Favorite Strawberry Recipes

Next week is National Pick Strawberries Day and National Strawberries and Cream Day.

Since it’s strawberry season and all of a sudden you may find yourself with more berries on your hands than you know what to do with, here are One Dozen of my Favorite Strawberry Recipes:

Favorite Strawberry Recipes averiecooks.com

1. Strawberry and Sprinkles Buttermilk Pancakes

Strawberry and Sprinkles Buttermilk Pancakes averiecooks.com

2. Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Coconut Cashew Sandwich Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

3. Strawberry Sweet Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze

Strawberry Sweet Rolls with Vanilla Cream Cheese Glaze averiecooks.com

4. Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting

Strawberry Cake Mix Cookies with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting averiecooks.com

5. Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF)

Strawberries and Cream Smoothie (vegan, GF) averiecooks.com

6. Strawberry Jelly Rolls - Ready from start to finish in 20 minutes

Strawberry Jelly Rolls averiecooks.com

7. Strawberry Banana Bread

Strawberry Banana Bread averiecooks.com

8. Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF)

Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprint Cookies (No-Bake, Vegan, GF) averiecooks.com

9. Creamy Mixed Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars

Creamy Mixed Berry White Chocolate Crumble Bars averiecooks.com

10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies

Peanut Butter and Jelly Blondies averiecooks.com

11. Cinnamon Sugar Crust Cream Cheese and Jelly Danish Squares

Cinnamon Sugar Crust Cream Cheese and Jelly Danish Squares averiecooks.com

12. Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Bread with Strawberry Butter

Browned Butter Buttermilk Banana Bread with Strawberry Butter averiecooks.com

Check out these Strawberry Recipes from my friends:

Marla (aka The Strawberry Queen as I call her) – Skinny Strawberry Lime Punch {Cocktail or Alcohol-Free}, Strawberry-Maple Kefir Shake, Strawberries & Cream Whoopie Pies (GF) and 60 AMAZING Strawberry Recipes

Sally’s Skinny Strawberry Banana Milkshakes

Heather’s Tequila Lime Cheesecake with Strawberry Margarita Topping

Barbara Bakes Strawberry Cheesecake with an Oreo Cookie Crust

Jaclyn’s Baked Strawberry Doughnuts

Naomi’s Strawberry Truffle Pie

Thanks for the entries in the Kitchen Aid 5-Quart Stand Mixer Giveaway!

Since my blog makeover, I’ve been told that my comment replies are going into spam. Please check your spam folder and un-spam them if necessary. Thanks!

What’s your favorite way to use strawberries?

45 Responses to “Favorite Strawberry Recipes”

Lora @cakeduchess — May 17, 2013 at 3:27 am

I think our season is almost over here but I still can’t help dreaming of strawberry recipes. You’ve given me more inspiration to keep on baking with the gorgeous beauties:)

Paula — May 17, 2013 at 3:48 am

I love strawberries in salads with some kind of balsamic dressing and blue cheese. I should have enough baby greens ready to pick for a salad from my own little garden and there is an organic berry farm a few minutes away. I am already anxious for lunch today! Your round up has me craving strawberries….and the smoothie and mixed berry bars are really jumping out at me this morning!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 4:24 am

strawberries, balsamic dressing and blue cheese sounds so good right now to me!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — May 17, 2013 at 4:14 am

Lovely! It’s so nice to have more ideas for what to make with all those strawberries this time of year. I love the look of that strawberry butter! Mmmmm….

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 4:23 am

Super duper easy and it’s hardly a ‘recipe’…it takes about 2 seconds to stir together but it’s so good! :)

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat — May 17, 2013 at 4:18 am

I’m a huge fan of strawberries. I buy them every week during the summer. I’m excited about these recipes that use my favorite fruit! They all look wonderful!

Rachel Cooks — May 17, 2013 at 5:05 am

I want them all!!! PS: I’m probably super far behind, but I love your new logo!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Just unveiled it last week on Friday! And thanks! :)

Tieghan — May 17, 2013 at 5:10 am

Averie, all these recipes look so good! I hade no idea it was national strawberry picking day and national strawberry cream day next week!! Wish I would have post the Strawberry Margarita Doughnuts I made next week!

Strawberry season is the best and I have to make the sweet rolls! They have been calling my name ever since you posted them!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 5:15 am

Well it’s not til next week and really, there is no wrong time for strawberry donuts! :)

Liz — May 17, 2013 at 5:11 am

Whoa! I can’t wait till our local berries are ripe…soon, I hope! I’d have to start with your sweet rolls and work my way through all your features!

Laura Dembowski — May 17, 2013 at 5:39 am

I have been buying tons of strawberries lately and now I know what to do with them. All of these recipes look so yummy!

