Here are this week’s Thursday Things:
1. If you’ve ever wanted to smell like birthday cake, blueberry, bourbon, or brownies, Demeter Fragrance has you covered.
Scents in their Top 30 scents include: Sex on the Beach, Jelly Belly Blueberry Muffin, and Cannabis Flower. You probably wouldn’t want to wear them all at once.
2. This Oxo Multi-Purpose Scraper & Chopper ($9.99). I like that it has measurements etched in so that if I really want to be precise and cut my bars 2-inches-by-2-inches, I know exactly what I will yield from an 8-by-8-inch pan and everything will be precise. I don’t own it yet but have no idea what I’m waiting for. The OCD precision-loving cook (me) must have it.
3. Rainbow Glam Wrap – Crystals meet friendship bracelet. Why my 7th grade self never thought to put crystals into the friendship bracelets I made all summer long I will never know.
4. Crystal Covered Cocktail Ring – Somehow I don’t think you’re supposed to wear the friendship bracelet and the ring together unless you want to look like you just raided your mom’s jewelry box and are five years old and playing dress-up, which sounds kind of fun actually. Skylar does it all the time.
Both the bracelet and ring are from Bauble Bar. If you’re feeling weak or don’t have your credit card locked up and 10 rooms away, don’t open that link because it would be so easy to get extremely carried away. Kris I blame you for turning me onto this site.
5. Plastic that looks like China from Pottery Barn. Set of 4 plates for $28. Or at least could pass for finer China in pictures, which is all I care about for food photography.
They are a little “busy” for food photography but sometimes a “boring” slab of chocolate can look fabulous with some busyness. I never know until I plate it up what’s going to work and what’s not. However, in all reality, it’s hard to make chocolate look bad.
6. Lots of talk of jewelry in this post. Well, it’s been a hot topic in our house this week. Skylar wants to get her ears pierced and has been asking me at least 17 times a day. My mom made me wait until my tenth birthday but there’s no way we will be holding out four and a half more years.
She’s five and going on fifteen and the thought of getting her ears pierced is all she can talk about. That and her red boots.
7. All this talk of ear piercing and my “baby” growing up makes me want to have a cold one.
8. I wish it was hot enough outside for cold ones. Unfortunately San Diego, especially near the coast where I am, is not hot this time of year. It’s maybe 72F at the warmest point of the day and when I run in the morning , it’s cool enough that I have to wear a hoodie. “Hot summer days” are just a pipe dream.
Even this day was from from hot. We were all wearing light jackets.
9. Do you like frosting? I do.
Especially peanut butter frosting
This post has links to 16 bloggers’ favorite frosting recipes. Wow.
10. I bought this Calphalon 8-by-8-inch baking pan a few months ago and can vouch for it being the best little 8-inch square pan I’ve ever had.
Heavy-weight, very durable, extremely non-stick, and I’ve been loving the results I’ve been having with it.
What are your Thursday Things? Any favorite baking tools, supplies, dishes or fragrances?
Feel free to link up anything you’ve made, done, seen, or bought that’s especially fabulous.
How old were you when you got your ears pierced? Is there a “right” age?
I was 10 and felt that was “ancient”. My friends got their ears pierced around first or second grade. For me it was the summer in between fourth and fifth grade and for years I wished I could have gotten them sooner. Skylar and I have watched some YouTube videos of piercing in the act so she would know what to expect if holes are in our future. She gets so excited and claps for every kid on the videos in the ear piercing chair who didn’t cry. It’s cute.
Ironically, I rarely wear earrings, if ever. Maybe once a year. Scott wears his earrings more than I wear mine but the little girls at her school have started getting pierced ears and it’s monkey see, monkey do.