Homemade Peanut Butter

Once you make peanut butter at home, it will be very difficult to get excited about storebought peanut butter ever again.

Not that eating peanut butter of any kind would ever be a chore because I love it so, but homemade peanut butter is a delicacy. And a nearly effortless delicacy at that.

Homemade Peanut Butter - A bag of peanuts and 5 minutes is all you need to make your own PB! Once you try homemade, you'll never be satisfied with storebought!

It’s akin to savoring a piece of high-end dark chocolate that’s rich and pure, uncomplicated by fillers, additives, or ingredients that have no place being in chocolate; and then grabbing a milk chocolate bar in the checkout line at the grocery store, which is likely a combination of tasteless, grainy, and waxy.

Apples and oranges. Store-bought peanut butter versus homemade.

Once you have something amazing, it’s hard to get excited about any less than.

That’s this peanut butter.

Sure, all peanut butter is good, and some is better than others, but this is in its own league.

It’s similar in taste to store-bought varieties of “natural” peanut butter. It tastes like real peanuts and nothing else.

At room temperature, it’s similar in consistency to a stir-free natural peanut butter, thicker than almond butter, but thinner than conventional Jif or Skippy.

I store my homemade peanut butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator and although I could keep it at room temperature, I’m sure it will keep longer being refrigerated and I prefer my peanut butter on the thicker side. Storing it in the fridge helps it to stay thicker and less runny, especially since my house is warmer now during the summer.

Honestly, there’s not that much to store. Every time I open the fridge, I see the jar staring at me.

And it calls my name.

Interestingly, my peanut butter has turned out to be “stir-free”.

It has not separated into oil and a solid mass, which is something I detest about natural peanut butters; the oil slick on top and that stubborn dry blob on the bottom that never really wants to re-accept the oil.

Find a food processor and a spoon.

This is crazy good.

The whole process takes less than 5 minutes.

Here’s a step-by-step breakdown (a literal breakdown)

16 ounce bag or jar of peanuts (use honey roasted, plain, salted, unsalted, or try a jar of mixed nuts)

Add peanuts to the canister of the food processor

No oil, no salt, just peanuts

Turn it on and watch it go

Wheeee!

There peanuts go through various stages in the approximately five minutes it takes to go from peanuts to peanut butter:

crushed peanuts

crushed into a fine powder

a paste

a thicker paste

and a big peanut butter “dough ball” will form

And then the big ball will magically break down

And turn into a gritty peanut butter

Keep processing and the peanut butter will get smoother, creamier, and thin out

No oil was ever added at any point during processing – just the natural oils from the peanuts are being released

Keep processing until you’re certain the peanut butter is smooth enough for your liking, another minute or so

I like my peanut butter very smooth, like buttah

The peanut butter is a little on the thinner and runnier side immediately post-processing because it’s warmed from the motor – similar in thickness to store-bought almond butter

After refrigeration, it thickens up a bit

As suggested in the recipe section, flavor your peanut butter with anything you want from vanilla or coffee extract

To cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice or cocoa powder

To spicy or savory, which is great for 2-minute peanut sauce (vegan, GF)

Or add some adult-version flavorings

This is your peanut butter. Get creative.

No, wait, this is my peanut butter.

And I’m not sharing.

Print Print Save Save

Homemade Peanut Butter

Once you try homemade peanut butter, you'll never want store-bought again. It comes together in mere minutes in a food processor and is better than any peanut butter you've ever tried before. Try it and you'll be hooked! Recipe is naturally gluten-free. Swap honey roasted peanuts for plain roasted peanuts to keep vegan.

Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

16 ounces honey roasted peanuts

Directions:

Add peanuts to the canister of a food processor, process on high power until creamy and smooth, about 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides of the canister if necessary.

The peanuts will go through stages of: crushed, crushed into a fine powder, a paste, a thicker paste, a big "dough ball", and then the ball will break down into runnier peanut butter. At the point the peanut butter is runny, continue processing for about 1 more minute, making sure the peanut butter is as smooth as desired.

If it wasn't for taking pictures, in my food processor, it takes about 4 minutes and I did not need to scrape down the sides; there was very little splatter.

