25 Copycat Recipes and Cookbook Giveaway
Certain foods like Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls, Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars, and Girl Scout Thin Mints, I just adore.
Rather than being dependent on going to mall for my fix, waiting for seasonally-available items to come around, or over-paying for storebought, I came up with at-home, copycat versions of the real thing.
Included are 25 of my Favorite Copycat and Knock-Off Recipes, as well as some fun DIY recipes, such as making your own vanilla extract or peanut butter that save money and taste far better than storebought.
1. Cranberry Bliss Bars – Starbucks Copycat Recipe and the reader feedback on these has been extremely positive
2. Overnight Buttermilk Soft and Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls – My ode to Cinnabons, and I prefer these to the real thing
4. Old-Fashioned Butter Mints (no-bake, gluten-free)
5. Homemade Little Debbie Star Crunch (no-bake)
6. Soft Buttery One Hour Pretzels (vegan) – Faster and easier than going to the mall for Auntie Anne’s or Wetzels Pretzels
7. Ritz Cracker-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cups (No-Bake, Vegan) – I like adding crackers for added crunch along with salty-and-sweet, or try this recipe for classic Peanut Butter Cups (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)
8. Outback Steakhouse Wheat Bread (vegan) – Copycat Recipe for the soft, brown bread many steakhouses like Longhorn and Outback serve. I don’t eat steak but I do love this bread
10. Baked Vanilla Donuts with Vanilla Glaze – The baked version of a Krispy Kreme
11. Butterfinger Bars (No Bake, Vegan & GF options) – Make in less than 5 minutes in the microwave
12. Homemade Baileys Irish Cream – Make in the blender in 1 minute
14. Samoas Bars (Vegan & GF options) – The flavors of the Girl Scout classic cookies combined in easy-to-make bars rather than fussy, layered, multi-step cookies
15. Chocolate Turtles (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) – Raw, Vegan, 3 Ingredients, 10 minutes
16. Homemade Vanilla Extract (vegan, GF) – A truly work-free recipe. Just wait it out
17. Homemade Ginger Ale (vegan, GF)
18. 10-Minute Homemade Hot Fudge (GF)
19. Homemade Peanut Butter (vegan, GF) – Make in minutes in your food processor. Once you try homemade, you’ll never want storebought
20. Homemade Cookie Butter (vegan, GF) – Very similar to Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter or Biscoff spread
21. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF) – Better than Quaker Chewy Granola Bars and ready in minutes
22. Hot Pepper Jelly (vegan, GF) – Like the Trader Joe’s Hot Pepper Jelly, which is sometimes only seasonally available
23. Pumpkin Spice Latte (vegan, GF) – Starbucks Copycat Recipe
24. Orange Push-Up Smoothie (GF, can be kept vegan) – Tastes like an Orange Push-Up, in smoothie form
25. Thin Mints (vegan, no-bake) – Make in minutes and they’re a dead-ringer for the original
Classic Snacks Made from Scratch: 70 Homemade Versions of Your Favorite Brand-Name Treats by Casey Barber showcased 70 scrumptiously salty-and-sweet recipes, plus mouth-watering full-color photos, so you can have your childhood cake and eat it, too.
Having the fun and satisfaction of making them yourself with all-natural ingredients so they taste more delicious than the brand-name originals. This book faithfully reproduces beloved snacks and nostalgic vending machine classics like:
*Nacho Cheese Doritos®
*Sour Patch™ Kids
*Cinnamon Pop Tarts®
Using Rafflecopter, enter to win the Giveaway by making sure to leave a blog comment below in response to the first question. Then follow the prompts for additional entries. Sometimes the widget is a bit slow to load, so please be patient.
a Rafflecopter giveaway