Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip

I love dips and this one hits all the elements.

Fast, easy, no-bake, creamy, cheesy, and loaded with ranch flavor.

Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip - A no-bake, easy dip that's packed with bold flavor! A perfect party dip & you get to eat the bowl!

It’s the type of dip you just want to babysit with a fistful of chips so you can keep on dipping. One after the next.

And after your chips run low, you can move on to nibbling the bread bowl. Don’t waste perfectly good carbs.

To make the dip, simply stir together cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese, and a packet of ranch dip seasoning mix. I used McCormick, but you can use a storebrand or stir together onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper, to taste. But for about a dollar, I went with the mindless ease of a packet.

You can use lite or lower fat versions of both the cream cheese and sour cream, or traditional versions.

Even though it takes just minutes to stir the ingredients together, you can make the dip a few days in advance and keep it airtight in the fridge until you’re ready to transfer it into the bread bowl for serving.

If you’re having a party, it’s one less thing to do the day of, and it gives the flavors time to marry. A win-win.

The ranch flavor is bold and intense, and my daughter told me this was one of my best dips ever.

We went to town on it, switching between potato chips, bread, and sweet potato chips.

It’s a perfect backyard bbq, pool party, or game day dip. I’m thinking Memorial Day weekend.

Just make sure you have plenty of nice cold beverages to wash it down with.

Print Print Recipe

Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip

I love dips and this one hits all the elements. Fast, easy, no-bake, creamy, cheesy, and loaded with ranch flavor. You can use lite or lower fat versions of both the cream cheese and sour cream or traditional versions. I used a blend of white cheddar, Pepper Jack, and mozzarella cheese. Use what you have and enjoy. The ranch flavor is bold and intense, and it’s the perfect backyard bbq, pool party, or game day dip. Just make sure you have plenty of nice cold beverage to wash it down with. Dip can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept airtight in the fridge until ready to transfer to the bread bowl for serving.

Yield: about 3 1/2 cups

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 0 minutes

Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:

8 ounces cream cheese, very soft (lite is okay)
8 ounces sour cream (lite is okay)
about 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, measured loosely piled (American, Colby, pepper Jack, Monterey Jack, cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite)
1-ounce packet ranch dip seasoning mix (I used McCormick; substitute with individual spices to taste if preferred, including garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, etc.)
one 6 to 8-inch round loaf of bread

Directions:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients (except bread) and stir until combined. The softer the cream cheese is, the easier stirring is; set aside.
  2. With a serrated knife, slice off the top of bread in a circle, about 1-inch from the edge. Go down deep enough with knife to hollow out and remove interior section of the bread. If necessary, use your fingers to remove interior section of bread; save for dipping if desired.
  3. Transfer dip into bread bowl and serve immediately with chips, crackers, veggies, etc. Dip can be made up to 3 days in advance and kept airtight in the refrigerator. Do not place dip into bread bowl until ready to serve because the bread will get soggy. Dip will keep airtight in the refrigerator for about 5 to 7 days.

Related Recipes

Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Onion Dip (gluten-free) – One of my favorite dips and I used to think I hated onions. Stir it together in one bowl in minutes and bake for cheesy comfort food

Creamy Baked Double Cheese and Sweet Onion Dip - Cheesy, comforting & easy dip that everyone loves! Recipe at averiecooks.com

Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix (no-bake) – Pretzels, peanuts & popcorn tossed with ranch mix! Ready in 5 mins & so addictively good

Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix - Pretzels, peanuts & popcorn tossed with ranch mix! Ready in 5 mins & so addictively good!

Loaded Baked Tater Tot Dip –  Favorite baked potato fixings baked together in a dip

Baked Triple Cheese and Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip – Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection

Baked Triple Cheese & Salsa Tortilla Chip Dip - Loaded with 3 kinds of cheese & baked to browned, bubbly, golden perfection! Always a hit at parties & great for Superbowl! Easy recipe at averiecooks.com

Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF) – aka Queso Dip or Ro-Tel Dip – Comes together in five minutes in the microwave. Creamy, cheesy, with just a bit of heat

Double Melted Cheese and Red Pepper Dip (GF

Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF)

Baked Spinach, Artichoke, and Mozzarella Dip (GF) - Classic spinach & artichoke dip with mozzarella on top! Because everything is better with cheese!

Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Fat-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free)

Lightened Up Spinach and Artichoke Dip (Fat-Free, Vegan, Gluten-Free)

The Best Baked Brie with Balsamic Cherries

The Best Baked Brie with Balsamic Cherries - Only 3 ingredients & ready in 15 minutes! So easy & it really is the best!

Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini

Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini - Like bruschetta, but with avocado & who can say no to avocado and cheese! A fast & easy appetizer everyone loves & ready in 15 minutes!