Store the peanut butter at room temperature where it will keep for at least 2 weeks, or store in an airtight container or jar in the refrigerator, where it keeps for many weeks, and I've stored it for months. As with any food that has no preservatives, use common sense.

Substitutions and Flavoring Suggestions

Substitute dry roasted, salted, or unsalted peanuts, mixed nuts, seasoned, or spicy nuts; I do not suggest raw nuts because they don't have enough flavor depth for me but theoretically they will "work", just a matter of taste preference.

Salt, to taste (I added none)

Peanut oil, canola oil, and I have also seen olive oil suggested, optional and only if necessary (I added none and although the paste is thick in the early to mid stages of blending causing one to ponder if oil is necessary, once you get past that stage, you'll be glad to have not added oil because the finished peanut butter is already on the thinner side and the robust peanut flavor is not diluted by oil)

Seasonings or flavorings to try and add in the final moments of processing and process until incorporated: cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, cardamom, brown sugar, vanilla extract, coffee extract, specialty oils and extracts from LorAnn, a pinch of cayenne or chili powder or savory spices, cocoa powder, chocolate/white chocolate/butterscotch/peanut butter chips and just pulse to incorporate; a handful of peanuts just pulsed to incorporate at the very end of processing to create a chunky-textured peanut butter. Add egg-less cookie dough chunks, dried fruits like raisins or dates; a splash of Baileys Irish Cream, Kahlua, Frangelico, Chambord, Godiva Liqueur; have fun with it.

If you're unsure how a flavoring will turn out, I suggest removing half the peanut butter or two-thirds of it, placing it in another container, and flavor a smaller portion, to taste, before flavoring the entire batch with one particular seasoning or flavor. Or get two or three flavors from one recipe based on how inspired you are.

Make sure to also check out

Honey Roasted Butterscotch White Chocolate Peanut Butter (GF)

Homemade Cookie Butter Peanut Butter (vegan, GF)

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter (vegan, GF)

Related Recipes

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter – (vegan, GF) -  Easy and make in 10 minutes. NO added sugar or oil. Very chocolaty & great for curing bad days!

Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter in 10 Minutes (Vegan, GF) averiecooks.com

Homemade Cookie Butter Peanut Butter (vegan, GF options) – A homemade spin on Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread, made by blending peanuts with gingersnap cookies and cinnamon, which gives the spread a slightly gritty texture, similar to storebought

Homemade Cookie Butter Peanut Butter @Averie Sunshine {Averie Cooks}

Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter (vegan, GF)

Peanut Noodles with Mixed Vegetables and Peanut Sauce (vegan, GF, soy-free) – The peanut sauce comes together in two minutes and the whole thing is a 5 minute meal

Here are 35 Recipes for National Peanut Day that all use peanut butter

Here are approximately 50 Peanut Butter recipes I’ve made and posted about over the years

Here are 20 peanut butter recipes for National Peanut Butter Day

Here’s an Peanut Butter Brand Comparison

I wrote a cookbook about peanut butter, 100 recipes that all contain peanut butter – My Cookbook: Peanut Butter Comfort

Included are 25+ recipes for homemade peanut butter variations

Peanut Butter Comfort: Recipes for Breakfasts, Brownies, Cakes, Cookies, Candies, and Frozen Treats Featuring America's Favorite Spread

Thanks to everyone who’s told me you’ve preordeded the book!

Have you ever made your own nut butter?

Recipe links welcome and I would love to hear your method and results.

Do you have a favorite peanut butter?

I love peanut butter in all ways, shapes, and sizes. I especially like honey-roasted peanut butter because it’s naturally sweeter. For baking and cooking, I typically use Jif Creamy. For baking, especially cookies, I plan to stick with store-bought peanut butter  because cookies are temperamental. Given that homemade peanut butter is thinner than store-bought, and because I don’t like flat cookies, I use the conventional.

