When it’s hot outside and I start sweating just washing dishes in a hot kitchen, or when I come in after a long hot run, I can guzzle Gatorade like nobody’s business.
When water or even coconut water sounds a little blah, an ice cold orange or lemon-lime Gatorade always sounds fabulous.
I love the stuff and if you don’t, that’s okay. More for me.
After a recent trip to a local grocery store where Gatorade is only sold in 20-ounce bottles in the refrigerated case, I noticed that my receipt had multiple line item charges of 35 Aruban Florins for Cold Charge, about the equivalent of 20 cents per bottle.
I would have bought it warm and refrigerated it myself, or bought one big bottle, but they didn’t sell it warm or in a large size.
So Cold Charge it was.
Here are a few of my favorite cold drinks, no Cold Charge necessary:
Coconut Water Sports Drink – aka, Homemade Gatorade (vegan , GF) – Combining coconut water with a squirt of lemon or lime, a pinch of salt, and stirring is a natural option to Gatorade
Blueberry Banana Recovery Smoothie (vegan, GF)
Coconut Cream Pie Smoothie (vegan, GF)
Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF)
Vanilla Avocado Banana Smoothie In a Bowl (vegan, GF)
Homemade Horchata (Vegan, GF, Soy-Free) – so creamy and delicious
Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake – I don’t drink this after I get done working out but every now and then a cold one like this just hits the spot
And because it’s one of the last weekends of summer, I think a cold pitcher of this is in order.
Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria (vegan, GF)
Do you like Gatorade?
In San Diego, I rarely buy it because it’s too easy to reach for I really would prefer to drink water most of the time.
Here in Aruba though, Gatorade is perfect and I stick with the original flavors and formulation. There are so many new formulations and flavors on the market now but I grew up with athletic coaches beating me into submission and the only thing that got me through many high school sports practices were the mental games I’d play with myself, knowing my beloved orange Gatorade was just around the corner.
What beverages refresh you like no other?
99 percent of the time I drink water (okay, 90 percent of the time it’s water and the other 10 percent is coffee) but sometimes I need to spruce things up a bit. Coconut water is also great.
Thanks for the Capresso 12-Cup Stainless Steel Coffee Maker Giveaway entries & have a great weekend!