June 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Those coconut spice cheesecake bars look fabulous. I’m not sure how I missed that recipe the first time around. The avocados also look fabulous – I remember reading that post twice!

May — June 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

I’ve been reading your blog for over a year and haven’t been commenting much so I thought I should so that I could tell you to keep up the good work. I have a vita mix now because of your wonderful recipes which make me excited to cook and make foods. Looking forward to more of your great recipes. The oatmeal microwave cake with the mashed banana is by far the most frequent thing I make!

Diana @ VeggieNextDoor — June 2, 2012 at 9:58 pm

What a great roundup! I love that you put this great recap together for us in case we missed anything :-) I definitely want to check out your cookbook reviews next!

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — June 4, 2012 at 9:08 am

The most delicious things I have been eating lately have been cooked for me, as I haven’t been doing much cooking. I bookmarked this page as there are MANY recipes here that I want to make this summer when I am off.