Time for an installment of Friday Things:
1. Food Bloggers Fight Back About Stolen Content on Facebook – If you’re not aware, there are thousands of Facebook groups that ‘share’ bloggers’ content. Meaning, they reprint the photo, the recipe, the entire blog post as if it were there own. All bloggers work so hard on our content, from recipe development to writing the post to the photography and editing our photos to the day-to-day time and energy it takes to keep a blog going. For people to steal content and repost it as their own disgusts, frustrates, and saddens me.
Image from Amanda’s post
And many others are disgusted, too. Here’s a list of recent posts by others on the matter. Read the comments sections of these posts to get a sense of how enraged other bloggers are about the issue:
Meaghan Mountford, blogging at The Decorated Cookie and author of Sugarlicious, wrote this piece
Amanda wrote What Every Facebook User Needs to Know
Copyright-issues-and-why-they-cause-a-lot-of-drama-mama-its-all-about-r-e-s-p-e-c-t-and-props-lots-of-props, by Jasmin of 1 Fine Cookie
No doubt there are other posts about it, but there are 1000 comments in those 4 posts to keep you busy for awhile.
As I commented on Dianne’s post, “It’s a negative time, energy, and resource suck on all levels. Sometimes I just have to let it go b/c I can’t control it all, nor can any of us. And it sucks up our time, good energy, and our creativity to police it.”
2. Ilume Coconut Milk Mango Candle at Anthro. ‘A warm, tropical blend of ripe mango and sweet coconut’ but no description comes close to telling you how good it smells. It’s perhaps the best-smelling candle jar I’ve ever stunk my nose into. I wanted to eat it. I wanted to wear it. It’s just outstanding. My taste in candles loves ranges from all-time favorites like Yankee Buttercream to Aveda Shampure but this Coconut-Mango takes the cake.
3. Since I can’t drink the candle, I’ll drink a Pineapple Mango Vitamin C Booster Smoothie (vegan, GF)
4. I set my flatiron on my 10 year old Mason Pearson Rake Style Comb and melted it. I caved and ordered another one because no other comb is like it. It just feels good in my hair and in my hand when I use it.
I am painfully cheap and will buy store or generic brand chocolate chips if it will save me thirty cents and I’ll obsess over spending an extra buck on my preferred toothpaste, but when it comes to this comb, it’s the best and I paid up. I don’t use The Best lightly when it comes to cookies or combs.
7. Upon walking into Anthropologie on the recent candle trip visit, my six year old said, “OMG Mom. I want to move in here!” You and me both, honey.
The sheer joy in her face and seeing the gorgeous clothes, dishes, books, and frilly, pretty things was just so evident. It starts young, doesn’t it.
8. I recently bought these OXO Good Grips Measuring Cups, Stainless Steel and I love them. Granted, anything was a step up from the plastic grocery-store set I’d been using for 5 years.
These feel so solid in my hand and goopy batter doesn’t stick to the inside of them. I use the quarter-cup measure to fill my muffin pan for Banana Yogurt Muffins and it slides right out.
9. I have spring fever and I wish the weather would get and stay warm. None of the teaser days where you get a hot snap for a day, and then it’s back to sweater weather. I love the longer days; now I just want them warmer. Like this.
10. These Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars are some of the best bars I’ve made in ages and if you’re looking for a 10-minute, throw-together recipe, I highly recommend them.
What are your Friday Things?
If you’ve made anything, done, seen, or bought anything fabulous recently, feel free to link it up in the comments.
Any thoughts about the copyright and Facebook sharing issues?
Combs you love? 90210 fan? Kitchen gadgets? Spring fever?
Thanks for the entries in the KithenAid 5-Quart Stand Mixer Giveaway!
Have a great weekend and check back for a giveaway!