25 Desserts for Mother’s Day

Happy Mother’s Day Weekend to all the moms!

All moms deserve to be celebrated and what better way to show the special moms in your life your appreciation than baking something sweet and lovely.

Here are 25 Recipes, five in each category and something to please everyone.

• White Chocolate
  • Chocolate
  • Fruity
  • Soft & Fluffy
  • Peanut Butter

Each dessert in this compilation is one of my personal favorites, and I’d love it if someone made me anything from this list.

White Chocolate

17. Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins and Mini Muffins

18. Overnight Buttermilk Soft and Fluffy Cinnamon Rolls

19. Cinnamon and Spice Sweet Potato Bread

20. Nutella Cinnamon Rolls with Vanilla Glaze

Peanut Butter

21. Marshmallow Peanut Butter Double Chocolate Pillowtop Bars

22. Honey Roasted Butterscotch White Chocolate Peanut Butter (GF)

23. Coconut Peanut Butter Magic Cake Bars

24. Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies (GF)

25. Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars

Are you most drawn to White Chocolate, Chocolate, Fruity, Soft & Fluffy, or Peanut Butter? How about your mom?

How will you be spending Mother’s Day?

We have no plans, just the way I like it. I don’t expect gifts, roses, cards, breakfast in bed, or anything other than just a calm, smooth, easy day.

As a mom, just getting through the day with everyone and everything in one piece and no meltdowns is the best gift of all. And of course, to spend time with my sweet little girl and husband.

Happy Mother’s Day!

57 Responses to “25 Desserts for Mother’s Day”

Ellen — May 10, 2013 at 12:08 am

Happy mother’s day! I hope your day is a beautiful one:)

Mallory — May 10, 2013 at 12:18 am

These desserts look absolutely amazing! I really want to try the first one. I hope you have a great Mother’s Day! My family and I are spending it at Universal Studios. It should be a lot of fun.

What a list! I need to test them all for next year, this year I am apart from my mum so only flowers for her and a phone wishes.

Katie — May 10, 2013 at 3:56 am

Happy Mother’s Day to you Averie! I hope you have a beautiful one!

Sally @ Sallys Baking Addiction — May 10, 2013 at 4:01 am

Happy Mother’s Day Averie! You deserve a weekend showered with love. Skylar is so lucky to have such a caring, selfless mom! You would do anything for her. :) my mom would love all of these recipes. Especially that carrot cake loaf and cinn spice sweet potato bread. Hope your weekend is beautiful my friend. :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:20 am

Thanks, hon! I just realized our 12 yr wedding anniversary is on TUESDAY. 5/14
      So I really should have been begging and trolling for gifts from Scott, right! :) But no, he has no idea either are happening! Lol Which is FINE. I don’t care. I just want a peaceful weekend that I can be productive :)

Paula — May 10, 2013 at 4:13 am

What a delicious looking dessert collection–and if I hadn’t already decided to make the Twix bars, I’d have a tough time choosing! We don’t have any specific plans for Mother’s Day, but our anniversary is tomorrow (17 yrs) so we’re going out for dinner. I am planning on a relaxing weekend with a little baking and trip to the farmer’s market. Happy Mother’s Day Averie!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:18 am

Thanks, Paula!
      Enjoy the Twix Bars. They’re so good that I want one right now but they’re gone.
      Happy Anniversary. Holy.crap. I just realized our 12 yr wedding anniversary is on TUESDAY. 5/14
      you have us beat by 5 yrs and 3 days. Neither me or my hubs remember pay that much attn anymore. He clearly has no idea…he barely knows it’s Mother’s Day :)
      Enjoy your night out!!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — May 10, 2013 at 4:25 am

Ooooh, love how the treats are categorized! I don’t know which would be my favorite! Perhaps the chocolate or the soft & fluffy category…or the peanut butter or white chocolate. Hahaha.
    Happy Mother’s Day to you! :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:16 am

Give you lately – the PB or the white choc categories :) Soft & fluffy never hurts either!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 10, 2013 at 4:32 am

Happy Mother’s Day to you, lovely lady! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! xoxo

Christy@SweetandSavoring — May 10, 2013 at 4:33 am

Ooh, those cranberry bliss bars look amazing! You have such great ways of showcasing older recipes of yours that readers might’ve missed the first time around :) And the fact that you made 5 different categories was super smart!

