25 National White Chocolate Day Recipes

September 23 is National White Chocolate Day. I know white chocolate isn’t technically considered chocolate but I consider it to be technically delicious.

It’s one of my favorite ingredients to use in baking and I try to incorporate into anything I possibly can. Here are 25 of my favorite White Chocolate Recipes:

Donuts and Cupcakes

1. Baked Peach and Nectarine Donuts with White Chocolate Drizzle and Sprinkles

2. 3 Musketeers-Stuffed White Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting

Cookies

3. Mango and White Chocolate Cookies

4. Apricot Butterscotch White Chocolate Peanut Butter-Filled Sandwich Cookies

5. Pina Colada White Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

6. White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Cookies

7. Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups and Ice Cream

8. Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Chip Cookies – Tied with this cookie as my favorite cookie recipe on my blog

Bars

9. Coconut White Chocolate Chip Blondies with Semi-Sweet Chocolate Drizzle – Almost fudgy they are so dense and rich

10. Magic Eight Bars

11. White Chocolate Vanilla Marshmallow Cake Bars – One of my favorite desserts on my blog and made my Top 5 Desserts for 2011

12. Cookie Butter Funfetti Triple Chip Bars

13. White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars

14. Peanut Butter Cocoa Krispies Smores Bars

15. Double Chocolate Caramel Corn & Cocoa Rice Krispies Candy Bars

16. Malibu Rum Fruit Loops Treats

17. Caramel Apple Bars

18. Marshmallow Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Pillowtop Bars – Made my Top 5 Desserts of 2011 List

Fudge

19. White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge

20. White Chocolate Peanut, Pretzel, & Chocolate Chip Fudge

Snacks

21. White Chocolate Vanilla Peanut Butter Puppy Chow (GF)

22. Chocolate-Filled White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

23. Vanilla Cake Batter and White Chocolate Chip Caramel Corn

Smoothies

24. Banana Cream Pudding Pie Smoothie

25. Creamy Cookie Butter White Chocolate Banana Smoothie

Do you like white chocolate?

Clearly, I love it. It’s sweet and creamy, and it adds a certain depth of flavor to baked goods that I adore. It tends to be one of those ingredients that when people like it, they really like it, and that’s how I feel about it.

With each of the recipes I featured, I wish I could go back in time and have a bite of all of them, again, right now because they all bring back great memories.

I have another White Chocolate Recipes compilation post with additional white chocolate recipes I didn’t feature here.

If you have any great white chocolate recipes, feel free to link them up.

Have a great weekend and my next post is a very special one. Stay tuned!

47 Responses to “25 National White Chocolate Day Recipes”

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — September 22, 2012 at 11:47 am

Goodness, I looove white chocolate! Yum!

Paula — September 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I adore white chocolate too! Just made an individual “crockpot cheesecake” w/ white chocolate chips (a container of vanilla Greek yogurt, a little PB, the chips, and 1/2 of a beaten egg–spray a ramekin and put about 1/2 inch of water in the crock pot and put it in there on high for about an hour or until set, then chill it–so easy). The crock pot makes a nice water bath and I didn’t have to turn on my oven. The vegetable lasagna was delicious and I can really see using the crust as a base for lots of different things–my husband suggested it as a pizza crust which sounds good to me too. I lucked out and got 2 more vanilla beans 1/2 price so I’m giving the vanilla a few more weeks!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Wow that is such a good idea with the water bath and not having to turn on your oven AND The recipe itself sounds delish! Wow!

Glad you tried the veggie lasagna and yes that crust is super versatile. You could smear refried beans on it and a jar of salsa and top it with like cilantro after it’s baked to add pizza sauce and pepperoni and go the pizza route. I think I just gave myself some ideas :)

And the vanilla beans at 1/2 off…LOVE That. LMK if you think that will make the difference, going from 2 to 4 beans. I think it will!