Heather @ Sugar Dish Me — May 17, 2013 at 5:50 am

Thanks so much for linking up to my cheesecake recipe! That is just super.
    I love every single thing you posted! AND we are heading to the strawberry farm this weekend so I can put some of these recipes to work!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

You’re welcome and you always link tons of my stuff/recipes – and so thank YOU too! :) And have fun this weekend at the farm!

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — May 17, 2013 at 6:02 am

Can I have one of everything please???? :)

Mary Frances @ The Sweet Tooth Life — May 17, 2013 at 6:12 am

I love my strawberries in everything buuuut if I had to pick, it would be with my granola and milk for breakfast or in your banana bread or rolls. Most if these recipes are new to me! For the strawberry addict in me, this is a gold mine, Averie. Oh, vanilla ice cream with fresh strawberries is hard to beat:)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

So glad they’re new-to-you recipes! It pays to re-link and remind I guess :)

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen — May 17, 2013 at 6:37 am

This post is amazing! Strawberries are my favorite fruit and all of these recipes are so creative!

Heather (Where's the Beach) — May 17, 2013 at 6:42 am

This is a post after my own heart. Love strawberries. Just plain works perfectly for me!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — May 17, 2013 at 7:29 am

Ohhh, days like this I wished I still lived in California! The strawberries must be huge already! Hope you get out there to pick some strawberries today or this weekend, Averie. These are a bunch of great recipes you shared! Love the look of those sweet rolls… mmm!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 12:50 pm

How did I not know you used to live in CA? It must be hard to be away (I tried moving away once…I lasted 9 mos and we were back! lol)

marla — May 17, 2013 at 7:49 am

Great post Averie!! I’ll proudly wear my strawberry queen crown ;)

Eva @ Eva Bakes — May 17, 2013 at 8:03 am

Hooray for strawberries! They are my favorite fruit, and I love discovering new ways to enjoy them!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — May 17, 2013 at 8:13 am

Strawberries are my favorite berry, such a fab roundup!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — May 17, 2013 at 10:35 am

The Strawberry and Sprinkles Buttermilk Pancakes are a sure winner to my heart, what beauties!

Thanks for all the great ideas for strawberries!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 17, 2013 at 11:40 am

I read this post as I have 5 pints of strawberries in my fridge right now. Can’t beat this week’s sale!! I put some into a smoothie this morning and am making muffins tomorrow. I can’t get enough of them! Definitely one of my favorite berries to cook and bake with. Have I ever told you how much I love those sprinkle pancakes? I’m sure I have. I would love them on my birthday next weekend!! Have a great weekend friend.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

It’s your bday next weekend? Well happy bday!!! :)
      xo

Gloria @ Simply Gloria — May 17, 2013 at 11:45 am

What a beautiful bunch of recipes you’ve put together! I’m still so in love with those pancakes! I love this time of year…with all the fresh strawberries to create such wonderful recipes like these!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — May 17, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Strawberries are so amazing. And all the recipes you use them in look to die for! Growing up my mom would clean/cut strawberries, sprinkle a little sugar on top and keep them in the fridge. I used to always sneak a strawberry and roll it in more sugar. Maybe that’s where this sugar addiction started!? LOL I must, I must make the strawberry butter-it always looks so appetizing!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes — May 17, 2013 at 2:02 pm

What a delicious roundup. I don’t think there’s a way to eat strawberries that I don’t like. Thanks for linking to my cheesecake.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 17th, 2013 at 3:37 pm

I loooove that photo shoot of your cheesecake, Barbara. I could stare at those pics all day!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — May 17, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Girl, I am totally crushing on all of your strawberry recipes! Oh, how I adore strawberries and cherries. Summer rocks! And, you ROCK, m’lady! Pinning! xo

Beauty Balm — May 17, 2013 at 2:58 pm

oh wow these look amazing! My all time fav is strawberry pavlova or strawberries and clotted cream – yum! x

Heather @ French Press — May 17, 2013 at 4:51 pm

not sure which I should try first. I wish we had planted more berries :) I think the jelly rolls will be up first this weekend

ATasteOfMadness — May 17, 2013 at 9:06 pm

I love how colourful this post is! And I love strawberry recipes, definitely bookmarking this so I can make one :)

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — May 17, 2013 at 9:10 pm

These all look so good! I am seriously wanting those pancakes right now!

Phil @ Soup makers — May 18, 2013 at 3:09 am

So many ways to use strawberries that i don’t know were to start as they all look amazing

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — May 18, 2013 at 7:07 am

Ahhhhh I love strawberries, so happy strawberry season is here!

Trish - Mom On Timeout — May 18, 2013 at 4:05 pm

We’ve been picking strawberries right and left from our garden and now I’m just gonna have to start picking and choosing which of these fabulous recipes to make :) They ALL look incredible!

Jaclyn — May 18, 2013 at 7:17 pm

These all look amazing! I love strawberry anything.

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — May 20, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I would totally eat every single one of these! Yum. :)

Nutmeg Nanny — May 21, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Oh, these ideas are so lovely :) strawberry season is my favorite!