15 Sweet Valentine’s Day Recipes

It’s that time of year when pink and red are everywhere, along with a healthy dose of chocolate.

15 Valentine’s Day Favorites include:

Festive Cookies

1. Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft and chewy, fast, easy, and foolproof

2. Dark Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Cookies Stuffed with Chocolate Covered Strawberries – Rich dark chocolate cookies with surprises stuffed into the center

3. Cranberry and White Chocolate Chip Cookies – One of my favorite cookies on my site, they’re soft and chewy, and the flavor combo is a favorite

4. Chewy Sugar Sprinkles Cookies – Nothing says fun on Valentine’s Day than sprinkles baked right into a chewy, buttery, soft sugar cookie

5. Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups and M&Ms – So many of favorite ingredients all in one deep-dish cookie

6. Maraschino Cherry White Chocolate Cookies -Similar to #3 above and I because I love cherries, I wanted to bake them right in. The cookies are soft, sweet, and scrumptious

Bars and Pastries

7. Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars with Pink Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – I love bars because they’re so much faster, easier, and more foolproof to make than cookies and these taste like the cookies of the same name but much faster to make

8. Creamy Cherry and Lemon Bars - Almost cheesecake-like in nature and no white or brown sugar was added

9. Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars – A sweet and tangy no-bake treat that’s also salty and sweet. The crust and crumble topping are made with buttery Ritz crackers, complementing the creamy pink lemonade filling

10. Strawberry Jelly Rolls – A handy shortcut you’ll never believe helps get these on the table in 15 minutes

11.  3 Musketeers Marshmallow Candy-Stuffed White Chocolate Cupcakes with Fluffy Vanilla Buttercream – Soft, fluffy, light and perfect for buttering up your Valentine

Candy and Fudge

12. Nutella Brownie Truffle Bites (no-bake with vegan and GF options) – All the decadence of truffles, minus the work of rolling them out one-by-one. They’re made in a pan and sliced and are rich and intensely chocolaty

13. Seven Minute Microwave Caramels (no-bake, gluten-free) – The recipe sounds too good to be true but it works and produces my favorite caramels of all time. No candy thermometer required and hassle-free

14. Ritz Cracker Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (No Bake, Vegan) – Homemade cups are easy and you can fill them with what your Valentine enjoys. Try a layer of caramel, marshmallow, or jelly to go with the peanut butter

15.  White Chocolate Peanut, Pretzel, and Chocolate Chip Fudge – For those who like salty and sweet treats, as well as smooth yet crunchy, this quick and easy fudge has you covered

What are you making for your Valentine or for yourself?

Any Valentine’s plans?

My daughter’s birthday coincides with this time of year, and it’s been a sea of pink cakes, cookies, and pink party favors. Her favorite color is pink and between Valentine’s Day and her birthday, we live and breathe pink this time of year.

We have zero Valentine’s Day plans and it falls on a school night and my idea of a romantic Valentine’s evening would be putting everyone to bed early and me curling up with a mug of this in one hand and my remote control in another, and catching up on my DVR’ed Bravo shows like Top Chef, Millionaire Matchmaker, and the Real Housewives. And if I had another free hand, it would be holding a spoon that’s being dipped frequently into this.

Thanks for the $100 Gift Card and Special K Prize-Pack Giveaway entries

36 Responses to “15 Sweet Valentine’s Day Recipes”

Good — February 10, 2013 at 1:43 am

Me & my boyfriend never celebrate valentines day, we give eachother gifts and cards all the time, and I adore everything heart-shaped and red all year round! But I send parcels to my girlfriends. Mostly the single ones, or that really like valentines day, or those with shitty boyfriends Who don’t treat them so well (no I don’t tell them that) with a little gift, cookies & a card. Today is V-cards-crafting day for me!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 10:59 am

That’s so nice of you to send parcels to your GF’s, especially the ones with BFs that are less than desirable and who could use something nice & thoughtful :)

Paula — February 10, 2013 at 5:53 am

I don’t really have any specific cooking/baking plans for Valentine’s Day, but I do have a lot of crackers!!! We went out Friday evening for an early dinner and decided to consider it our Valentine’s day this year. I started on the bread when we got home and then sliced and baked it yesterday…well, most of it anyway! The bread itself is so yummy..I can eat it both ways, but the crackers are very crispy and nutty. I love the white Stilton on it–very dessert like! My other batches were done in the dehydrator..a veggie based concoction which turned out more like a tortilla chip in terms of thickness and a seed based cracker very similar to yours from 2010. I echo the patience factor you mentioned in that post when using a dehydrator!