Sue/the view from great island — September 22, 2012 at 12:34 pm

No—not those White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars again!! You are the devil, those are haunting me and I have to make them today. Great lineup, I love white chocolate too.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Those things are good – you kinda made me want to make them again. However, I am still super intrigued by your buckwheat CCC’s and that plum sauce/plum jam. Open a store! I’ll be your best customer!

Sylvie @ GourmandeintheKitchen — September 22, 2012 at 1:09 pm

I’m a fan of chocolate in any form I can get it! :-)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — September 22, 2012 at 1:27 pm

White chocolate is TOTALLY your thing Miss Averie! I, too, am a total white chocoholic. Like, seriously love it much more than reg. chocolate. (even though i have a lot of chocolate recipes in store coming soon lol!!) It’s so versatile and I feel like it goes well with EVERYTHING. Plus, sprinkles look prettier on white chocolate anyway, right!?

White chocolate with bananas, peanut butter, caramel, pretzels, apples… I love it all. Is there a white chocolate coffee? Because I’m pretty sure you should be drinking that. And send me some when you find it :) Hope you’re having an awesome weekend girl!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Actually Godiva makes a white choc coffee! I dont know if it’s seasonal around xmas or if it’s year round (I typically cannot afford Godiva coffee!) but I’ve had it in the past & it’s delish. But there are so many white choc coffee creamers on the market that are pretty much as good as actually brewing the coffee. Plus you don’t make your coffee pot taste like flavored coffee for the 17 pots :)

Caralyn @ glutenfreehappytummy — September 22, 2012 at 2:03 pm

i love EVERYTHING white chocolate – your recipes look incredible!

Liz (formerly VeggieGirl) — September 22, 2012 at 2:44 pm

White chocolate is so underrated. I LOVE IT.

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — September 22, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I LOVE white chocolate! It has it’s own place in my chocoholic heart :) Your collection of recipes makes want to grab a bar right now!

Erica — September 22, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I’ve had those chocolate chip cookie cups on my to make list forever- about time I get around to it!!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — September 22, 2012 at 4:14 pm

Gosh, is there anything you can’t bake or make?! Everything looks DELICIOUS and I am totally dying for some white chocolate now!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Anything I can’t make or bake? Yes, eggplant. Give me one, and I’ll show you some rubber :) I can never get it to turn out anything but rubbery. lol

Kristi — September 22, 2012 at 5:01 pm

I LOVE white chocolate and these recipes all make me want to dive head first into a bag of white chocolate chips! Thanks for sharing :)

Ellen — September 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Technically delicious. Ha. I am not a huge fan of white chocolate although it has it’s uses-I had a macadamia and white chocolate clif mojo bar recently that was fantastic.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 7:20 pm

I dont think Ive ever had that mojo bar, but I love just the original Clif bars (not mojo, not salty ‘n sweet, just their ‘original’ one) and the blueberry flavor is amazing. Sure, choc & pb and cookie dough this and that is good, but the blueberry is so good. I mean, I love those thing!

luvwhatyoudo — September 22, 2012 at 6:42 pm

That cookies and cream fudge looks great. I have been on a bit of a fudge kick lately. I just tried the white choclate candy cane M&M’s. They are interesting with many baking possibilities!

Michele Sparrow — September 22, 2012 at 6:51 pm

Do I love white chocolate? Is that a trick question? ;-)

I LOVE white chocolate…and you know which of yours is my fav! :-)

I would love to see your version of this (without nuts, more chocolate, etc.!):

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — September 22, 2012 at 7:25 pm

My goodness Averie. I have no idea why, but I have the hugest white chocolate craving now…

Vita @ Juicer Depot — September 22, 2012 at 8:35 pm

25 delicious looks treats. If I had to pick which one I would eat first I would pick double chocolate chips cookie cups and ice cream.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 10:15 pm

And I almost didn’t include that one b/c summer is kinda over but I guess ice cream and cookies know no seasons :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — September 22, 2012 at 8:40 pm

25 white chocolate recipes?! The boyfriend is going to LOOOOOVE you. He is obsessed with anything involving white chocolate. I’ll definitely have to make all of this one by one for him and send it to him in a care package!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 22nd, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Well I think if you even made him 1 thing he owes you :)

caronae — September 22, 2012 at 10:46 pm

I actively ate white chocolate and yet somehow this post made me want it. Everything just looks so soft, buttery, and delicious.

