St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

If you’re looking for last minute recipe ideas, here are some favorites:

Mint and Chocolate Fudge Oreo Bars – Nearly no-bake, easy, and the combination of rich chocolate fudge and mint is a keeper

Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – Make in less than 1 minute in a blender. You’ll wonder why you haven’t always been making it at home

Triple Layer Fudgy Mint Oreo Brownies – One of the most-pinned recipes on my site, with over 250,000 pins. People seem to like these

Homemade Thin Mints (no-bake, vegan) – Another Pinterest and reader favorite because they’re so easy, authentic, and almost too good to be true

25 Saint Patrick’s Day, Irish & Green Recipes – A compilation I put together in 2012 featuring lots of savory, potato and Irish-themed recipes

Christy’s 40 Sweet Green Treats For St. Patrick’s Day

Sommer’s Irish Apple Beer Bread

Dorothy’s 70+ St. Patrick’s Day Ideas

Bridget’s Simple Irish Soda Bread

Ashton’s Baked Chocolate Donuts with Irish Cream Ganache

Michelle’s 19 St. Patrick’s Day Recipes

Sally’s Chocolate Cupcakes with Mint Chocolate Chip Frosting

Jenny’s Green Velvet Baked Sprinkles Donuts

Jackie’s Chocolate Stout Waffles with Chocolate Stout Fudge Sauce

And thanks to The Kitchn for featuring my Homemade Baileys on their Delicious Links

Any St. Paddy’s Day Plans? Fun recipes?

If you have any fun recipes, feel free to leave links. The blogosphere and Pinterest have been exploding with them the past few weeks.

Green giveaway coming up tomorrow

Happy St. Paddy’s Day!

23 Responses to “St. Patrick’s Day Recipes”

Laura Dembowski — March 16, 2013 at 5:31 am

I had so much trouble thinking of something to post for St. Patrick’s Day. These recipes all look far more inspired than what I settled on.

Carol | a cup of mascarpone — March 16, 2013 at 6:15 am

WOW, Averie!!! This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing such a great array of beautiful recipes from yourself and so many other great bloggers! Now to decide what to make…happy weekend!!!

Paula — March 16, 2013 at 6:52 am

What a delicious looking post! I have been thinking about those mint chocolate Oreo fudge bars for days and my husband has requested Irish soda bread (I have to give Bridget’s a try–it calls for buttermilk and I’ve always used yogurt). I also have a nice head of savoy cabbage, so I guess I’ll be doing pretty well with Irish and green themed food today. Congratulations on your recipe features–we give the homemade Bailey’s a big thumbs up!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 16th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

I have a GREAT bread coming this week that if you want to hang on til Wednesday, it’s along those lines. It’s soda bread-ish but enhanced and you’re going to love it. I wish I had gotten it posted before the holiday but it will go out this week on Wed. if you wanna wait but otherwise, can’t go wrong with hers.

Glad the homemade Baileys gets a big thumbs up!

Christine (The Raw Project) — March 16, 2013 at 8:15 am

Wow, recipe overload here! Great inspiration! We’ve never been huge St. Patrick’s Day celebrators, especially since it’s a Sunday this year. Hopefully I’ll remember to wear green! :-)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 16th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Knowing you, I can see you making a green smoothie or juice, with a green sauce for some green veggies or something! :) Have a great weekend!

Christal@NutritionistInTheKitch — March 16, 2013 at 9:32 am

Yum! Those all look DELICIOUS! I have a mint chocolate green protein smoothie planned for my blog tomorrow! I also was in Ireland in September and made a delicious Healthy Irish Soda Bread to go with the post I did on our time in Ireland – here’s the link – http://www.nutritionistinthekitch.com/2012/09/22/a-taste-of-ireland-irish-soda-bread-with-smoked-salmon-tangy-horseradish-sauce/

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 16th, 2013 at 12:18 pm

What a great looking bread and a trip to Ireland doesn’t sound too bad either!

Sue/the view from great island — March 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I’d be happy with just one big bottle of that homemade Bailey’s!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — March 16, 2013 at 1:51 pm

So SOO so many options!? How does one choose? I think I’ll just take a jug or two of Bailey’s ;)

Jen L | Tartine and Apron Strings — March 16, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I think I just ate a million calories through my computer screen and it all went straight to my hips! BUt who cares? It’s St. Patty’s Day! It’s a good excuse to indulge in things sweet AND savoury AND green! Happy St. Patty’s Day! Hope you have a good one!

Tieghan — March 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

WOW! So many options! I love them all! I made some Chocolate Irish Cream Donuts that are so amazing!! For some reason I am really feeling the donuts and ice creams!!

Jackie — March 16, 2013 at 7:24 pm

Thanks for the link!! I love this round up, it’s fabulous :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — March 16th, 2013 at 10:08 pm

You’re welcome and thanks for the marble link. I bought the board and pin. For what it is, it was so cheap & such a value I couldn’t pass it up! :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — March 16, 2013 at 7:54 pm

Everything looks so good, wish I was going to a party that served all of these goodies!

Marta @ What should I eat for breakfast today — March 17, 2013 at 1:02 am

Right now I really regret that I don’t have my kitchen around during this year St Patricks day.

Liz — March 17, 2013 at 4:22 am

Whoa, what an incredible bunch of St. Patty’s Day recipes…I should have waited till after breakfast to view them all. Now I want your Oreo fudge bars instead of toast :) Off to find something green to wear to yoga this AM….

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — March 17, 2013 at 5:43 am

Those mint oreo brownies look incredible!!!! Holy cow!!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — March 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

SOOO many amazing recipes Averie! Thank you so much for linking up to my cupcakes. I love seeing all sorts of other recipes on here today! Those mint & fudge oreo bars will blissfully haunt my dreams until I make them myself one day. :) Happy St. Patty’s Day! We aren’t doing anything wild. In fact last night we did my SBA taxes lol! And today we are meeting with the wedding photographer!!!! woo!!! xoxo

paige — March 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm

Those brownies up top look amazing!

Paige

luv what you do — March 17, 2013 at 3:59 pm

I want a slice of that apple beer bread NOW!
    YUM!