Hydrate

Keep cool in the summertime heat and make sure you stay well-hydrated.

You know, with caffeine or booze. They’re such wonderful rehydrators and replenishers.

Vanilla Iced Coffee

Sex on the Beach

Vanilla Baileys Slushie – late night photography at its finest

Make some Baileys-infused Homemade Peanut Butter while you’ve got the Baileys out

You can always round out your hydration with something a little healthier.

Or not.  And just make this as an excuse to drink your cookie butter.

Creamy Cookie Butter White Chocolate Banana Smoothie

All joking aside, this one actually serves a hydration purpose

Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie (vegan, GF)

What’s the best thing you’ve hydrated with recently?

If you have any fabulous drinks you’ve sampled or made lately, do tell and feel free to link them up.

Thanks for the Magimix by Robot-Coupe Food Processor & Juice Extractor Giveaway entries and have a great weekend!

28 Responses to “Hydrate”

katie @ KatieDid — July 7, 2012 at 3:53 am

Hydrating currently with a largeeee creamy iced coffee. And hydrated a little too well last night with wine, oh well!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 7th, 2012 at 9:41 am

That’s what you’re supposed to do as a young and single 20something on a Friday night :)

Paula — July 7, 2012 at 4:25 am

Iced coffee, teecinno, and water with flavored stevia drops are my favorite drinks to chug this summer with our high temps and drought conditions here in the Midwest.

Amelia — July 7, 2012 at 4:26 am

If we’re talking “hydration”, then definitely just good ol’ iced coffee. Also, on the fourth, my brother’s girlfriend brought over that “Frooty” UV- supposed to taste like fruit loops. That was pretty good mixed with punch and a pinch of Seagrams.

Chocolate peanut butter smoothies have also been my forte as of late. Yuuuuum.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 7th, 2012 at 9:41 am

Frooty UV – never heard of it but gosh, sounds pretty awesome and so do those smoothies!

luv what you do — July 7, 2012 at 4:37 am

I have been making sparking tea sprtizers. They are so delish and refershing during these crazy hot days. I’m working on my link now!

dragonmamma/naomi — July 7, 2012 at 5:13 am

To heck with drinking, I’ll just cut up and eat half a watermelon.

Laura Dembowski — July 7, 2012 at 5:32 am

I actually only drink water and the occasional cocktail. Looks like I’m missing out on a lot of great drinks.

Sarah — July 7, 2012 at 6:04 am

Oh, my deep deep love for iced coffee. I had two yesterday and then drank a third on the way home. But my body started revolting and decided to only finish half of a Venti. What a wuss.

Have a great weekend!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 7th, 2012 at 9:39 am

I guess by number 3 that could happen :)

Hope you guys are having another fabulous day!

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — July 7, 2012 at 6:04 am

haha, love the way you hydrate :)

vanillasugarblog — July 7, 2012 at 6:11 am

What a great idea using the cookie butter in a shake!
    LOL

I love that.
    On my way to do clients and grab me a nice giant breve latte from starbucks!!
    going to be 90 here with 80% humidity. UGH

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 7th, 2012 at 9:38 am

62F here and major coastal marine layer….could be tailgating weather actually! I’m sure you remember these days. Stay cool!

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — July 7, 2012 at 6:11 am

oh my gosh — bailey’s infused peanut butter?!? GENIUS!! i’ll definitely give this a try — yum yum yum!

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free — July 7, 2012 at 6:35 am

I’ve been loving strawberry-lemon smoothies lately….also frozen like popsicles! Mmmm

Erin Motz — July 7, 2012 at 8:06 am

I’m so disappointed because I just finished off my regular hot coffee! It’s almost 100* here in FL so a little ice and vanilla in that would have been totally perfect ;) I’ll put this one on the back burner and whip it up tomorrow morning for a little iced latte outside with the greenery :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — July 7th, 2012 at 9:37 am

Wow it’s hot there! It’s like 62F and overcast right now and I’m about to go for a run.

Christine (The Raw Project) — July 7, 2012 at 8:15 am

Great inspiration for hydration, thanks! Watermelon and watermelon cocktails are my favorite way to hydrate over the summer. :-)

Sue/the view from great island — July 7, 2012 at 9:11 am

My favorite way to hydrate…;)

Amber K — July 7, 2012 at 11:22 am

Just water for me lately. You know, in between my adult drinks ;)

Ellen — July 7, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Ohhhh Bailey’s! You get me with that every time I see it.
    My best drink invention of late was my secret-ingredient take on the Cosmo:
    I am getting Campari obsessed.

Sara — July 7, 2012 at 11:34 pm

Vanilla Bailleys Slushie?? Woah. If you ever visit NZ, please come see me. We could have so much fun. :D

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — July 8, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Beer … ;-) obviously! Hehehe.

Jenn — July 8, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Best posting I’ve seen in ages…Coming from a tennis player in the desert-You made me more thirsty!

Leonor@FoodFaithFitness — July 9, 2012 at 6:12 am

I’ve never thought of using coffee as “ice cubes”. Great idea!