Here are this week’s Thursday Things:
It’s the seventh book in a series of Trader Joe’s cookbooks and considering I love Trader Joe’s, this was a perfect fit for me.
My amazingly talented friend, Marla Meridith, did the photography for the book and it’s just stunning.
Kelly, Marla, and everyone who worked on the book did a stellar job with an extremely fast, aggressive, and tight timeframe to get this baby from concept to store shelves in months, which is unheard of in the publishing industry.
I’ll keep you updated with more details as the release date approaches. I’m so excited about it!
3. Fill it up with Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria
4. Blueberry Slump – I’d hardly call this a “slump” – blueberries, dough, and vanilla ice cream doesn’t sound like a slump.
I’ve never heard of a slump, which is defined as: A sticky biscuit dough is dropped onto blueberries in this classic New England dessert, which is called a “slump,” “grunt,” or “cobbler,” depending on who you’re asking.
5. I love NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia
It’s a must have in coffee.
6. My order from iHerb.com just arrived and I’m restocked now on life’s little essentials.
Enter code AVE630 to save $5 on your order
I love that site. A little too much.
7. Oh the fun I could have with 5 pounds of Scharffen Berger 99% Cacao Unsweetened Baking Chocolate
I’m thinking Oreo Cookie-Stuffed Brownies for starters.
I use melted baking chocolate as opposed to dry cocoa powder for brownie baking because I think the resulting brownies are richer, moister, and just better.
All my brownie recipes are start out by melting chocolate in the microwave
Stirring ingredients by hand in one bowl
Pouring into the pan
As easy as a boxed mix, really.
I could have a field day on the entire Bake It Pretty site
9. Paisley Cupcake liners – so fun and vibrant
If they don’t bleed, run, or fade, that would be amazing.
In order to appear fade-free, I double up the liners for photography because the liners I actually bake muffins or cupcakes in tend to fade quite dramatically.
Case in point Cheddar Cheese and Olive Oil Savory Muffins – had to double them up
10. Thanks for the giveaway entries (there’s 2 going on)
What are your Thursday Things?
If you’ve made anything, done, seen, or bought anything fabulous, feel free to link it up in the comments.
If you’ve read any new cookbooks, bought fade-free muffin liners, have a favorite chocolate, or any fun or handy baking products, I’m all ears.