Roxana | Roxana's Home Baking — February 10, 2013 at 6:36 am

Oh my Averie! What a delicious tempting round-up! Everything looks amazing! I’d like of of each, can’t decide upon just one!
    How sweet your daughter is born this time of the year, hope she’s getting lots of pink treats and gifts!
    Thanks for the lovely comment left on my guest post on Aimee’s blog

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Well I meant every word & thanks for this sweet comment :)

jackie @ marin mama cooks — February 10, 2013 at 7:18 am

Ok, how did I miss those strawberry jelly rolls or should I say DONUTS. Those were my favorite donuts as a kid. They look fabulous girl. Eli is up and was behind me as I opened up your post. He eyeballed those strawberry cake mix cookies and asked if I could make them. He loves cookies with frosting on them. It looks like a great valentines line-up girl.
    I’m spending the night with my 3 favorite people in the world for V day. We’re having our favorite turkey burgers and some cupcakes to cap the evening off. My DVR is loaded with episodes of the BH housewives. I have to catch up. Zoe stays up till 9:00 and I just can’t stay up any later than that to watch my “mommy” shows, so there they sit in the dvr. Happy Sunday. I hope you’re having some spring-like weather like us.
    xoxo, Jackie

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Those jelly roll donut-rolls are seriously SO FAST to make…like the whole thing is ready & done in under 30 mins. Super shortcut used! And I hope Eli gets his cookie fix taken care of :) Hope you all have a sweet VDay!

Gwen @SimplyHealthyFamily — February 10, 2013 at 9:10 am

Oh My! We are kind of slackers with V-Day lately (I blame it on the 4 kiddos ;) I will have to make at the very least those marischino cookies!

Katie — February 10, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I was hoping for a pink treats round up. I can’t believe it’s Skylar’s birthday again! Is she 6 now? Bonkers!

I never celebrated V-Day even when I did have a boyfriend. I just don’t get into the holiday. I made some of my pink beet cookies today though. It’s something, I guess. *Shrugs* My big V-Day plans are to drive to Minneapolis for my best friend’s wedding (her wedding is on Sat, but I’m driving there on Thursday). SO excited!!!

Jen @JuanitasCocina — February 10, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Okay, I’ll just take one of everything. For, errrr, research purposes.

Jolene (www.everydayfoodie.ca) — February 10, 2013 at 6:01 pm

I’m planning on making cookies for my students … if I get time. My sweetheart is taking me out for dinner and to see Diana Krall in concert on valentine’s day. Should be a wonderful night!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Diana Krall…wow, I used to listen to her music all the time. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Have a blast at the concert!!

Alison @ Ingredients, Inc. — February 10, 2013 at 6:16 pm

GREAT LIST! Happy Sunday night

Jess — February 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I love pink! Those strawberry cake mix cookies look divine!

Valerie — February 10, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Oh, I’ll take a dozen snickerdoodle cookie bars, please!

Michele Sparrow — February 10, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I just love how much Skylar loves pink! We do not have any pink lovers in our house (minus myself, of course!) and I must say it is a color I miss seeing flung around! :-)

I love so many of these recipes: I’ve actually made 4, 9 and 10 but I am drooling over 6, 7 and 11! Especially number 7. I just love your bar recipes the mostest of all!!!