For bars or other desserts that call for peanut butter with a recipe, sure, homemade would be lovely but honestly, the taste is going to be masked from a combination of butter, sugar, flour, eggs, and then it’s baked, which is the main reason I bake with whatever peanut butter is on sale. I save the fancy peanut butters for when I can really focus on every pure, unadulterated, peanut butter bite and not “waste” a high end peanut butter inside a recipe.

508 Responses to “Homemade Peanut Butter”

Karly — July 3, 2012 at 6:17 pm

I loooooove homemade peanut butter so much. I never thought about mixing in other goodies though. Genius!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 3rd, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Adult-themed. And after your camera bag snafoo, you need it! :)

Mary Pat — July 3, 2012 at 6:20 pm

I hate to rain on the parade but I checked the nutrition information of the TJ Honey Roasted Peanuts against the that of Jif Peanut butter and while I wasn’t able to see the ingredients in the peanuts, the sugar and salt content (gram for gram) is actually higher than Jif when you use these peanuts. However, you could do the exact same thing with naked peanuts for a better nutrition value.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 3rd, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Thanks for the info…I am judging this purely by taste…but it blows any other PB I’ve ever had out of the water! There’s no way anyone could rain on the parade.

And as you said, one can always use plain peanuts but honestly, if I am going to eat PB by the spoonful or savor it on something, I want what I want and would rather cut back on something else than cut corners on the taste of my peanut butter. I am passionate about it :)

Brianne @ Cupcakes & Kale Chips — July 3, 2012 at 6:52 pm

So funny – I posted homemade peanut butter today!! http://cupcakesandkalechips.com/2012/07/03/honey-and-sea-salt-peanut-butter/

The Newlywed Chefs — July 3, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Oh. My. Goodness! This is so easy! I was just wondering how to make homemade peanut butter. Your website is wonderful and we will be back soon!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — July 3, 2012 at 7:15 pm

love love love this!! Happy 4th!

Gena — July 3, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Ha! As I was reading this post, your comment popped up on mine.

Anyway, this is a fantastic tutorial. I had a steep learning curve with homemade nut butters myself, and I wish I’d known sooner that patience is truly the key. Thanks for making it all so incredibly clear for your readers! And happy 4th back to you, Averie.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 3rd, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Patience and not being scared of that dough blob ball thing that forms…just get past that, and you’re golden. And I know you have a Vita, too, but this is one situation where a food proc is just unbeatable!

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — July 3, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Making peanut butter is my favorite thing to make!! Trader JOe’s honey roasted nuts are the best to use!! Love your creativity with the Baileys!!

Jess — July 3, 2012 at 8:35 pm

Wow looks delicious! I would probably eat it all in one sitting! :)

Stephanie @ The Fitness Adventures — July 3, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I love any kind of nut butter! I never knew how easy it was to make. I think my food processor will be put to good use when it’s time to replenish my current nut butter stock.

Heathy — July 3, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I adore nut butter. Any kind. In any form – in a dessert, or straight outta the jar, on dates or banana, or apple, or celery! :) I like to make my own nut butter too and actually I have a bag of plain peanuts waiting for me to make nut butter. Thanks for the reminder! Will hopefully get to it soon. Delicious as always Averie!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 3rd, 2012 at 10:20 pm

You always have the best looking nut butters and combinations, too!

Meghan @ After the Ivy League — July 3, 2012 at 10:26 pm

Posts like this remind my how incredible food really is, especially when you prepare them properly. It’s crazy that a food processor turns peanuts into peanut butter with no other ingredient! Literally amazes me lol.

Keith Gooderham — July 3, 2012 at 10:32 pm

A very impressive blog, the step by step photos are not only helpfull but photographically they are excellent. I bet the peanut butter tatses very special too!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 12:10 am

thanks for saying that, Keith. Looks like you’re a photographer so that means a lot coming from you!

Peggy — July 3, 2012 at 11:13 pm

This is so funny! I just picked through and ate all the cashews, pistachios, almonds out of the Planter’s mixed nuts can and left the peanuts. Said to myself “I’m goinna try making peanut butter from this!’ And now your post appeared. Now I can do it with confidence! :-)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 12:10 am

that’s crazy!! LMK if you end up making it!

