I hope you’ve had a nice weekend so far and are making the most of it. I was sorting through some photos on my iPhone and remembered why I took this picture of these plants.
Note the top row, on the left: Money Tree
I could use one of these. Or many of these.
My dad always said that money didn’t grow on trees. Really? According to The Trader it does.
What would you buy if money did grow on trees?
I have a few ideas:
1. Full time, on-call, in-home masseuse. I’m a self-admitted massage junkie.
2. Private plane so I could travel until my heart’s content, but avoid the cattle call and herding mentality that seems to be the norm with air travel and airports. And avoiding the TSA pat-downs would be nice, too, if I had my own plane.
I have absolutely no use for it other than to just admire it. But that’s what money trees are for. To buy things you don’t need and otherwise couldn’t afford or are highly impractical.
4. A shopping spree to West Elm
I love my West Elm furniture and I’m always tempted by the fabulous catalogs they send me and every time I drive past the store, I have to avoid my car turning into the parking lot all by itself. I could have a field day there.
5. A Williams Sonoma spree would be next on my list
I mean, does anyone need a margartiaville frozen concoction drink maker? Well, if you have a money tree that’s not an issue.
Even if you don’t have a frozen drink maker, you can still make a Taste of the Tropics Smoothie
6. If you had a money tree, you could donate an unlimited amount of funds for Caleb
Reader Andrea emailed me on Friday with this message, “On a whim I entered the Betty Crocker Gluten Free baking contest you featured on your blog. Out of over 1,000 recipes, ours was selected as a top 10 finalist. The person who gets the most votes receives $5,000.00 If we were to win, the money would be put toward Caleb and his therapies we are doing.”
If you’d like to help Andrea by voting on her recipe, click here and vote for ‘Caleb’s Peppermint Brownie Cakes’
7. A money tree would make it a snap to buy all of these lenses. I would love them all.
Anyone have a money tree or an Amex I can borrow? Some thieves in Europe already “borrowed” my Amex card this week for some fraudulent charges. Grrr. I guess they were in need a money tree, too. Too bad they thought I was their lucky ticket.
8. I’d love a personal chef if I had a money tree. Or a personal dishwasher, produce chopper, grocery store shopper or personal kitchen assistant.
Actually, I like cooking and creating and the “fun stuff” like Deep Dish Double Chocolate Golden Grahams Smores Bars (Vegan & GF options)
But I wouldn’t mind paying someone to handle things like the dirty dishes, or cleaning the cores out of strawberries or washing the romaine lettuce and chopping it all up.
Or someone to clean the chocolate off from all over the counter when I’m done making White Chocolate Cookies & Cream Fudge
It’s no-bake and really easy. But you still have to do the dishes. Darn.
1. How has your weekend been so far? What are you up to?
I’ve been spending time with the family, got a lovely run and some yoga in, and now we’re off to meet up with some friends at the park.
2. What would you buy with a money tree?
Can’t wait to hear your answers!
Last reminder for the Silpat Giveaway