20 Beat The Heat No-Bake Treats

I think of Memorial Day Weekend as the official kickoff to summer, my favorite time of year.

If warmer weather leaves you with a lack of desire to turn on the oven and heat up your house, then these quick, easy, no-bake treats will leave you staying cool.

All are No-Bake

Many are Vegan and Gluten-Free

20 Beat The Heat No-Bake Treats averiecooks.com

1. Chocolate-Covered 7-Minute Microwave Caramels

Chocolate-Covered 7-Minute Microwave Caramels averiecooks.com

2. Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars (No-Bake)

Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars (No-Bake)  averiecooks.com

3. Nutter Butter Special K Bars (no-bake)

Nutter Butter Special K Bars (no-bake) averiecooks.com

4. Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Pretzels (no-bake, with vegan and GF options)

Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Pretzels (no-bake, vegan, GF) averiecooks.com

5. Orange Push-Up Smoothie (gluten-free)

Orange Push-Up Smoothie (gluten-free) averiecooks.com

6. Cinnamon Oatmeal Date Bars with Chocolate Chunks (no-bake, vegan, gluten-free)

Cinnamon Oatmeal Date Bars with Chocolate Chunks (no-bake, vegan, gluten-free) averiecooks.com

7. Browned Butter Rice Krispies Treats (no-bake with vegan and GF options) -Best RKT’s I’ve ever had

Browned Butter Rice Krispies Treats (no-bake with vegan and GF options) averiecooks.com

8. Ritz Cracker Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (No-Bake, Vegan)

Ritz Cracker Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (No-Bake, Vegan) averiecooks.com

9. Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (no-bake, vegan, gluten-free)

Raw Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls (no-bake, vegan, gluten-free)  averiecooks.com

10. Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix

Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix (no-bake) averiecooks.com

11. Old-Fashioned Butter Mints (no-bake, gluten-free)

Old-Fashioned Butter Mints (no-bake, gluten-free) averiecooks.com

12. Healthy Fudgy Brownie Bites (no-bake, vegan, GF, grain-free/Paleo, soy-free, no added sugar or salt)

13. Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Squares (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

14. Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies (no-bake, vegan, GF) averiecooks.com

15. Nutella Brownie Truffle Bites (no-bake with vegan and GF options)

Nutella Brownie Truffle Bites (no-bake with vegan and GF options)

16. Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake

Chocolate Cake Batter Milkshake averiecooks.com

17. Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF)

Snickerdoodle Cookie Granola Bars – (no-bake, vegan, GF)  averiecooks.com

18. Homemade Little Debbie Star Crunch (no-bake)

Homemade Little Debbie Star Crunch (no-bake) averiecooks.com

19. Microwave Strawberry Vanilla Mug Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Glaze

Microwave Strawberry Vanilla Mug Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Glaze averiecooks.com

20. Frozen Chocolate Pudding and Wafer Cake (No-Bake, 3 ingredients)

Frozen Chocolate Pudding and Wafer Cake (No-Bake, 3 ingredients) averiecooks.com

Have a great weekend and check back for a giveaway!

What treats do you make when the weather warms up?

54 Responses to “20 Beat The Heat No-Bake Treats”

Siunna — May 24, 2013 at 12:46 am

Fantastic round-up as usual, Averie! They all look mouthwatering good. One of my most requested no-bake treats is a no-bake strawberry cheesecake-I just posted it on my site a few days ago. It’s not only fast, easy and no-bake, it’s very light and creamy, so it’s the perfect summer dessert!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 1:25 am

I just popped over to your site and you did a great job on Sally’s rolls. Wow, they look so good! And so does your cheesecake!

• Siunna replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 3:31 am

I also posted your blueberry yogurt cake and creamy mixed berry white chocolate crumble bars last week-they were soooo good! The thick and chewy oatmeal raisin cookie dough is chilling in the fridge as well:)Btw, one of my readers emailed me saying that she had made the quintuple (I posted mine as quadruple, since I omitted the Oreos) chocolate fudge brownie cookies and that they turned out great-thanks so much for the wonderful recipes, Averie!!xoxo

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:23 am

Oh thanks for posting those recipes of mine as well! And that you have dough of mine chilling in the fridge! That is awesome! I am so glad to hear that there was positive feedback on the cookies from a reader of yours, too! That’s wonderful to hear! And those cookies are my hands down fave for chocolate-based cookies. I mean, chocolate 4 or 5 ways, you can’t go wrong :)

Karen — May 24, 2013 at 2:07 am

These look great. I have just stumbled on to your blog, lovely photos and I look forward to trying some of your recipes.

