Blog Awards: Top 100 Health & Fitness Blog, Stylish Blogger
TGIF! What’s on your agenda for the weekend? I am working so nothing too exciting for me.
I am honored to be included in the list among so many other amazing bloggers, many of whom are friends. Thanks, OnlineDegrees.Org for the award!
I was also tagged by QuasiChick Ashley as a Stylish Blogger. I’ll take it. If for nothing else than I am ready for a fun post that I don’t have to think too hard on this morning.
I’m Supposed to Share 7 Things About Myself:
1. I grew up in Minnesota and went to college there, but never wish to feel frigid temperatures like that in the winter, or mosquito bites in the summer, so I live in San Diego.
2. I love Carmex lip balm and have tubes of it in almost every room, purse, bag, and car.
3. My ears are really sensitive to the cold (had tons of ear infections as a child making them super sensitive) and wear a hat or ear warmer even if it’s barely chilly or else I get a “Mr. Misty headache”. Good thing I live in San Diego! And this factoid probably makes me a very unstylish blogger.
4. I used to get 8-9 hours of sleep and thought I “needed” it, but get 5-6 hours for the past few years and seem to be doing fine. Even though my 2011 Intentions are for at least 6 per night.
5. I used to run 5k and 10k races all the time on weekends. At least 2-3 per month, every month, for about 5 years. Talk about race tshirt stash. But I haven’t run a race in 5 years, since before I got pregnant with Skylar.
6. I love spinach and artichoke dip. I haven’t had any in years but saw some at TJ’s yesterday that looked phenomenal.
7. I had no idea I could ever love someone so much.
From yesterday, I’m glad you enjoyed seeing my little grocery store and TJ’s stash. I try to limit how often I go to both, but sometimes I realize I am out of lettuce, which leads me to realizing I am out of bananas which leads me to buying more condiments. Nothing wrong with sauce, I tell ya.
It was especially fun hearing what other people tell you that you should pursue, and if you have pursued what they’ve suggested or not. And I am not pursuing a book deal, but thanks to everyone who said you’d buy my cookbook. For real? I feel like if I’d ever write a book one day, that talking about my life would be more interesting than my recipes, but not sure that would fly off the shelves or anything.
Snack: Vegan GF Granola
Don’t let the photo quality deter you from making this granola. Next time I make it, I need to take fresh photos. It’s really easy to make and you can bake it shorter for chewy granola or longer for crunchy granola. Usually granola has either gluten-containing flours, or isn’t vegan. So I created this recipe about 6 years ago when I had a major granola craving. Necessity is the mother of invention.
Or if Crackers are more your thing, try these Vegan GF Crackers
Homemade Mary’s Crackers, and you can bake these in the oven.
Tip: My Case of Coconut Water Give Away for 3 Winners!
Ends Saturday Morning – Enter Now!
1. What are your weekend plans? Or plans today?
I have errands to run, I need to work, hopefully will be spending some time with Scott and Skylar when I’m not working, and now, a 20 Minute At-Home Workout.
2. Share your 7 Facts! Or a couple. Or just a fact.
Ready, Set, Share:
See you later on. If all goes well, I may have some shopping finds to show you….