20 Labor Day Party Recipes Not to Be Missed

Labor Day Weekend is the golden send-off to summer. Goodbye watermelon and ice cream. Hello apples and pumpkin.

I’m always sad to see summer go. I could lie and say I like the change of seasons and am ready for cooler weather, but I’m not.

20 Labor Day Party Recipes Not to Be Missed - Easy, Crowd-Pleasing Recipes at averiecooks.com

The only thing good about the end of summer is an excuse to throw a party and eat party food.

But I’m not partying. I’m packing.

If you are partying or getting together with people, these 20 Recipes will be a hit at any party:

1. Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars (no-bake, vegan, GF)

Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars (vegan, gluten-free) - Recipe at averiecooks.com

2. Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Gluten-Free)

Two-Ingredient Peanut Butter Cup Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Gluten-Free) - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

3. Spinach Artichoke Dip – vegan, gluten-free, fat-free, serve warm or cold, 5 minutes to make

4. No-Ice-Cream-Maker Funfetti Cake Batter Golden Oreo Ice Cream

No-Ice-Cream-Maker Funfetti Cake Batter Golden Oreo Ice Cream - Recipe at averiecooks.com

5. Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip – Make in 5 minutes

Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (gluten-free)

6. Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars

Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars - Easy One-Bowl Recipe at averiecooks.com

7. Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix (no-bake) – Make in 5 minutes

Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix (no-bake) - Make in 5 minutes

8. 30-Minute Cheesy Avocado Skillet Pizza Bread (whole-wheat, vegan)

30-Minute Cheesy Avocado Skillet Pizza Bread (Whole-Wheat & Vegan) - Recipe at averiecooks.com

9. Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies

Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies (from scratch not a mix) - Recipe at averiecooks.com

10. Chips and Cheese Chili Cheese Casserole (vegetarian/vegan, GF)

11. No-Ice-Cream-Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream

No-Ice-Cream-Maker Salted Caramel, Bourbon, Nutter Butter and Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream - Recipe at averiecooks.com

12. Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Almonds (vegan, gluten-free)

Rosemary Chipotle Roasted Almonds (vegan, gluten-free)

13. Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies

Softbatch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies - Recipe at averiecooks.com

14. Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans (vegan, GF)

Bourbon Maple Slow Cooker Baked Beans (vegan, GF) Recipe at averiecooks.com

15. Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars

Soft and Gooey Loaded Smores Bars - Fast and Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

16. Macaroni and Cheese Baked Cheese Balls

17. Peanut Butter-Swirled Cheesecake Bars with Brown Sugar-Graham Cracker Crust

Peanut Butter-Swirled Cheesecake Bars with Brown Sugar-Graham Cracker Crust - Easy, One-Bowl, No-Mixer Recipe at averiecooks.com

18. Malibu Sunset

Malibu Sunset from Aruba - Fun, Fruity, Easy Drink Recipe & Island Pics at averiecooks.com

19. Peach Mango Pineapple White Sangria

20. 5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic)

5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic) - Easy Recipe at averiecooks.com

Thanks for the entries in the $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway!

How are you going to celebrate Labor Day? Food you’re making or planning to eat?

36 Responses to “20 Labor Day Party Recipes Not to Be Missed”

Mallory — August 30, 2013 at 12:11 am

All these recipes look so good! I wish I could make them, but now that I’ve moved to another country, I don’t think I can find half of these ingredients at the store. I would love to be able to bake cookies, but I don’t have an oven :(

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 12:14 am

Well if you don’t have an oven, it would be pretty hard to bake anything! And with almost all of my recipes, the ingredients are very basic…butter, sugar, flour, etc. The most ‘unusual’ ingredient is probably like…graham crackers or marshmallows. But I know it can be challenging when out of the country to find things you’re used to. Good luck at least securing an oven!

Belinda @themoonblushbaker — August 30, 2013 at 12:23 am

I might not have Labour day in Australia but father day is coming up on the first Sunday of September, so I think he will be very happy for me to cook up some of these delights!

Tara | Treble in the Kitchen — August 30, 2013 at 2:00 am

YES! These all look like perfect Labor Day weekend treats…don’t be surprised if I make one (or something from your cookbook!!)

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — August 30, 2013 at 3:11 am

Fabulous summer recipe recap, Averie! Making something from your PB Comfort cookbook and Lori’s cookbook this weekend. Both to be featured on the blog in the next couple weeks. Still loving the styling and photo of your 5-Calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz…so inviting and refreshing! Have a wonderful Labor Day holiday weekend (outside of packing)! xo

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 3:53 am

Thanks for the sweet comment, as always! And LMK what you end up making from my book!

Paula — August 30, 2013 at 3:48 am

It’s time to paint the outside of the house (and give it a little color change too), so it sounds like we’ll both be doing some home related “laboring” over the weekend! I am also making a big batch of your tomato chutney with the half dozen softball size tomatoes my husband brought home again (oh that recipe is sooo good)! I’m anxious to hear about your new oven and stovetop once you get all moved and settled in. Good luck packing!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 3:53 am

Oh wow, I’m jealz of the tomatoes and chutney making going on! I just ate the last of the chutney I had on hand earlier today. And no time to make more til after I move. I am so glad you love that recipe. Me too :)

And painting the house. Oh, the joys. I hope you don’t labor too hard on that one. That’s the kind of project that is so good to be DONE with and so…meh…to start it!

Madison — August 30, 2013 at 4:11 am

All of these look so delicious–can I make every single one? :)

Laura Dembowski — August 30, 2013 at 5:38 am

Great recipe roundup, as always! I don’t like the change of seasons either. My mom says she does but then I remind her how awful winter is.