I need recipes like this one. And it’s no bake :)

Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope — May 24, 2013 at 3:32 am

I love all these ideas! Especially in the Texas heat, baking is not always the best idea in the summer. I pinned the Cinnamon Oatmeal Date Bars with Chocolate Chunks and the Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies and I’m definitely going to try them out this summer! :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:22 am

Thanks for the pins, Heather! And yes, I know, TX can get oppressively hot in the summer! Stay cool! :)

Paula — May 24, 2013 at 3:35 am

I always stare just a little longer at the cinnamon oatmeal date bars when they appear on a round up. I think it’s time to do more than just look at them–I haven’t made anything with dates for a while and these just look so good. We’re going to an outdoor concert tonight and it’s supposed to be on the cool side, so I think I can smuggle a couple of them in without having a melty chocolatey mess in my purse!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:21 am

Oh have fun at your outdoor concert! Love summertime for stuff like that! And if you try the bars, LMK! They are SO easy and really good, dense, chewy, hearty, and ‘healthy’, relatively speaking :)

Anna @ Garnish with Lemon — May 24, 2013 at 4:20 am

There is so much goodness on this page that I don’t even know where to start!

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — May 24, 2013 at 4:28 am

Oh my, this was a dangerous post to open first thing in the morning ;-) Going to a BBQ on Monday and have been debating what dessert to bring. Thanks for all the fab choices!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:20 am

Well have fun and if you try something of mine, LMK! :)

Christy@SweetandSavoring — May 24, 2013 at 4:47 am

What perfect timing for this post, right upon a holiday weekend and when it’s been particularly warm and humid lately :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:19 am

Funny, it’s been 60F and cool in San Diego (normal for this time of year though)!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — May 24, 2013 at 5:00 am

You’ve got something for everyone here! Love this round-up! I just posted an easy no-bake recipe on the blog. Guess great minds think alike. Gotta beat the heat somehow – and sometimes that’s by not turning on the oven. :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 5:19 am

Beating the heat and keeping it EASY on oneself, i.e. no-bake is where it’s at!

Tieghan — May 24, 2013 at 5:19 am

These round- ups you do are dangerous! I mean so many awesome dessert all on one page! Plus, these are no-bake and SO easy!! Someone needs to come and stop me from making these all!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — May 24, 2013 at 5:29 am

Wow, Averie! What a treasure trove of no-bake treats! I still need to make your Star Crunch treats. So nostalgic, those Little Debbie things! And, your Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Squares are calling my name! Have a fabulous Memorial Day weekend, my friend! xo

Laura Dembowski — May 24, 2013 at 5:38 am

I’ve been really into no bake treats lately. But in reality my oven is sometimes on during the hottest days of the year whether it’s because I want to bake or need to. It’s also on for cooking dinner pretty much everyday.

Elaine @ Cooking to Perfection — May 24, 2013 at 6:22 am

You are a life saver, Averie! This is the best recipe round-up. The scorching temperatures already reached DC. We are having a little break thanks to thunderstorms, but I know the hot temps and unbearable humidity will come back in no time. No bake recipes are a must in the summertime heat. Cannot wait to give most/all of these a try. I’ll have plenty of time in the coming months. :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Hope that you stay cool! It sounds oppressive already there!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 24, 2013 at 6:36 am

Hooray for no-bake treats! I hate turning on the oven when it’s 5000 degrees outside, so I am loving all these wonderful recipes! Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

Monica — May 24, 2013 at 6:58 am

Everything looks just gorgeous. It must be like a wonderful bakery/chocolate/candy shop at your house!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 1:50 pm

It is…which is why I try to DONATE as much as I can to friends. We have a few pieces and try to spread the love then. So at least we can still fit thru the doorway :)

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — May 24, 2013 at 7:50 am

I love no bake treats for the summer too! You and I share the same humongous sweet tooth so I always salivate over your recipes!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 1:49 pm

It’s just more fun than posting about broccoli :)

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — May 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

As much as I love my oven- sometimes it needs to NOT be turned on! And that chocolate cake batter shake? I’ll take 3 glasses please :)