Valentine’s for us is just “meh” around here and I am so glad. It is just another reason to spend loads of money on crap and I would rather just hang with my family and watch a movie after we have had our delicious dinner and yummy desserts! :-)

• Michele Sparrow replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Sorry…maybe I shouldn’t have said “crap.” Oops. :-D

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 10th, 2013 at 8:32 pm

#7 is good but they are like a blondie-meets-snickerdoodle and if I am going to have something in that genre, I would say…the Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bar knockoffs are soooo amazing. I mean #7 is fine and super fast to toss together, but for a little extra effort and same flavor family and concept, bliss bars! Maybe do a taste test :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — February 11, 2013 at 5:01 am

Awww your daughter sounds adorable! Such a fun pink time of year :P

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 11th, 2013 at 9:35 am

Thanks, Kayle. I don’t post many pics of her anymore but she’s our little pink princess :)

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — February 11, 2013 at 5:46 am

I just made strawberry cake mix cookies this weekend!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 11th, 2013 at 9:01 am

So glad to hear you made them! Thanks for the info & just got an email from my contact – your book is being shipped today!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — February 11, 2013 at 6:13 am

So many wonderful recipes on Averie Cooks for this time of year! And Happy belated to little Skylar!!! I forgot it was her birthday. She and I are both pink obsessed. :) It’s going to be one of our wedding colors!

I get happy thoughts whenever I see those Strawberry Jelly Rolls Averie. Our Valentine’s Day plans will be going out to dinner on Friday (after Vday) and drinking margaritas. Perfection!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 11th, 2013 at 9:32 am

I cannot wait to hear more about the wedding stuff! I am not surprised pink is involved :) And your Vday plans sounds perfect!!!

Annie's Simple Life — February 11, 2013 at 7:08 am

Yummy ideas! I can’t believe Valentine’s Day is Thursday! WASN’T it JUST Christmas?! Gosh.

Alyssa — February 11, 2013 at 10:56 am

That sounds like a wonderful valentine’s day! We may have a chocolate or two, but nothing special in this home either!

Laura Dembowski — February 11, 2013 at 5:30 pm

So many great treats! Hope you have a good Valentine’s Day and your daughter has a lovely birthday :)

Angela @ Another Bite Please — February 12, 2013 at 11:48 am

those pink lemonade bars are speaking to me again!
    hope your daughter has a happy happy birthday. Hubby is cooking for the family on Valentine’s Day…so I am going to love a homemade meal prepared for me. I so love Top Chef…your idea sounds perfect to me as well! I am reading Yes Chef right now…memoir by Chef Marcus Samuelsson and I know you are a fan of his from your Barbados Food & Wine festival post…SO thinking you would love the book…curl up with a cup of that and spoon of this :-)

Lori — February 13, 2013 at 6:23 am

Made the “strawberry cake” cookies for my kids and they literally went wack-o. You can’t bring home made treats to school, only store bought, so it was cute to see them strategize how to sneak them in to their classmates! Thank you!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 13th, 2013 at 8:45 am

I’m so glad you tried them! And your kids (and maybe their classmates) enjoyed them too :) Thanks for LMK you made them!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — February 13, 2013 at 3:07 pm

Oh, my stars (again)! Averie, you selected such perfect sweet treats for V-day! Immediately, I am running over to your post for Strawberry Jelly Rolls and some cookies as well as that pretzel, peanut and white chocolate fudge concoction! Girl, our taste buds and hunger pangs are nearly identical. Hubby and I are doing casual this year (hate going out on the 14th), so we’re making a total weekend of it. I enjoy cooking for him for “date-night in” on Valentine’s Day and he, in turn, enjoys taking me out after the holiday. Doing Mexican this year…enjoying Margaritas in glasses as big as our faces. WOOT!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — February 13, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Jason and I don’t even celebrate Valentine’s day but I still want to make this all for him! I’m sure he would appreciate it very much.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — February 13th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

We don’t celebrate formally anymore. A card and that’s about it…I mean a trip to Godiva and Tiffany would be nice but not realistic :)

Lynn — February 14, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Well, tonight Dad and I made a chocolate cake for Mom. It was a surprise, and she got home to a house filled with the sweet smell of cooking chocolate! She picked up some Thai on the way home for dinner, and that was it. Nothing very exciting. Welll…..the cake was a little exciting. Dad sent me to the store to find some hazelnut flour, and I brought some back…but we didn’t realize until the cake was in the oven that I hadn’t gotten hazelnut, but ALMOND flour! Luckily it still tasted wonderful. That would have been interesting, for Mom to walk in on a ruined cake -_-;