• Peggy replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 10:28 am

I just tried it. Wow – it was so neat watching it morph through the stages! I’m so happy. It’s rich and flavorful.. mm. Thank you for sharing!! I’m going to try your peanut sauce & wrap recipe with this. Woohoo! And for the ladies/gents who had concerns about their food processor – I used the Smart Duet Cuisinart…it did warm up a bit, but I gave it small rests :-)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Glad you had success — both with the recipe, the stages, and your own food processor. Thanks for writing to tell me you made it! LMK how the peanut sauce & wraps pan out if you make those!

Kristi — July 3, 2012 at 11:46 pm

YUM!!!

luv what you do — July 4, 2012 at 3:55 am

I love making my own nut butters! I just pour myself a glass of wine and let the food processor do the work :)
    This mint chocolate almond butter was incredible…

And if you’ve never tried white chocolate PB, you HAVE to try this recipe!

That reminds me that I haven’t made any nut butters in awhile. I must do that this weekend!
    Happy 4th! Enjoy a relaxing day!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 9:55 am

I’ve seen that white choc recipe before on your site – yum!

Nicole — July 4, 2012 at 5:52 am

Totally makes me regret having bought a jar of natural pb at the store yesterday.
    Last week I made hazelnut, cinnamon, flax seed butter. It was amazing! Just added it all to the food processor and Voila!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 9:54 am

Mmmm, sort of like a cinnamon Nutella rather than chocolate…sounds great!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — July 4, 2012 at 8:39 am

Gorgeous! I love the addition of cinnamon and Bailey’s :) I made peanut butter before and roasted the peanuts on a sheet to get them more fragrant and to release their natural oils. Pure perfection! I’ve heared that Spanish peanuts make for even better peanut butter!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 4th, 2012 at 9:54 am

I’ve read that the final PB is impacted by the type of oil/nut used, and also by roasting for full flavor intensity. I be they’d be great.

Suzanne — July 4, 2012 at 8:55 am

I wonder if I can make peanut butter in my Ninja?

Anya — July 4, 2012 at 6:44 pm

WOW. That’s the first word that cross my mind when I see this homemade peanut butter. It looks amazing! I like the thick paste more than the thin paste, I don’t know why, maybe because the first peanut butter I try was a thick paste. I MUST TRY THIS!!!! Thanks for sharing (; By the way, I like your name.

Mindy — July 5, 2012 at 8:56 am

Love it! I make mine with lightly salted, roasted peanuts and a little honey. Scrumdiliumptious!

Emily — July 5, 2012 at 1:13 pm

I’ve been making nut butter at home for a while now but I LOVE the idea of making an Adults Only nut butter!

I don’t mean to sound critical but if you’re trying to make salt & oil free butter, honey roasted is NOT the way to go. (It’s totally delicious I’m sure – but those packaged nuts can have all kinds of nasty stuff you don’t want. Check the label!) Unless your nuts are “Dry Roast” there’s been extra oil added to them.

If you have the option I strongly suggest buying your nuts at a bulk store. My local “Scoop n Weigh” lets me refill my own containers so there’s almost no garbage/plastic involved at all.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 5th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Yes I realize that about the nuts…what I meant to say was there is no *added oil* to the machine while processing the peanuts and no *added salt*. You dump them in and press start.

Yes they have oil and salt added in the manufacturing process; but I didn’t add any more. That’s all I was trying to say. I am by no means trying to create and oil-free or salt-free or sugar-free nut butter; I just didn’t dump in more of them as I had seen in many other posts on the internet where they streamed in 1/4 cup oil to 1 cup peanut butter type thing.

Daniel — July 5, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Will this also work with a ninja or similar “cheaper” processor???

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 5th, 2012 at 2:23 pm

You won’t know til you try! My guess is yes, but just blend very well.

Diana — July 5, 2012 at 5:23 pm

I have an off the wall question just how long would peanut last on the shelf once you made up your own and canned it.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 5th, 2012 at 5:27 pm

I addressed storage within the recipe section within the post. I gave my thoughts on it there so just re-read what I wrote.

