Greetings from Aruba

Just popping in to say hi from Aruba.

We made it after a long travel day from California, about 22 hours door-to-door, and Skylar traveled like a champ.

We went to the grocery store, stocked up on the essentials, including fresh produce and enough butter and sugar to get into some serious baking trouble fun.

I cleaned up the house because after 6 months of non-use it needed it.

And then got into a baking project that kind of reminds me of these. Family’s gotta eat, right?

Then we hit the beach.

Don’t you just want to dive in?

We’re off for a sunset walk now.

Thanks for the Bella Bars Giveaway entries

What was the best part of your day?

53 Responses to “Greetings from Aruba”

1. JaimeFNP — August 1, 2012 at 3:45 pm (#

best part of my day was getting a brand new car. yays! but more importantly, I hope you have a wonderful vacation! xo
    ~ Jaime

2. Cassie — August 1, 2012 at 3:49 pm (#

I so wish I was there. But instead I’ll live vicariously through you! Have a blast!!

3. Heather (Where's the Beach) — August 1, 2012 at 3:52 pm (#

Beautiful! Enjoy enjoy enjoy

4. Marina@ Picnic at Marina — August 1, 2012 at 4:28 pm (#

Oh yes, I want to dive in those pretty blue waters… :) I need to buy some cave there too!
    The best part of my day today? Hearing from you, dear friend! :)
    I also baked (I can’t believe I am saying it) two pies: apple pie from the apples I picked today, and two cheese pie (you know I need something savory!)
    Have a wonderful time! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 1, 2012 at 6:13 pm (#

Love that you baked and are baking more! And a pie from freshly picked apples? Now THAT is something awesome!! :)

• Marina@ Picnic at Marina — August 1, 2012 at 7:57 pm (#

WAS awesome, we ate it on the spot! :)

5. Laura (Tutti Dolci) — August 1, 2012 at 4:47 pm (#

So gorgeous, I’d love to be on the beach right now. Have a great trip!

6. Neiko @ The Fitness Foxx — August 1, 2012 at 4:57 pm (#

Why am I so Jelly that you have a house in Aruba Averie!! Looks absolutely beautiful!! I hope one day I will be able to visit Aruba!!!

7. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — August 1, 2012 at 5:17 pm (#

Gorgeous!! Have a fun time in Aruba, my gorgeous friend!

8. vanillasugarblog — August 1, 2012 at 5:23 pm (#

oh girl i am so jealous right now.
    aruba is so darn gorgeous
    it’s the perfect place for sun worshippers like myself (and you)
    have a great time
    AND please take lots of photos for me?
    email me some of the beach will you?
    xoxo!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 1, 2012 at 6:12 pm (#

I wish you were here with me and yes, plan to see lots of beach pics coming up the next month! xoxo

9. bakerbynature — August 1, 2012 at 6:12 pm (#

Best part of my day…? Does daydreaming I’m there in Aruba too, count?

Looks ahhhhh-mazing!

10. Anna — August 1, 2012 at 6:12 pm (#

These photos are so beautiful! I love the vibrant colors

11. katie @ KatieDid — August 1, 2012 at 6:29 pm (#

Seeing my brother after 3 months of army boot camp today… seeing him graduate tomorrow :)

12. Paula — August 1, 2012 at 6:30 pm (#

I admire your ambition to grocery shop, cook and clean after a long night of travel, but it’s probably nice to get all settled. Looks beautiful there!! The best part of my day was getting done with work a little early which allowed me a little extra kitchen time. I got a bunch of tomatoes from my parents garden last weekend so raw veggie soup and some marinara sauce were on the agenda tonight.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 1, 2012 at 6:55 pm (#

I can’t even think straight til everything is in order. I am just that way :) Same with moving or anything – I just need to get it all done. THEN, I can relax :)

13. Michele Sparrow — August 1, 2012 at 7:19 pm (#

Your house looks so cozy and your beach looks cozy, too! :-)

Have a beautiful and relaxing vacation with your beautiful family!! xo

14. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — August 1, 2012 at 7:23 pm (#

THe pictures are absolutely lovely! I’m so totally jealous! I stayed home (work forced me to not come in since I’m sick) so I napped the entire day! Now I’m off to making dinner :)

15. Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — August 1, 2012 at 7:50 pm (#

breath taking! simply stunning! i hope you have a wonderful and relaxing trip!

16. Deborah — August 1, 2012 at 8:04 pm (#

Yes, I do want to jump in!!

17. Katie — August 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm (#

Don’t I want to dive in? Um, YES!!!

Baking before hitting the beach?!? Impressive. Single girls don’t do that. ;)

18. luv what you do — August 1, 2012 at 8:37 pm (#

Glad you made it safely!!!
    The best part of my day was relaxing on the couch with some of your white chocoalte puppy chow and watching a movie with the boy!

19. j3nn — August 2, 2012 at 12:24 am (#

Those views are breathtaking! I’d love to be on a boat right now… sailing the world away!

20. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — August 2, 2012 at 3:52 am (#

So stinkin jealous. I want to be there!

21. Nancy — August 2, 2012 at 5:12 am (#

So jealous!! I was fortunate to spend a week in Aruba in January!!! Absolutely loved it!! And no the pics do not do it justice. Enjoy!!

22. sally @ sallys baking addiction — August 2, 2012 at 6:55 am (#

Hope you are getting used to east coast time, Averie!! A sunset walk… sounds incredible to me right now. Today, it’s sweltering in Baltimore. I need an ocean breeze! And OMG I can’t wait to see that recipe you hinted at. Anything similar to those danish squares has me giddy. I love those things. I have to make them with my crescent dough sitting in my fridge!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks — August 2, 2012 at 7:11 am (#

you’re going to die – so good and easy! But in the meantime, best use ever of a crescent roll tube is that danish! Stay cool in the heat. It’s 90F here but it’s not “that” bad b/c kid you not, Aruba has a 25mph+ wind “light breeze” at all times!

23. Laura Dembowski — August 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm (#

Your pictures are just beautiful. I can’t wait to see more of Aruba and the fantastic things you make while there!

24. val — August 2, 2012 at 4:25 pm (#

Looks magical.

25. Britt @Better Living XoXo — August 2, 2012 at 7:31 pm (#

Omg, that beach looks soo gorgeous! I wanna go! :(

26. Meagan @ Scarletta Bakes — August 3, 2012 at 2:40 pm (#

Woah – that’s a loooong trip. Hope you’re having fun – I can’t get over that crystal clear water!!

27. Danielle — August 3, 2012 at 5:10 pm (#

Wow, you are a trooper to be able to clean the house after such a long trip!! I would just need to lie on the sand doing nothing for 48 hours after such a long journey. :)