Cooking with Pumpkin – Cookbook Announcement!

I’ve been waiting to formally announce this forever.

It’s been two years that I’ve kept it to myself, but two years feels like forever.

I wrote a second cookbook called Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie.

Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie by Averie Sunshine

About a month after I finished writing Peanut Butter Comfort in late 2012 I was contacted about writing a pumpkin recipes book.

I don’t know whether I was insane or just thought I was superwoman to say yes coming off the heels of one book and literally jumping right into the next. But I said yes and spent the remainder of 2012 and early 2013 writing Cooking with Pumpkin.

Although I was done writing it in the spring of 2013, I just missed the cutoff to have it ready for a fall 2013 launch. No one launches a pumpkin book at any time other than the fall because it would make no seasonal sense, so I waited. Another year.

Now, finally, the fall is upon us and my book is here! It’s available for pre-order on Amazon! It will be in stores like Barnes and Noble and Costco starting October 6, 2014.

The book is filled with over 50 of my favorite pumpkin recipes, and nearly every recipe has a glossy image accompanying it. I did all my own interior photography as well as the cover.

While there are plenty of desserts and sweeter treats, there’s also a savory chapter and a drinks chapter.

Some of my favorite recipes include:

Pumpkin Monkey Bread with Caramel Glaze

Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Butter

Pumpkin Buttermilk Pancakes with Vanilla Maple Butter

Hello Dolly Seven-Layers-Of-Magic Pumpkin Bars

Hello Dolly Seven-Layers-Of-Magic Pumpkin Bars

Nutella-Swirled Pumpkin Muffins

Nutella-Swirled Pumpkin Muffins

Whew. And there’s about 40 more. It’s surreal looking back at these photos because some I took nearly 2 years ago and now, finally, I can show them to you.

Looking back I don’t know how I made 50 different recipes using pumpkin, but I did and pumpkin lovers, you’re going to be in your glory.

I would greatly, greatly appreciate your support. Please head over to Amazon, spend $13 bucks, and purchase your copy of the book. Thank you so very much!! I know I have the best blog readers out there! Thank you all!

132 Responses to “Cooking with Pumpkin – Cookbook Announcement!”

Debbi Carroll — August 4, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Congratulations! You’ve just given me the perfect gift idea for my sister, the quintessential pumpkin lover!

teresa sulyok — August 4, 2014 at 7:43 pm

your recipes and photos look amazing. I must make the buttery pumpkin pretzles asap.

Leela — August 4, 2014 at 9:04 pm

Congratulations!

Becky @ lovetobeinthekitchen — August 4, 2014 at 9:35 pm

Oh my gosh, I am seriously SO excited! You are SO talented and I am just drooling looking at these pictures! I can’t wait to get your book. Congrats and thanks for all your hard work!

Laura — August 4, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Pre-ordered :). Peanut butter and now pumpkin–two of my very favorite baking ingredients! I’m surprised, given my love of sweets, that the recipe I’m most looking forward to is the one for pumpkin chipotle hummus…it sounds incredible.

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 3:37 am

Thanks for pre-ordering, Laura! And thanks for LMK what looks great to you – that’s helpful as an author/cook!

Kelly — August 4, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Love your blog, love your “Peanut Butter Comfort” cookbook, and now so excited to love your new pumpkin cookbook! Preordered!! (but secretly hoping that the release date gets moved up earlier, so I can start making all those delicious recipes!)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 3:37 am

Thanks for pre-ordering and I’ve actually had it before with other books when it’s on pre-order IF it does come out early, Amazon ships it early, even before it’s in bookstores :) Thanks for buying both my books!

arpet cleaning Balham — August 5, 2014 at 1:29 am

Congratulations for your new book! The recipes you shown in this post are great and I’m sure that these that you didn’t are even better! The pictures are glamorous! Everything looks mouthwatering.

Janet — August 5, 2014 at 2:43 am

Congratulations! The pictures of your recipes look gorgeous. Pumpkin is so good for us to eat. Have a beautiful day!!