Victoria — July 6, 2012 at 12:55 am

great tips but cannot see photos

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 6th, 2012 at 1:05 am

maybe try refreshing your browser? They are showing up for me in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Sorry you can’t see them!

Sarah Carr — July 6, 2012 at 4:15 am

Do you need to use roasted peanuts or can you use raw? Thanks!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 6th, 2012 at 8:59 am

I addressed this within the recipe section – under substitutions and flavorings.

Logan — July 6, 2012 at 7:29 am

HI.. just wondering if you need a food processor? Or if a blender that can do several different things like chop, grate, grind, blend, mix, etc.. work? Or could I use my kitchenaid stand mixer? Do you know if any of these would work? I don’t have a food processor, but would really love to try this recipe out and the 2 other products I have seem like they might be able to do it. At least the blender, if not the kitchenaid too.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 6th, 2012 at 9:01 am

you won’t know til you try but my guess is that you’ll have better success with a multi-featured blender like the one you mention rather than your KithchenAid unless you have an attachment you think would work well.

Deborah — July 6, 2012 at 7:32 am

I have wanted to make my own peanut butter. And I love the change up with the honey roasted peanuts!!

Susan — July 6, 2012 at 8:24 am

I love peanut butter it’s my mid mornin protein pick me up, and since I am cutting out as much sugar as possible from my diet this is perfect can’t get anymore organic or natural then this. Can’t wait to try it.

Brandon @ Kitchen Konfidence — July 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

Looks delicious! I love making nut butters at home :)

Dani — July 9, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Tried this today – how amazing! I don’t have a food processor, only a magic bullet. It didn’t work as well & was a real pain in the butt, but it DID work & that’s all that matters. This is really, really cool. Thanks!

Jess @ Life happily ever after — July 10, 2012 at 2:50 pm

omg I just found your blog today from Pinterest and this looks amazing! I will definitely be trying this! YUM!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 10th, 2012 at 3:57 pm

thanks for saying hi and please keep me posted how it goes if you make it!

Laura Schroeder — July 11, 2012 at 2:03 pm

looks yummy, but the jar is interesting too…..what brand is it? or is it recycled? love the shape, thanks in advance

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 11th, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Got it at The Container Store years ago. Decorative-style canning jar.

Corinne — July 11, 2012 at 4:41 pm

That’s really awesome; I had no idea peanutbutter was so easy! Thanks for sharing. I’m definitely going to try. My husband’s always buying natural peanutbutter.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — July 11, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Wow. Stunning! That is a gorgeous peanut butter. And you used honey roasted? *Swoon*

Cheryl — July 11, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Our family fav has been Almond Butter. We LOVE peanut butter on just about everything, even just a spoon!!! I love your sight–followed others here from Pinterest. I’m def going to be trying some of the other P-butter recipes. I was trying to keep the butters pure & worried if we used nuts with additives we might lose some of the health benefits due to sacrificing the purity of the butter…so glad to see you’ve tried some of the other nuts & had great success. I’m going to be processing some Honey Roasted Nuts as soon as possible!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 11th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

thanks for stopping by and saying hi, Cheryl! And I hope you make some of your own and come back and tell me about it if you do :)

Emily @Sweet Bella Roos — July 12, 2012 at 6:17 am

Yumm… I lovvveeee me some peanut butter! Seriously, being pregnant I go through what feels like a jar a week haha! Would love for you to link up at my Pin It Thursday party– http://www.sweetbellaroos.com/2012/07/12/pin-it-thursday2/

Kate — July 12, 2012 at 6:49 am

This looks delicious! I am definitely going to try. I read what you said about shelf-life, but I’m wondering if this would stand up to canning (with the boiling/high heat)? Would be great to give as gifts.

Lisa — July 15, 2012 at 1:31 pm

Averie, thank you for sharing this recipe. We have started using Teddie in the last year or two but I would much prefer to make my own and never even considered doing so for some reason. Yours looks delicious and I will definitely give it a try!

