15-Minute Sheet Pan Hawaiian Shrimp
15-Minute Sheet Pan Hawaiian Shrimp – Juicy pineapple, tender shrimp, and rice with a touch of heat and tons of tropical FLAVOR!! Made on ONE sheet pan, ready so FAST, and perfect for busy weeknights!!
How To Make Sheet Pan Hawaiian Shrimp
This sheet pan recipe is so easy, ready in 15 minutes, gluten-free, and there is a wonderful array of flavors and textures. I was eating it straight off the sheet pan because it was just that tasty.
It’s a perfect weeknight dinner recipe because it’s ready in no time and being that everything is made on one sheet pan, clean up is a total breeze.
Any extra you have makes great lunch leftovers for the next day.
Simply broil a diced bell pepper with fresh pineapple chunks for five minutes, add the shrimp, a soy-based sauce mixture, broil for another 3 minutes, add cooked rice, garnish with cilantro, and get ready to dig into a taste of the tropics.
I have only tried this recipe with fresh pineapple and I recommend it over canned for texture reasons as well as for the enhanced flavor it delivers. However, if all you have is canned chunks, they may work in a pinch.
What Kind Of Shrimp To Use
I used one pound of fresh, raw shrimp that I cleaned and deveined.
They were U15 shrimp, or 15-count, meaning about 15 shrimp per pound. I recommend 12-15 count shrimp for this recipe.
I don’t recommend using anything smaller than 18-count shrimp because they will cook so fast under the broiler and you easily run the risk of overcooking them. Not to mention, I don’t find small(er) shrimp have as much flavor as their larger counterparts.
Use shrimp you can literally sink your teeth into.
The Sauce Is The Flavor Maker
The sauce that coats every bite of this delectable Hawaiian chicken is made with:
- Soy Sauce
- Lime or Lemon Juice
- Chili Garlic Sauce
I used nearly 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce and it definitely adds some heat to the recipe. If you’re not a fan of spicier food, definitely dial this quantity back. If you’re on the wimpier end of the heat spectrum, I would say start with 1 teaspoon. You can always add more.
The pineapple and fresh cilantro both counterbalance the heat and everything just pairs so well together.
Plus, you are flavoring 2 cups of cooked white rice which can otherwise be very bland. The chili garlic sauce gives the oomph this recipe is calling out for.
If you’re not accustomed to cooking with your broiler, make sure you keep a close eye on your food at all times. Things can go from underdone to burnt in literally one minute.
Shrimp cook very quickly under the broiler, in just 2 to 3 minutes, which is a blessing when it comes to making a time-saving meal.
Just use caution to be sure not to overcook them because you don’t want to let them get rubbery and tough.
Favorite Easy Shrimp Recipes:
- 10-Minute Easy Shrimp Scampi – If you thought shrimp scampi was just a dish to order out at a fancier restaurant, think again. You can make mouth-watering shrimp scampi at home in less than 10 minutes!!
- Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp With Angel Hair Pasta – This is the kind of recipe my family loves. Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic. And it’s the kind of recipe I love because dinner is ready in 15 minutes and it’s so easy!
- Coconut Shrimp – Outback Steakhouse copycat. It’s fast, easy, and guaranteed to trump restaurant and take-out versions! Perfectly crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, and full of coconut flavor without being heavy or greasy!
- 10-Minute Honey Barbecue Grilled Shrimp – Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!
- 10-Minute Orange Chili Shrimp – The sweet-and-tangy Asian-inspired orange chili sauce is PERFECT on these big juicy shrimp!! An EASY, healthy recipe that’s sure to IMPRESS and ready in 10 minutes!!
- 1 large red bell pepper, cleaned and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups fresh pineapple (from about 1 small pineapple)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 to 4 tablespoons chili garlic sauce, or to taste (use much less if you are sensitive to heat)
- 1 to 1.25 pounds large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 4 cups cooked and warmed white rice (use two 8.8-ounce packages precooked ready rice to save time)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, for garnishing
- Preheat broiler to high. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup if desired.
- To the baking sheet, add the red bell peppers, pineapple, evenly sprinkle with salt and pepper, evenly drizzle with olive oil, and toss with your hands to evenly coat.
- Broil for about 5 minutes, or until peppers and pineapple are just beginning to soften.
- While food is broiling, to a small bowl, add the soy sauce, lemon or lime juice, honey, chili garlic sauce, and stir to combine; set aside.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven, add the shrimp, and stir to combine.
- Drizzle about half of the soy sauce mixture over the food on the sheet pan, return the pan to the oven, and broil for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the shrimp have just turned pink and are opaque.
- Add the rice, drizzle with the remaining half of the sauce, and stir to combine.
- Evenly garnish with cilantro and serve immediately. Recipe will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 299mg Sodium: 3032mg Carbohydrates: 82g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 28g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 39g
10-Minute Orange Chili Shrimp – The sweet-and-tangy Asian-inspired orange chili sauce is PERFECT on these big juicy shrimp!! An EASY, healthy recipe that’s sure to IMPRESS and ready in 10 minutes!!
10-Minute Grilled Honey Barbecue Shrimp — Fast, EASY, healthy, ready in 10 minutes, and the perfect way to enjoy shrimp!! Tender, juicy, and full of such great FLAVOR from the barbecue sauce and honey!!
10-Minute Easy Shrimp Scampi – If you thought shrimp scampi was just a dish to order out at a fancier restaurant, think again. You can make mouth-watering shrimp scampi at home in less than 10 minutes!!
Lemon Butter Garlic Shrimp With Angel Hair Pasta – This is the kind of recipe my family loves. Buttery noodles with juicy plump shrimp, flavored with lemon and garlic. And it’s the kind of recipe I love because dinner is ready in 15 minutes and it’s so easy!
Coconut Shrimp with Orange-Chili Dipping Sauce – Plump, juicy shrimp with a crispy, crunchy coconut coating!! Fast, easy, and better than you get in restaurants! Will be your new favorite shrimp recipe!
Easy Shrimp Cocktail – Goodbye overpriced deli trays. Learn the secrets to make your own perfect shrimp cocktail in 15 minutes! Juicy, sweet and sooo much more flavor!
Easy Roasted Shrimp with Green Goddess Dip – Healthy, foolproof, and ready in 10 minutes! The juicy shrimp and creamy dip are perfect together!! (it works great as a veggie dip or salad dressing too)
Better-Than-Takeout Shrimp Fried Rice — This is an easy, one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes and tastes better than takeout; it’s healthier and not greasy.
Easy Shrimp Cakes – Easy, ready in 10 minutes, and they taste better than from a fancy restaurant!
Baked Teriyaki Chicken and Rice — Chicken, rice, pineapple, and red peppers cook together in one pan for an EASY weeknight dinner that tastes like you’re in Hawaii! The homemade teriyaki sauce adds so much INCREDIBLE flavor!
15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple – Fast, EASY, and loaded with fabulous teriyaki flavor!! Tender chicken, juicy pineapple, and crisp-tender veggies make make for a DELISH one-pan meal with zero cleanup!!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple — Tender chicken with lots of pineapple makes you feel like you’re eating dinner on a Hawaiian vacation without leaving home!! Ridiculously easy, packed with flavor, and a hit with everyone!!