Paula — August 5, 2014 at 3:52 am

How exciting! Congrats, Averie! I bet waiting for this to come out was the hardest thing ever!! Can’t wait to get one!Your photos are amazing as always!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — August 5, 2014 at 4:37 am

Congrats Averie! I know how very challenging this huge project was for you and now look at it! It’s just beautiful and those Fudgy Pumpkin Brownies with Fudgy Ganache have my stomach growling. What beautiful images, too! It’s so crazy to think about how long ago you shot this cookbook. I can’t even imagine your excitement now that it’s coming to life. Congrats!!!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 4:54 am

Oh Sally, you know the trials and tribulations of any book, and this one was not without it’s share of hair-tearing moments. You were by my side as I was in the trenches writing it, shooting it, etc. and we were even writing cookbooks together. I remember our emails, well today I got ahead on the book recipes, but fell behind on blog recipes, etc…oh gosh, that was like 2 houses ago and a lifetime ago for me :) Finally, FINALLY, it is here :) xo

Molly — August 5, 2014 at 4:43 am

Hooray!!!

Me: You know the woman who makes basically all the desserts I make? She wrote another cookbook!
    Husband: ….
    Me: Her name is Averie.
    Husband: Oh, Averie Cooks!

Yay! Congrats!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 4:52 am

I love that you AND your husband! know my recipes and make them :) Thank you for your support!!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — August 5, 2014 at 7:06 am

Hooray! This is so exciting Averie!!!! I can’t wait to read it!

Ashley | Blissful Basil — August 5, 2014 at 7:34 am

Congrats on your second book, Averie! It looks delicious and beautiful! Your recipes are always so creative, drool-worthy, and well-photographed, so it makes perfect sense that someone grabbed you for book 2 right after book 1. You’re such an inspiration!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 11:57 am

Thanks for the kind-hearted compliments!

Christina — August 5, 2014 at 7:54 am

Maybe I’m weird, but there’s no off season for pumpkin in my book. I freeze some in the fall to use year round. I’ll definitely pick up the book when it hits B&N. Grats!!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 11:56 am

There’s no off-season for me either. I just don’t post those recipes to my blog in say April :)

Alisa Fleming — August 5, 2014 at 8:13 am

Congratulations Averie! You are a true inspiration and probably a whiz at all things PB and pumpkin now!!

Melissa — August 5, 2014 at 9:24 am

So excited! I can’t wait! :)

Jaclyn — August 5, 2014 at 11:45 am

Congrats girl! You amaze me! I don’t know how you’ve been able to publish TWO cookbooks, I could never even find time for one!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 11:55 am

I truly don’t know how I did it either. Honestly most of 2011-13 is a blur because of two books, proposals, photography, it was…the most chaotic time ever! Whew. Glad that’s done :)

Alice // Hip Foodie Mom — August 5, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Averie!! Congrats to you!!! Can’t wait to get your new cookbook!!! woot woot!! so happy for you . . and what a great concept and focus. . and it’s coming out at just the right time of the year!!!

iram — August 5, 2014 at 3:22 pm

I am so excited for you. Don’t know whether to cal you the peanut-butter or the pumpkin queen! :D You have amazing recipes. I’ve been using them throughout the last 1.5 year and they get incredible results every time.
    I’ll order this book, I just have a quick ? does every recipe have a picture too?

good luck with everything

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Thanks for your support on both books! Glad the recipes have done well for you! And yes, there’s a picture for almost every recipe in this book. Just like PB Comfort!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — August 5, 2014 at 3:49 pm

OMG you are a total ROCKSTAR!!!!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — August 5, 2014 at 3:51 pm

Congratulations Averie! I hope you’re taking some time off before you start on book #3. :) I don’t know how you do it!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 5th, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Girl. No book 3. I cannot.even.think.about.that. I need to come up for air, be a mommy, breathe, and live a little :)

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — August 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

I am so ready for pumpkin now! Who makes these silly, arbitrary seasonal rules anyways!? Literally counting down the days until your cookbook comes out!

Meredith — August 5, 2014 at 5:31 pm

Congratulations! What an awesome cookbook!