Corn and Double Cheese Dip (vegan, GF, fat free, serve warm or cold) – A five-minute dip to toss together and full of texture from the corn and peppers. It can also be baked like today’s dip if you have extra time

Cheater’s Guacaomole (vegan, GF) – Nothing to dice, mince, or chop in this easy guac

Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Parmesan Dip (GF) – Even people who say they don’t like cauliflower will love this healty, easy version

Roasted Cauliflower with Creamy Parmesan Dip - Even people who say they don't like cauliflower will love this version! Healthy & easy!

Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks – Comfort food goes skinny so you can still indulge without the bulge

Skinny Two-Ingredient 110-Calorie Mozzarella Cheese Sticks - Comfort food goes skinny so you can still indulge without the bulge! And so fast & easy to make!

58 Responses to “Creamy Ranch and Cheese Bread Bowl Dip”

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness — May 12, 2014 at 3:54 am

I have been making everything Ranch flavored lately – I can’t get enough! So, logically, this dip is the perfect next step! And, I will definitely not waste those carbs…I love me a good bread bowl!! Pinned :D

Tasha @ Thatssoyummy — May 12, 2014 at 3:57 am

I wonder if I could eat this for breakfast… drooling!

Chloe — May 12, 2014 at 3:59 am

You make the BEST dips! This one looks amazing!!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 12, 2014 at 4:06 am

This looks incredible, Averie! I can only imagine how quickly this would go at a party!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 4:08 am

And I hope your cleanse is going okay!!

• Marie @ Little Kitchie replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 4:30 am

Thank you!!! Starting my last day right now – woohoo!

Colleen @ What's Baking in the Barbershop?! — May 12, 2014 at 4:31 am

This is for sure a recipe to please any crowd! Awesome recipe for upcoming summer holidays and bbq’s :)

Laura @ Raise Your Garden — May 12, 2014 at 4:46 am

I always love any recipe with the words “no bake” in it because it screams easy to me.

And am I the only one who occasionally makes dips for dinner? That’s acceptable, right……?!?

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 6:27 am

I make a meal out of dips ALL the time!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — May 12, 2014 at 5:12 am

I absolutely love using bread bowls for dips! They are so easy and very eye-catching, too! Sounds like this dip would be a perfect fit for it! Pinned!

lisatberry — May 12, 2014 at 5:15 am

Bread bowl dips are the best…I love the bread part that is left when the dip is gone…so good. Perfect snack for poolside. I bet this dip would even taste great warmed up but so nice that you don’t have to.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 6:26 am

It would be a great fall/tailgating/warmed up dip, you’re right!

Melanie @ Carmel Moments — May 12, 2014 at 5:21 am

Good golly! That looks amazing. Anything that is a dip and involves cheese…I’m in. Fabulous!
    Have a marvelous Monday Averie!

Faith @ Pixie Dust Kitchen — May 12, 2014 at 7:04 am

That looks amazing! Fast, easy, cheesy, and no bake- seems like the perfect dip to me!

Layla @Brunchtime Baker — May 12, 2014 at 7:04 am

I love the texture of this dip– it looks amazing!

Paula — May 12, 2014 at 7:05 am

This looks yummy–you can’t go wrong with bread and cheese! Those sweet potato chips look pretty good too–especially with ranch. Love this–it’s different than the usual spinach dip in a Hawaiian bread bowl ( which is pretty tasty too)!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 11:51 am

I was in Aruba and beggars couldn’t be choosers with what ingredients I could find and it was no-bake and easy…so that’s the name of that tune :) I love Hawaiian bread. And with spinach dip, I’d never leave that bowl, but yes it’s nice to mix it up too!

Chelsea @chelseasmessyapron — May 12, 2014 at 7:10 am

I LOVE dips! Especially when they are in bread bowls :) Delicious flavors going on too – ranch is always good in dipping form! Pinned!

Mondo | I bake he shoots — May 12, 2014 at 8:13 am

I shouldn’t be eating this(lactose intolerant), but damn, this looks good!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 12, 2014 at 9:30 am

Love this! I love ranch and cheese together! And I would totally eat the bread bowl afterwards!! :) Pinned!

ami@naivecookcooks — May 12, 2014 at 10:11 am

This dip looks so good Averie!

Belinda@themooblushbaker — May 12, 2014 at 10:21 am

All I can think about right now is when that delicious dip is gone that bread bowl is mine, and only mine, for the taking!

laramealor.com — May 12, 2014 at 11:19 am

You had me at creamy ranch! I love that it can be made ahead of time! great for summer parties.