Katie — May 24, 2013 at 10:37 am

Another great round up. Just in time for my afternoon crash, I NEED some fast sugar.

ashley - baker by nature — May 24, 2013 at 10:43 am

Yum!!! These are all so perfect for Summer. Happy weekend, lady :)

Liz (Little Bitty Bakes) — May 24, 2013 at 11:18 am

It’s funny, I figured moving from NY to FL would mean I didn’t bake a THING from May to September, but then I met air conditioning. ;) That said, I still *love* no-bake recipes for their simplicity. I need to try that parm-ranch snack mix!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 1:48 pm

The parm-ranch is like a 5 min toss together recipe. Hubs LOVES that stuff. It’s like the savory version of puppy chow- super addictive!

Happy Valley Chow — May 24, 2013 at 12:33 pm

All those recipes look absolutely delicious and stunning. Can’t wait to try!

Happy Blogging!
    Happy Valley Chow

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — May 24, 2013 at 1:29 pm

No bake desserts are my favorites! But they’re so dangerous for me, as I will make them all.. then eat them all! :) Love these all, thanks for sharing.

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 24, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Awesome round-up for those of us already suffering in sticky-hot weather! I’ve GOT to try your brownie bites, Averie!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — May 24, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I could go for a huge cookie butter milkshake right about now.. in addition to at least five of each of the things on this list. Still obsessing over those microwave caramels!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 4:07 pm

So.Easy. If you ever need a crowd pleaser in under 10 mins, that’s the recipe!

Eva | Adventures in Cooking — May 24, 2013 at 3:17 pm

A delicious and hunger-inducing round up! Made me realize I haven’t had homemade rice crispy treats in an eternity, for shame! Perhaps I will remedy that this memorial day weekend :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 4:06 pm

Thanks, Eva! Those RKTreats are my fave ever and I’m super picky and am a real RKT conissiour, if one can be such a thing :)

lisatberry — May 24, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I wish I was trying to beat the heat…it’s freezing in CT were hoping to break 50 tomorrow and some places may have snow flurries…..I’ll turn the heat up and make some rootbeer floats…my favorite way to stay cool.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 4:05 pm

San Diego’s not THAT much warmer at the coast. 60 with a wind and coastal breeze. Feels 50 to me! Not the beach weather everyone thinks we always have! :)

Luv What You Do — May 24, 2013 at 7:54 pm

OMG! Those caramels look incredible!!!

Kate@Diethood — May 24, 2013 at 8:31 pm

HA! Everything looks amazing! Where do I start?!? Ahhhh yes, Nutella Brownie Truffle Bites!!! :-D

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — May 24, 2013 at 10:22 pm

Gee whiz dude, how do you stay so thin making all these crazy treats…or do you have lucky neighbors? :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 24th, 2013 at 11:29 pm

A couple pieces, then donate. And small batches! 8×8 pans are my friend!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — May 25, 2013 at 4:27 am

Ooooh I love this roundup-perfect for the incoming hot weather!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — May 25, 2013 at 8:53 am

I’d like one of each, please! Have a great weekend! :)

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 26, 2013 at 4:37 am

I am loving the title of this fun round up! Beat the heat! Well, I don’t have to worry about heat right now, Yesterday it was 60 degrees in Philly and Baltimore, I’m not kidding. I went on a 5 mile walk with my mom and seriously considered GLOVES. What is going on?!?! I find myself craving the 90 degree sweat/heat. Anyway, so many wonderful no-bake ideas here. I love how pretty the frozen wafer cake is! And that chocolate cake batter milkshake – umm, can I have that for breakfast please?!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 26th, 2013 at 5:25 am

Scott was in Connecticut for 4 days and JUST got back. And barely got back, due to bad weather and storms out there. And 60-65F. That’s normal for San Diego this time of year at the coast. Coastal breeze and 60F feels like 50F or less. We get our hot weather in the fall when it’s…pumpkin season! lol And so yes, I run in gloves and an ear warmer and will totally admit it!

angela @ another bite please — May 28, 2013 at 4:39 pm

love love this recipe roundup…there is that orange push up smoothie again…perfect reminder to make for this summer…sorry I have been mia…love the blog facelift looks great!!!!! Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Nutmeg Nanny — May 28, 2013 at 6:33 pm

No-bake recipes are wonderful :) these all look so delicious!