Jenn@eatcakefordinner — August 5, 2014 at 5:57 pm

I am beyond excited for this new cookbook!!! I LOVED your PB book so much and I love pumpkin just as much as I love PB, so I know this one is a MUST HAVE. Can’t wait to get it. Congrats.

Katie @ Butterlust — August 5, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Ahhh congrats! I need that ice cream in my face right meow!! This one is definitely going on my birthday wish list :)

Denise @ Sweet Peas & Saffron — August 5, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Wow, Averie, Congratulations!! They all look amazing, but that monkey bread had me seriously drooling :)

Kelly @ Nosh and Nourish — August 5, 2014 at 9:11 pm

Congrats on your second book… everything looks lovely, especially those nutella pumpkin muffins, OMG!!!

Michele Sparrow — August 5, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Averie, congratulations! I am so excited for you to have completed such another endeavor! I just bought my copy and can’t wait to get it. I have made so many of your pumpkin recipes and I can’t wait to make more. Also, sorry for my absence on your page. I have been so tired and my business is just thriving so I have been busier that usual, with kids, hubby, job, etc! I will let you know when I get it and what I make first! xoxo

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 6th, 2014 at 3:32 am

Thanks as always Michele for your support and happy to hear you’ve been busy working on things with your business and of course tending to your lovely family – no apologies necessary! :) And yes tell me what you make first! xo

Annie @ Annie's Noms — August 6, 2014 at 1:46 am

Eeeeeek congratulations!!!! Last year I used pumpkin for the first time (I know I’m a little slow haha!) and I’m a complete convert, this book will be perfect for giving me more pumpkin ideas!!

Kate @ Diethood — August 6, 2014 at 7:53 am

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! I am soooo thrilled for you!! I’m heading over to Amazon right now and buying my copy! Can’t wait to open it up! Here’s to many MANY more books and successes! You rock!! ♥

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 6th, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Thanks for the preorder and the big congrats and well wishes! I appreciate it sweetie xoxo

Manali @ CookWithManali — August 6, 2014 at 12:59 pm

The book looks amazing Averie! :) Congratulations! I love your blog btw !

Brittany — August 8, 2014 at 7:16 am

Oh my, a whole cookbook dedicated to pumpkin recipes — I NEED this! :)

Congrats to you Averie. You’re an inspiration.

Julie Blanner — August 10, 2014 at 9:50 am

Congrats! All the pictures are gorgeous! I love pumpkin. :)

Jamie | Jamie's Recipes — August 11, 2014 at 6:02 am

Congratulations! You can never have enough pumpkin!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — August 14, 2014 at 5:25 pm

Extending the BIGGEST CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU, Averie! You absolutely deserve the utmost success that comes your way, and I’m glad you were crazy enough to delve right into Cookbook Numero Dos right after the first because I couldn’t see anyone else writing this book but you! Your recipes are always so successful, inventive and INSPIRING. I read your blog and instantly feel the itch to get back into the kitchen and create something simple yet stunningly divine. Can’t wait to get my hands on this copy! Congrats friend, I puffy heart you!

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 15th, 2014 at 12:32 am

What an awesome and heartfelt comment, thanks Hayley! I appreciate it! And thanks for all your comments today….you’re the best! xo :)

Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking — August 18, 2014 at 5:46 pm

Congratulations Averie!! I’ve been waiting for your announcement for a while. I noticed on your Pinterest profile that you were the author of both your PB & a pumpkin cookbook coming out this fall… I’m SO excited to see it!! And somehow, I still think you have a third one in you. :)

• Averie Sunshine replied: — August 18th, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Thank you and number three, no, cannot even imagine it. Omg, I would die. :) I would need a FT nanny, chauffeur, dishwasher, grocery shopper, personal assistant and every other role I end up doing normally but when writing a book, it’s all just supremely intense!

• Amy @ Amy's Healthy Baking replied: — August 18th, 2014 at 10:46 pm

I totally believe it. It’s hard enough keeping up with a blog, but adding a cookbook on top of that?? You’re my hero! Maybe one day when your daughter is old enough to drive so you don’t have to act as the chauffeur… Or do the grocery shopping… And when she’s tall enough to help with the dishes. It could work! ;)