25 Cinco de Mayo and Easy Summertime Recipes

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and rather than focusing only on Mexican-themed food, here are 25 recipes that are fun for outdoor parties and warmer weather.

As well as drinks to keep you cool and a few easy-breezy treats to keep your sweet tooth happy.

Everything featured is fast, easy, no-bake or nearly no-bake, since most of us would rather spend our time outdoors and with family and friends than in a hot kitchen.

25 Cinco de Mayo & Easy Summertime Recipes averiecooks.com

1. Chipotle Avocado Cucumber Flatbreads (vegetarian, vegan if vegan flatbread is used)

2. Mango Basil Personal-Sized Tortilla Pizzas (vegetarian or vegan if vegan cheese and tortillas are used)

3. Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – Make in 5 minutes in microwave

4. Pina Colada Dip (vegan, GF)

5. Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato and Zucchini Fritters (vegan, GF)

6. “Cheater’s” Guacamole (veagn, GF) – Make in 5 minutes

7. Cheddar Cheese and Olive Oil Savory Muffins

8. Vegetable Fried Rice Frittata (vegetarian, GF)

9. Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, serve warm or cold) – Make in 5 minutes

10. Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries (easy to keep vegan)

11. Spinach & Artichoke Dip (vegan, GF, fat-free option, serve warm or cold) – Make in 5 minutes

12. Mini Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwiches

13. Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix –  Make in 5 minutes

14. Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Pretzels (no-bake, vegan, GF) – Make in 5 minutes and one of the best things I made in 2012 on the work-reward scale and my husband begs for these

15. Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria – A great way to stretch a bottle of wine and serve a crowd

16. Coconut Water Champagne Fruit Punch (Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, No Sugar Added)

17. Mango Coconut Water Tropical Martini

18. Rum Runner

19. Pink Lemonade Freezer Bars

20. Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups and Ice Cream

21. Chocolate-Covered 7-Minute Microwave Caramels (GF)

22. White Chocolate Buttery Waffles Snack Mix

23. Orange PushUp Smoothie – This was the Most Viewed Recipe my entire site in 2012. Apparently everyone loves Creamsicles and Orange PushUps as much as I do

24. Chocolate Chip and Chunk Cookies – Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

25. Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars

Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo? Have a favorite easy-breezy warmer weather recipe that you’re looking forward to making?

Feel free to share links in the comments and have a happy, fun, and safe weekend.

Check back tomorrow for a giveaway!

24 Responses to “25 Cinco de Mayo and Easy Summertime Recipes”

Paula — May 4, 2013 at 4:36 am

Thanks for this round-up–it just gave me an idea. I wanted to make a green papaya slaw yesterday and there was only 1 remaining at my usual grocery store. It weighed in at 4.8 lbs (my husband asked me if it was a watermelon) so I now have a gigantic green papaya to play with. I’d love to try subbing it in for the zucchini in your fritters. The slaw was excellent with your peanut sauce!

Aggie — May 4, 2013 at 5:17 am

Oh these recipes are making me swoon!! Especially those fritters! Everything looks delicious!

Tieghan — May 4, 2013 at 5:25 am

Averie all these recipes are making me drool! Great round up!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — May 4, 2013 at 7:55 am

Loving the mini grilled cheeses and the corn/cheese dip! Ok, I love cheese, I can’t help it!

Alison @ ingredients, INc. — May 4, 2013 at 1:01 pm

love this roundup!

Sue/the view from great island — May 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm

How is this possible—I want to make (and eat) every single one of these! Have a wonderful weekend—

ashley - baker by nature — May 4, 2013 at 2:20 pm

Oh my word… I want it ALL!!! Hope you guys have a delicious cinco de mayo tomorrow :) xx

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — May 4, 2013 at 8:56 pm

I’ll take one of each, please! Have a great weekend, Averie!

Elle — May 4, 2013 at 10:28 pm

Averie, everything looks delicious! Just seeing these pictures make me hungry already!

The Mango basil tortilla pizza seems really interesting. I’ve never had mangoes in my pizza, but I think I’ll give it a try tomorrow because I have all the ingredients at home.

I think I might add some bell peppers to it as well.

The guacamole, chipotle avocado cucumber flatbread, and puff pastry are also added to my to-try list. I love avocados. Thank you for sharing your recipes!

Laura @ Gluten Free Pantry — May 5, 2013 at 8:04 am

Wow…I don’t know what I want to do first, dip into the delicious dips or head for those fantastic drinks?! Happy Cinco de Mayo and to awesome Summer/BBQ food ahead!

Valerie — May 5, 2013 at 8:42 am

Happy Cinco de Mayo, Averie! Fabulous spread – I’m going to be daydreaming about those baked chipotle sweet potato and zucchini fritters! :D

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 5, 2013 at 11:13 am

Fabulous round up! That rum runner is calling my name…

Lucy — May 5, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Wow, so many amazing recipes, the peanut butter bars stand out though!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 5, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Just look at all of this COLOR, Averie! So many fun, carefree recipes in this round-up. It’s putting me in the mood for summer. I love the cute glasses that your Rum Rummer and coconut martini are in! So glad that pina colada dip made it in the round up – I have always wanted to try it! We didn’t do anything for cinco. Last night included a vodka cocktail and working. And then doing laundry. But I’m glad I had an easy night because I had a great run this morning :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 5th, 2013 at 5:27 pm

Doing anything for Cinco other than working, cooking, cleaning, baking, laundry, parenting, and repeating…is pretty much off my radar screen. Really couldnt imagine going out and getting sloshed these days. Lol At least I have the memories :)

Nutmeg Nanny — May 5, 2013 at 2:23 pm

This is a gorgeous recipe round up :) I’m especially loving the fritters

This is the first time I read about Cinco de Mayo, I’m so glad that blogosphere exists :) I can learn something each day. And thank you for sharing this recipes :)

Bree {Skinny Mommy} — May 6, 2013 at 7:59 am

What a fabulous collection-and I love that they are no bake!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — May 6, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I love those mango pizzas! They are so easy and tasty. :) I make them whenever we have leftover tortillas. Which is often!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 6th, 2013 at 3:59 pm

If you have leftover tortillas, start doctoring them up is what I say!