Melanie@carmelmoments.com — August 30, 2013 at 6:16 am

So many of these look good and are now on my to-make list. The Parmesan ranch snack mix looks especially good!

Tieghan — August 30, 2013 at 6:29 am

Yay! Thank you for this! I am still planning out my menu and so many of these look perfect!!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Well enjoy your holiday and your menu, whatever goes on it, I’m sure it will be fabulous!

Kare @ Kitchen Treaty — August 30, 2013 at 6:43 am

That cheese dip is calling my name! Total comfort food, which I desperately need right now. We’re not only losing our Labor Day weekend to moving, we’ve lost our entire summer to selling/buying/moving. But it’ll all be worth it! Best of luck with your move.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Congrats on buying a place. That’s AWESOME!!! The move will be so worth it b/c it’s YOURS and you can stay there forever if you want!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — August 30, 2013 at 7:16 am

So many sweet recipes to be enjoyed! So many recipes to pin!

Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — August 30, 2013 at 9:51 am

LOVE these scrumptious snacks, cocktails and desserts for Labor Day, Averie! Makes me wish I was having a party, but no plans here (yet)! Have a great weekend.

Shashi @ http://runninsrilankan.com — August 30, 2013 at 10:50 am

Gawwwsh! I want ALL of these – your treats are so gorgeous!!!!
    Happy Firday

Jamie@Milk N Cookies — August 30, 2013 at 12:36 pm

What a great list of recipes! Monday holidays are fantastic because it means we have the whole weekend to cook and bake in preparation. I’m thinking of whipping up the spinach-artichoke dip — that’s always a crowd pleaser, and I love that your version includes the option to make it healthier — or not!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Thanks Jamie & LMK if you make the dip!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — August 30, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Great roundup of recipes, Averie! That ice cream is especially calling me….Have a great weekend!!!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — August 30, 2013 at 1:03 pm

Such a tasty round-up, I love the look of that spinach & artichoke dip!

Cassie | Bake Your Day — August 30, 2013 at 3:41 pm

ALL of these look fabulous. I think I just figured out why I like summer holidays so much – the snacky-nature of the food! Such a great list!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 3:49 pm

the snacky nature — YES! Great assessment. And I agree!

Ali | Gimme Some Oven — August 30, 2013 at 4:45 pm

Holy smokes — I want to be at YOUR place on Labor Day weekend!!! These all look outstanding, Averie! :)

Monica — August 30, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Good luck on your move; Iknow it is a huge project but I’m sure it will be wonderful once you settle in. The food and treats look awesome. I’m sad to say goodbye to watermelon and all the great produce…I’m still going to eat ice cream though! ; )

GiGi Eats Celebrities — August 30, 2013 at 9:52 pm

OMG OMG! Anything FunFETTI needs to get IN MY MOUTH! ha ha!! :) If you’re making all of this this weekend, wow, everyone you’re feeding is SO LUCKY!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I wish I was having a big party. It’s called a party with boxes and packing. Moving soon and packing my little heart out this weekend. Hope your weekend will be more fun than mine!

Michele Sparrow — August 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm

I missed the post that you are moving! Congratulations that you are moving to a new place that is airier and lighter and NEW to you! I know what you mean about packing and all of that, but think how organized and clean everything will be after you are all unpacked on the other end. :-)

I am starting a fast on Labor Day. Ugh. It is mainly for the health of my kidneys but it is always a challenge. This time it will be water only. Yippee. :-)

Of course, I will be cooking for my family, though! Have a great weekend, Averie! :-)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 10:50 pm

I just cannot imagine living on WATER…for days. I just did a 3-day cleanse last week. Will be blogging about it soon. But it was much easier this time around than last. Knowing what to expect for one thing and for another, way easier to drink juice when it’s hot out than in March when it’s cold. But I will say, there were moments, at night especially, where I was hungry. 3 days – there’s an end-of-tunnel mentality. But what you do…I have NO IDEA how you do it. Or how the body really functions. I’ve googled it and read about it. But it’s still…baffling? I guess to me! But you have to do what makes sense for you!

And moving. Yes. Wrote about it in my Weekend Things last weekend. Packing.is.the.worst. Time to get back to it now…ugh!

Katie — August 30, 2013 at 10:14 pm

I do NOT want the seasons to change. I want it to be next summer already!

A little bit of me dies every time I see that cheese dip. My favorite snack in high school and college was melted velveeta with diced jalapenos mixed in, poured on a sheet of tortilla chips and broiled until crispy. I ate it every night.

Sigh.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 30th, 2013 at 10:47 pm

And living in San Diego is as close to season-less as it gets. No wait, Aruba. It’s on the equator. The sun rises and sets at 6a/6p, year round. And it’s always 88f-92f, rarely more or less.

Your h.s. and college snack is just what that dip is! It’s Velveeta with a can of diced jalepenos and nuked until melty. Except you took it one step further with the broiled. My afterschool snack growing up was a plate of Doritos, topped with cheese, and nuked. I could eat plate after plate. Omg so good. :)

Eva @ Eva Bakes — August 31, 2013 at 5:13 am

These recipes will be sure to please a crowd! It is hard deciding which ones to make. Maybe I need to throw parties every week so I can try them all. :)

Bree (Skinny Mommy) — September 3, 2013 at 10:19 am

What a great collection!

Jocelyn@BruCrew Life — September 5, 2013 at 8:09 pm

Oh girl, this recipe list is awesome, gorgeous, wonderful… I could go on and on ;) Love every single one!!