Becca @ Amuse Your Bouche — May 12, 2014 at 11:47 am

Omgggg Averie this looks insane! There is definitely a time and a place for such an indulgent dip, and I think that might just be here and NOW! ;)

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance — May 12, 2014 at 1:16 pm

This reminds me of the dips my family used to make for family get togethers. The chips were always demolished and the bell pepper, carrot, and celery sticks were always left behind. Such a great flash back, and looks super tasty!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 12th, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Glad it’s a trip down memory lane for you :)

Danae @ Recipe Runner — May 12, 2014 at 2:10 pm

Wow! Fluffy cheesy ranch heaven! I love that I can eat the bowl too when I run out of chips. Perfect for BBQ’s this summer!

Jessica @ Sweet Menu — May 12, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Fantastic Averie! This looks like the best party saver. Have to keep it in mind for our next family picnic!

Polly @ Tasty Food Project — May 12, 2014 at 3:45 pm

This would make such a great party appetizer! Love the bread bowl! Looks amazing!

Katie — May 12, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I could eat ranch by the spoonful. I love that stuff.

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — May 12, 2014 at 5:01 pm

I had a recipe for a dip in a bread bowl that was always soooo popular. And I have long lost it. This is so fun. Who doesn’t love ranch flavoring? It would
    definitely make a great party or barbecue offering.

Meredith — May 12, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Sounds like snacking heaven!

Elizabeth @ Confessions of a Baking Queen — May 12, 2014 at 6:29 pm

I love anything ranch flavored and then cheese too!! I would hog this all to myself :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — May 12, 2014 at 6:55 pm

Anything served in a bread bowl is good with me!! Especially with cheese. SO good! Pinned, of course!

Julie @ This Gal Cooks — May 12, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Forget the chips, I’d be picking away at the bread bowl right from the start! YUM! Pinned!

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — May 12, 2014 at 9:10 pm

I’ll take any excuse I can to get a bread bowl! Whenever I order my favorite black bean soup at Panera, I always ask for it in a bread bowl. My favorite part is when I finish the soup and can start tearing at the bread. The insides soften just enough to contrast even more beautifully than normal with the crusty outsides — so good! I need to start using bread bowls at home more often… One less dish to wash! ;) Already pinned!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 13th, 2014 at 4:02 am

Oh I have great memories of Panera soup bowls! I used to live in Chicago and there was a Panera on every corner and with the winter weather, I used to go there ALL the time!

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking replied: — May 13th, 2014 at 10:41 am

You’re so brave to go out in Chicago’s wintery weather. I hate the snow!! ;)

Jaclyn — May 12, 2014 at 10:04 pm

Ranch AND Cheese dip, now we’re talkin!! My mouth is watering!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — May 12, 2014 at 10:18 pm

This is the most epic dip ever! Jason’s camping so I skipped dinner tonight so you have no idea what I would do to stuff my face with this right now!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 13th, 2014 at 4:01 am

This is totally YOUR kind of food…LOL. I’ll take all your chocolate off your hands :)

Inês Oliveira — May 12, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Great idea! I have to do this soon ;)
    Have a nice week!

Crystal | Apples & Sparkle — May 13, 2014 at 12:41 am

OMG flavor city! I would need to make sure that company was coming to help me eat this, otherwise this dip would torture my soul trying to control myself around it! Yummy! ; )

• Averie Sunshine replied: — May 13th, 2014 at 4:01 am

I had to re-home some of this, promptly :)

Jennie @themessybakerblog — May 13, 2014 at 6:17 am

I’m all for nibbling the bread bowl. Um, I’ll just slip this here bread bowl under my shirt and promptly walk away to eat this in a corner alone. Looks amazing!

Samina | The Cupcake Confession — May 13, 2014 at 7:36 am

No way!!!!!! My stomach’s rumbling looking at this deliciousness in a bread bowl!!!!!!!!!! <3 I mean that ranch dip is insanelyyyyyyyy scrummy. I loveeeeee carbs and I love cheese infused dips. Life couldn't be better {read tastier} I don't think I'll be limiting myself to just chips or bread when it comes to this dip; everything that goes into my belly has to first pass through this delicious dip!!!!!! Yummmm *-*

Alexis V. — July 13, 2014 at 3:53 pm

This stuff is the bomb! I made this dip (minus the bread bowl) for a World Cup party today and it’s so good. I loved how it was literally only four ingredients thrown into a bowl to make this and paired with some ruffles, so addicting. Will be making this again, next time maybe even going the extra mile with the yummy bread bowl addition :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — July 13th, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Thanks for trying this dip and I agree that it’s amazing that 4 ingredients can taste so good :) Glad you’re happy with it, even w/out using the breadbowl!

Bev N — August 13, 2014 at 3:11 pm

This was really good! I didn’t have sour cream so I mixed up the rest of ingredients and added mayo until I liked the consistency. It makes quite a bit and is much better than store bought ranch dip.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 13th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Glad you were able to customize it and you’re right, it does make quite a bit!