The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
I have dozens of peanut butter cookie recipes on my blog. Check out the Related Recipes below for an ode to some favorites.
In my first cookbook there’s another dozen peanut butter cookies. But you can never have too many peanut butter cookies recipes and these are some of the best.
I couldn’t stop eating the cookies and they’re a spinoff of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies but made even easier and dare I say better.
One bowl, no mixer, and just four main ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, egg, vanilla. The previous recipe called for creaming the ingredients using a mixer but all you need is a spoon for these cookies.
What sets this recipe apart from many other peanut butter cookie recipes is that there’s no flour and no butter making them naturally gluten-free and dairy-free. Since there’s no butter and no flour what you’re left with is a cookie that’s full of bold, robust peanut butter flavor.
They have a lovely chewiness around the edges and are perfectly soft and tender in the middle. Don’t be tempted to overbake them because they won’t taste nearly as good.
The other nice thing about the recipe is that it doesn’t make too many, just 11 or 12 cookies which for me is a good thing. The more I have around, the more I’m tempted to devour. I’ve always loved flourless peanut butter cookies (and flourless peanut butter muffins and cakes) and I fell in love with the concept, all over again.
The Best Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
One bowl, no mixer, and a few ingredients is all you need for these easy cookies. What sets this recipe apart from many other peanut butter cookie recipes is that there's no butter and no flour making them naturally gluten-free. They're full of bold, robust peanut butter flavor, chewy around the edges, and perfectly soft and tender in the middle. I recommend classic peanut butter like Jif, Skippy, or similar rather than natural or homemade versions to help prevent spreading. Don't overbake or they won't taste nearly as good.
Yield: 11 to 12 medium cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 3+ hours, for dough chilling
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup creamy classic-style peanut butter or honey-roasted peanut butter (Jif, Skippy, or similar rather than natural or homemade versions. Sometimes natural versions work fine but not always; classic peanut butter is more trustworthy. I use honey-roasted.)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- To a large mixing bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine using a spoon. It takes some elbow grease and it's okay for the dough to be slightly granular because the sugar absorbs into the dough over time as the dough chills.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet), flatten slightly using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern if desired, and bake for 8 minutes, or until edges are set and tops are barely set, even if slightly underbaked and glossy in the center. Cookies firm up as they cool; don't overbake.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack. Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
My cookbook is all about peanut butter! Peanut Butter Comfort contains 100+ peanut butter recipes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies – Super soft, chewy, and no flour, no butter, and no white sugar used!
Big Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies – Super chewy, packed with PB flavor and just made for breaking apart at the crinkly seams!
Easy 4-Ingredient Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies – Soft, chewy, and made with an ingredient you’d never guess! It works and they’re perfect!!
Reese’s Pieces Soft Peanut Butter Cookies – Peanut butter lovers’ will go nuts for these super soft cookies loaded with Reese’s Pieces and chocolate!
Inside-Of-A-Peanut-Butter-Cup Cookies – Soft cookies that taste like the inside of peanut butter cups thanks to a special ingredient!
Soft and Chewy Triple Peanut Butter Cookies – PB is used 3 different ways in these melt-in-your mouth cookies! Batch size of just 8 cookies when you don’t ‘need’ dozens laying around!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast & easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways!
Soft and Chewy Toffee and Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (GF) – No butter and no flour used, super soft and chewy!
Trail Mix Peanut Butter Cookies – (GF) – NO Butter & NO Flour in these healthier cookies with trail mix baked right in!
Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter-Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookie Cups – Two kinds of PB in an extra-thick, soft, and chewy cookie!
Soft and Puffy Peanut Butter Coconut Oil Cookies – NO Butter and NO White Sugar used in these soft, puffy cookies that are bursting with peanut butter flavor. If you’ve wanted to start baking with coconut oil, these are so easy!
Thick and Soft Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (GF) – NO butter & NO flour used in these thick cookies that taste like peanut butter brownies!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies – 3 favorite cookies combined into 1 so you don’t have to choose!! Easy, no-mixer recipe, and always a hit!
Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Oatmeal White Chocolate Cookies – Combining 3 favorite cookies into one so you don’t have to choose which to make! Easy, no-mixer dough!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies – Chewy, filled with texture, and combines three of my favorite cookies in one! No mixer required!