• Elizabeth Whitney replied: — July 16th, 2012 at 11:12 am

This did not work for me! :( My peanuts never came out of the”ball stage” & I almost overheated my cuisinart! I now have a peanut butter ball, not spreadable at all. Wasn’t that fond of the other ingredients in the trader joe’s honey roasted…so I just used plain, unsalted roasted peanuts & a little honey. It’s almost dry, like I added powdered sugar or something. Bummed out!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 16th, 2012 at 11:31 am

Maybe try adding a little oil. It sounds like there is not enough oil if it’s dry and not coming out of the ball stage. I have no issues with that stage and it comes out within maybe 30 seconds and have had other people tell me they don’t have any issues either. It could also be your machine, hate to say.

• Kelly replied: — September 14th, 2012 at 10:07 am

I’m having the same stinkin problem. I have a Ninja Processor. I seriously think it depends on the processor you have. All I did was waste 20 oz of peanuts at this point, and now have a very unhappy food processor… Don’t think I’m gonna even try more and take a chance of burning that motor out!

Louise — July 17, 2012 at 12:40 am

Elizabeth Whitney, I think your mistake was adding the honey up front. I see your thinking, but you probably need to process the nuts to a cream first, and *then* add it.

If raw nuts are used they need to be roasted on a tray, skins and all, in the oven until they go a little darker and the nuts go a sort of pale orangey buff colour (for want of a better description).

It’s hard to give timings as it can vary. But temp wise about 175 degrees (UK).

Once roasted leave them to cool before processing as above. I made some this way yesterday, only adding a small amount of coconut oil for health benefits and flavour. I would far rather do that than use coated ones, but I have to watch what I eat as I have food sensitivities, which not everyone has to worry about.

Shan Fazelbhoy — July 23, 2012 at 6:09 am

I just made this and it’s really very yummy…thanks for sharing!

Shan Fazelbhoy — July 23, 2012 at 6:12 am

I just made this and it’s super yummy…thanks for sharing!

Jennifer Sowers — July 23, 2012 at 11:36 am

I made the PB today for the first time and it’s amazing! Will you email me, I have a few questions for you! :)

Cindi Stickle — July 23, 2012 at 12:29 pm

I was looking for homemade PB with refined sugar and this is it. Can’t wait to make it! Thanks.

Rachel R — July 24, 2012 at 6:57 am

This tutorial was so helpful with my latest recipe! Now…if only I could get my hands on a food processor that I didn’t have to hold the button down for the entire 10 minutes!

irene — July 24, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I just made my first homemade peanut butter and I nearly pass out with pleasure.

Many many thanks from Spain!! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 24th, 2012 at 2:45 pm

Hi there, all the way in Spain!

Glad you are so happy with it!! YAY!!! :)

Dede — July 26, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Oh my goodness!! I wasbjust introduced to your recipe/site from a friend of mine on Pinetrest. And yum!! Is all that comes to mind. I love PB, by the spoonfull, in my quina and my oatmeal , not to mention PB cookies :).
    Will be giving this a try , asap.
    thanks

Ellie — July 28, 2012 at 3:43 pm

How much does the homemade compare to the store bought in price? Is it cheaper to make your own? Also would using honey roasted peanuts make it sweet lik jify, or do u need to add sugar?

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 28th, 2012 at 4:20 pm

honey roasted peanuts sweeten it slightly, it’s not as sweet as storebought honey roasted peanuts

I buy my nuts at Tjs and ounce for ounce, it comes out about the same as buying storebought Jif, cheaper than buying storebought “higher end” and/or natural PBs.

Alina — August 1, 2012 at 4:39 am

That is a fantastic idea, I just love it! Thank you for sharing Averie!

Ala — August 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

I’ve just received my first ever food processor as an early birthday present, and I will definitely have to break it in with homemade peanut butter. I’ll let you know if anything goes wrong for a first-time user, i.e. I end up eating the entire jar-ful of PB in one sitting and my pants no longer fit and I have to wear my curtains to work because I can’t afford new jeans. Cookie butter next (you’ve really got me on that bandwagon)–thanks so much for this simple (and divine) recipe!

Lyn — August 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

To keep your natural, store-bought PB from separating, store it upside down. We cannot figure out why this works but it does!

I will be making this version ASAP!!