Hope you have a great Mother’s Day weekend :)

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:15 am

Right before Xmas my hubs and I seriously scarfed a whole pan down together in like 1 day. We both love C.B.Bars from Starbucks and they are better than the originals if we do say so! Glad you like my roundups – I have so much stuff it’s nice to un-earth some of the forgottens!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — May 10, 2013 at 5:19 am

You know I’m a white chocolate & PB fan (just mix the two together please). Sometimes no plans are the best ones. I sure hope you have a fantastic Mother’s Day!

Tieghan — May 10, 2013 at 5:29 am

And you really expect me to choose??? That is crazy, I love them all!!!
    Happy early Mothers Day Averie!! Hope someone make you something good and you have a relaxing no work unplanned day!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:14 am

Thanks, Tieghan, and you’re such a great big sis I’m sure your little siblings think of you as a mom in many ways!

Laura Dembowski — May 10, 2013 at 5:42 am

I hope you have a wonderful Mother’s Day! We will be at home just spending time together. Love it!

Jen @ FitterSelf — May 10, 2013 at 5:44 am

Oh my goodness, I’m all over those cranberry bliss bars! I seriously just took the afternoon off from work so I can go home and make these for my stepmom for Mother’s Day! Thanks for the great recipe ideas!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Please LMK if you make them!

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat — May 10, 2013 at 6:13 am

Thanks for this great list of recipes! I know my mom would pretty much like any of them! She has a sweet tooth just like me…lol!

heather @ a sweet simple life — May 10, 2013 at 6:57 am

Great round-up!! I think I’ll be making those nutella cinnamon rolls… Delicious!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:12 am

And they take about 5 mins to prep, not even kidding. A shortcut is used on those :) Ready in under 30 mins total!!

Ashley - Baker by Nature — May 10, 2013 at 7:15 am

I want it all!!! Gorgeous round up, lady :) And Happy Mother’s Day to you, love!

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen — May 10, 2013 at 8:06 am

Happy Mothers Day Averie! I hope someone does something for you on Sunday! I’m sure my mom would love all of these- especially the chocolate ones!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — May 10, 2013 at 8:14 am

Happy Mother’s Day, Averie! :) Love all of these, it would be hard to pick a favorite… but for my chocolate obsession, I love the chocolate cake with ganache!

Katy @ Katy's Kitchen — May 10, 2013 at 8:57 am

I’m totally more drawn to chocolate! This is a really good roundup, I like finding out about some recipes you’ve made that I haven’t seen yet. Those cranberry bliss bars look heavenly.

• Averie @ Averie Cooks replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 9:06 am

Oh they are freakin’fantastic! I love those things! Right before Xmas my hubs and I seriously scarfed a whole pan down together in like 1 day. We both love C.B.Bars from Starbucks and they are better than the originals if we do say so!

Nicole @ Young, Broke and Hungry — May 10, 2013 at 9:47 am

Have a great mothers day weekend!

Annie @ Natural Sweet Recipes — May 10, 2013 at 10:32 am

Aw, these all look so good! Ever since I saw your Browned Butter Banana Bread on Pinterest, I’ve been aching to make it. Hopefully soon! Happy Mother’s Day!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — May 10, 2013 at 10:46 am

What a fabulous recipe round-up! I’m drooling over the PB and Oatmeal with White Chocolate Chip Cookies! And, of course, everything gooey-chocolate! YUM! Have a Happy Mother’s Day, Averie! I hope you have a special, memorable weekend. xo P.S. Just posted a twist on Magic Cake (coffeecake with a “streusel” bottom and salted caramel sauce) and made gluten free with Cup4Cup flour. It worked fabulously and I hope you’ll try it–gluten free or not!

