Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
Mini food is my downfall. It’s so cute and easy to pop, one after the next.
The cute and easy factor, combined with pumpkin, and look out. Impossible to resist.
The muffins are soft, moist, fluffy yet pleasantly dense, and packed with fall spices. They’re so flavorful and make your house smell amazing. I’d scratch-and-sniff the walls if I could while they bake.
A nice bonus is that muffins is that they’re on the healthier side, at least that’s what I tell myself. There’s no eggs, dairy, or butter. Perfect if you happen to run out one of those ingredients, too.
The milk is Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and I love it. It only has 30-calorie per 8 ounces, tastes great, and if I need a milk for baking, vegan or otherwise, it’s what I use most often.
I recently used it in Pumpkin Pancakes, Dairy-Free Soft and Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes, Soft Vegan Pumpkin Cake, Soft and Fluffy Strawberry Banana Cake, Thick and Fudgy Peanut Butter Smoothies, Vegan Chunky Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins, 50-Calorie Copycat Skinny Caramel Frappuccinos, Honey Cornbread Muffins and more.
Coconut oil adds a nearly imperceptible undertone that’s sweeter and more fragrant than canola or vegetable oil and the muffins don’t taste coconutty, but substitute with another oil if you’d like. I prefer baking quickbreads with oil rather than butter because oil keeps them moister and springier.
The muffins are great on their own, but I can’t resist tossing them in cinnamon-sugar. I find the cinnamon-sugar sticks just fine without dipping the muffins in melted butter, which keeps them lighter.
As I ate 5 in about 5 seconds.
Mini Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Muffins
The muffins are soft, moist, fluffy yet pleasantly dense, and packed with fall spices. They’re on the healthier side, and there’s no eggs, dairy, or butter, making them accidentally vegan, perfect if you run out of ingredients. The cute and easy factor of mini food, combined with pumpkin, makes the muffins impossible to resist.
Yield: 2 dozen mini muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes, for cooling
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
pinch salt, optional and to taste
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted (vegetable or canola oil may be substituted)
1/4 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (other milks may be substituted including coconut, soy, rice, cow)
2 tablespoons mild or medium molasses
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon Sugar Coating
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray two 12-count mini muffin pans (or use one Non-Stick 12-Cup Regular Muffin Pan) very well with floured cooking spray or grease and flour the pans; set aside.
- Muffins - In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and optional salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugars, pumpkin, oil, milk, molasses, and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the wet pumpkin mixture over the dry ingredients, and stir until just combined; don't overmix. Batter is quite thick and if yours is seemingly too thick, add a splash of milk to thin it.
- Divide batter equally among the cavities of the prepared pans. Each cavity will be just under 3/4 full (don't exceed 3/4 full or they could overflow).
- Bake for about 11 to 12 minutes (start checking at 8 minutes and keep a very close eye on them because mini muffins cook quickly and all pan sizes and ovens vary), or until tops are set, springy to the touch, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs dangling but no batter (if making full-size, baking time will be similar to this recipe). Allow muffins to cool in pans for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing and placing on a rack to cool completely. They can be dipped in the cinnamon-sugar coating as soon as they're cool enough to handle.
- Cinnamon Sugar Coating - In a medium bowl, add the sugar, cinnamon, and stir to combine.
- Gently roll each muffin through cinnamon-sugar until evenly coated. Serve immediately. Muffins are best warm and fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Note the cinnamon sugar coating could liquify and 'melt' as the days pass because the muffins attract moisture, get softer as time passes, and the coating melts. Simply re-roll muffins through additional cinnamon-sugar if desired.
Adapted from Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
If you haven’t already pre-ordered it, Cooking With Pumpkin: Recipes That Go Beyond the Pie is my second cookbook and the official release date is October 6.
There’s over 50 pumpkin recipes including sweets, savory, drinks, and a photo for nearly every recipe. I’d be super grateful if you headed over to Amazon.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins – My favorite pumpkin muffin recipe, and it just happens to be vegan. Today’s muffins are adapted from this recipe
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake with Chocolate Ganache – The softest, moistest and best pumpkin cake! Easy & everyone loves it!
Cream Cheese-Filled Pumpkin Bread – Pumpkin bread that’s like having cheesecake baked in! Soft, fluffy, easy and tastes ahhhh-mazing!
Soft Vegan Pumpkin Bread with Brown Sugar Streusel Crust – You won’t miss the eggs or the butter in this fast, easy, and flavorful bread with a delectable crust
Cinnamon Sugar Mini Donut Muffins – Muffins that taste like decadent mini donuts! (But they’re baked and way healthier!)
Pumpkin Banana Bread with Browned Butter Cream Cheese Frosting – Soft, fluffy and so much better than another loaf of plain banana bread!
Fluffy Vegan Coconut Oil Banana Muffins – Soft & fluffy healthier muffins that you’ll never believe are made without eggs or butter!
Pumpkin Pancakes – Soft, fluffy, and packed with big pumpkin flavor! Perfect comfort food for chilly mornings when a smoothie just won’t do!
Please continue to SCROLL DOWN for the Averie Cooks comment box you are used to seeing.
Sign up to be a Silk member and be entered to win prizes each month like a tablet.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.