Deluxe Bulk Foods Sampler Pack Giveaway
One lucky reader will win this Deluxe Bulk Foods Sampler Pack, filled with everything needed to help create a natural pantry, including:
FACT: Organic bulk foods on average cost 89% less than their packaged counterparts. Bulk foods also prevent a significant amount of packaging from entering landfills.
FACT: Bulk goods require less overall transportation to deliver to consumers. Bulk foods do not require the packaging components that must be produced and transported prior to being filled. And the transportation of bulk product to retailers is efficient because it can be packed more densely on a truck.”
FACT: The manufacture of paper and cardboard pulls trees from our forests, dumps contaminated water into our streams and uses enormous amounts of energy resulting in grotesque levels of CO2 emissions pumped into our atmosphere.
FACT: Food packaging may limit a consumer’s ability to buy in quantities desired which can result in food surplus and ultimately waste.
FACT: Although most natural food companies sell their food products in recyclable packaging, there are still some food companies that use non-recyclable materials. And some consumers choose not to recycle which creates additional burden in our country’s landfills.
FACT: Packaging often limits a consumer’s ability to actually see the product they are buying.
FACT: In a grocery store, packaged products require more labor to ensure fresh product. Shelves must constantly be rearranged.
FACT: With bulk, product density at the store level can be significantly higher. So stores can provide a wider variety of foods in the same space.
Bulk Foods Recipe Inspiration
These 16 Recipes use ingredients commonly found in bulk bins – oats, dates, raisins, dried fruit, nuts, and seeds:
Most are Vegan and Gluten-Free
1. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Granola Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF) – Healthy bars that taste like cookies
2. Cinnamon Oatmeal Date Bars with Chocolate Chunks (no-bake, vegan, gluten-free) – Like eating cinnamon oatmeal, in bar form, covered in chocolate
3. Pumpkin Spice Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chip Granola (vegan, GF) – Never need to buy pre-made granola again. Combine the ingredients you like and make it at home, quickly, easily, and for pennies on the dollar compared to storebought
4. Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola Bars – no-bake, vegan, GF and tastes like cookies
5. Microwave Chocolate Peanut Butter and Oat Snack Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF) – Recipe makes 3 bars and is ready in less than 5 minutes
6. Sunflower Seed Butter Granola Bars with Chocolate Drizzle (no-bake, vegan, GF)
7. Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)
8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies -(no-bake, vegan, GF) – No added sugar, salt, or oil
9. Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (no-bake, vegan, GF) – One of the most popular recipes on my site since 2009
10. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF) – My favorite no-bake granola bar recipe for producing bars that taste like Quaker Chewy Bars, minus the things you don’t want, and they’re easily customizable
11. Coconut Cinnamon Sugar Roasted Almonds (vegan, GF)
12. White Chocolate & Mango Cookie Dough Bites (no-bake, GF)
13. Raw Vegan Caramels (no-bake, vegan, GF)- 3 ingredients combined to make plant-based caramels that are very authentic tasting
14. Homemade Peanut Butter (vegan, GF) – Make your own peanut butter with no added oil, sugar, salt, or additives in 5 minutes at home
15. Fruit, Seed and Nut Crackers – Healthy homemade crackers filled with dried fruit, seeds, and nuts that are better than storebought and easily customizable
16. Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter (vegan, GF) – Make in 5 minutes
Using Rafflecopter, enter to win the Giveaway by making sure to leave a blog comment below in response to the first question. Then follow the prompts for additional entries. Open to USA only.