Marcie — May 10, 2013 at 11:26 am

Decisions, decisions! I love all of those flavors, but for Mother’s Day, I tend to go in the direction of fruity, coconutty, citrusy, or a combination of all of that! That’s what makes all of the ladies in my family (and me) happy! Have a great Mother’s Day!

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 10, 2013 at 11:34 am

What an awesome collection of recipes! Sadly, I won’t be celebrating with my mom, but I plan to spend the afternoon at the rink!

Anna {Herbivore Triathlete} — May 10, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Happy Mother’s Day to you Averie!

I’m with you, I’d prefer a peaceful day at home than flowers, jewels or gifts. I think we may go to dinner, but honestly, I’d rather stay home

Enjoy your weekend.

Lindsay — May 10, 2013 at 6:09 pm

What a gorgeous new site you have! :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

And I owe it all to you. You are, simply, AMAZING!!!! :)

Julie Deily — May 10, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Happy Mother’s Day, Averie!! Cookie butter and funfetti???? How did I miss that before?

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 10th, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Thanks, Julie! LMK if you get this in your inbox :)

Jennifer @ Peanut Butter and Peppers — May 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Everything looks wonderful and any Mother would be tickled pink to have on your delicious recipes cooked for them! Happy early Mothers Day!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 10, 2013 at 8:00 pm

These are all great ideas! I love the new look of your blog too!

Gerry @ Foodness Gracious — May 10, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Great round-up and I sooo eyed up those cranberry bars. I gotta make those!! Love the clean new look to btw…

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 11th, 2013 at 12:21 am

Funny you’re like the 5th person who specifically mentioned the Cran Bliss Bars. I loved those things, Gerry! They are ridic good and dare I say, better than Starbucks. And thanks for noticing the new look. Went live Friday about 5p and just posted now about it!

Jackie @ Marin mama cooks — May 10, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Ok, this is hilarious! We both updated our blogs to the same Word Press theme! I clicked on your blog earlier today and I was like, “hey, something looks different here, but yet similar.” I then figured out it was your new look! I love it and I love the new and cute little logo! It’s so you and perfect. I made the switch to make my ads bigger and to also get a better recipe page, like I see you have done. I’m still working on the recipe categorization, but hopefully I will have that up and running soon. It just takes time (and brain power) to organize all of those categories. I do love that this theme has the photos with the recipes! It makes everything just that much better. I have photos for some of my categories at the bottom of my sidebar and I have been opening them up all day, just so I can look at all the pictures. I know, I’m a total dork! Ok, all of these recipes look amazing girl! Have a wonderful Mother’s day if I don’t speak to you before then! xoxo, Jackie

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 11th, 2013 at 12:19 am

Actually, mine isn’t a wordpress theme at all. It’s a custom-built site that I have had a designer working on for ages. I was on her waiting list for a year and it just went live today! I just posted about it in my ‘Weekend Things’ post that just went live, about what’s going on with it, the functionality, etc. and how thrilled I am about it! Thanks for noticing all the hard work. It just went live late in the day Friday! Now I am off to catch up on everyone’s blog and go see your new look!

Jaclyn — May 10, 2013 at 11:07 pm

I love your new site Averie! Very pretty!! And amazing round up!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 11th, 2013 at 12:17 am

Thank you so much, Jaclyn! I remember being in Aruba over Xmas and seeing your new site and knowing mine was coming…and it took everything in me to just.have.patience. Your site is one that I’ve looked to for inspiration and it truly is, Cooking, Classy.

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 11, 2013 at 11:53 am

These are all awesome! I would kill for one of those cinnamon rolls right now!

Kristi @ lifesprinkles — May 11, 2013 at 12:15 pm

Happy Mother’s Day, Averie! I’m dying to try your chocolate cake with chocolate ganache – it looks heavenly!

Nutmeg Nanny — May 14, 2013 at 8:08 am

Oh wow! This recipe roundup looks amazing! There is no way I could pick just one :)

dervla @ the curator — May 14, 2013 at 8:13 am

oooh that cinnamon spice and sweet potato bread looks amazing!!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 14th, 2013 at 1:31 pm

Thanks, Dervla! And it’s so easy, too! :)