I’ve been reading, here and there, just not commenting because I’m super busy – going back to school to become a doctor!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 23rd, 2012 at 12:14 am

well congrats!!!! thanks for reading and saying hi, whenever that is!

Jess — September 23, 2012 at 2:03 am

Love white chocolate! Your pictures are all so amazing!

gaileee — September 23, 2012 at 3:54 am

LOL! Technically Delicious! Love it!

Hmmm, I have two white chocolate *looking* recipes.
    1. Melt Almond Bark (which is white in color) onto mini pretzels. YUM.

2. Ritz Crackers. Put your favorite peanut butter between them (I knew peanut butter would get brownie points). Then again, melt up some Almond Bark (which, again, is white in color),and dip the
    Ritz Cracker/Peanut Combo into it. Let cool down on wax paper. Store in tupperware or similar airtight container. and …..ah…. enjoy

gaileee

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit — September 23, 2012 at 5:01 am

You opened up a world of white chocolate for me!

CJ at Food Stories — September 23, 2012 at 8:16 am

Happy National White Chocolate Day :-)

Laura Dembowski — September 23, 2012 at 10:12 am

I love white chocolate, perhaps mostly because it’s the only chocolate I can eat. It’s so yummy in pretty much everything. I just made something really cool with it yesterday, but that’s not going on my blog for a little while.

Tracy — September 23, 2012 at 11:17 am

I am seriously drooling after this collection of white chocolate recipes! I want to eat them all!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 23rd, 2012 at 11:48 am

I still want that sweet tater cake and honey buttercream!! you posted!

Katie @ Oh Shine On — September 23, 2012 at 11:24 am

I’m DEFINITELY bookmarking this post — So many fantastic recipes you’ve posted here and I’m totally diggin’ each one :)

Alicia Orozco — September 23, 2012 at 11:24 am

I am a white chocolate girl. I was actually allergic to dark chocolate as a kid, I have grown out of it, but I still don’t like the taste. So its all white for me!

The pictures you take of the food is amazing! I have to say I get a lot of ideas on how to place my own food for my blog from you! They are just so well done and the sweets look so delicious!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — September 23rd, 2012 at 11:47 am

Thanks for all the compliments, Alicia! And glad you’ve outgrown your allergy (but that white choc has your heart!)

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — September 23, 2012 at 2:48 pm

What a perfect day for you! I know how you like your white chocolate :-)

I like white chocolate, but don’t eat a lot of it …

Baker Street — September 24, 2012 at 12:39 am

Oh my! White chocolate day is my day! This by far is the most gorgeous round up of white chocolate recipes! I want to try each one of them.

bakerbynature — September 24, 2012 at 7:57 am

You know, before I started reading your blog I never really thought too much about white chocolate. But you’ve been one of the reasons I’ve started baking with it. And yes, it’s damn delicious.
    Also, This post just made me very very hungry.

Carolyn Jacks — September 24, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Favorite baking memory:
    I was in grade schhol and they taught a basic home ecomonics class. I worked so hs.ard to make a beautiful (in my eyes at least)apple pie. I presented it my father (who never ate sweets) as if I were giving him a nobel peace prize. He ate all of it – told me how weonderful it was and I don’t think my feet ever touched the ground. Later that night – I realized I had forgot to add the sugar and I doubled the cinnomon. That had to have been the most awful pie ever eaten but my daddy said it was wonderful. I still laugh about it today.