Candy Cane Blossom Sugar Cookies
Red sprinkles and candy canes mean Santa is on his way.
And I know Santa will have no problem polishing off a few of these.
We’ve all had Peanut Butter Blossoms and these cookies are the holiday version.
The cookies are soft, chewy, covered in red sprinkles and there’s a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss in the center. Use your favorite colored sprinkles and Kisses. There are so many varieties of both.
I love my recipe for Soft Sugar Cookies, but I took a shortcut and used Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Cookie Mix. Betty is your go-to for creating simple, yet memorable, holiday moments with your family.
As much as I love baking totally from scratch, the Betty Crocker Cookie Mix is a great shortcut especially when you’re making cookies with kids. Just combine the mix with an egg, a stick of butter, and stir together by hand. So easy.
BettyCrocker.com is your one-stop-shop for holiday inspiration and guidance. There are cookie ideas you can bake with your kids and recipes you can make in advance. Betty’s got you covered this holiday season.
I highly recommend chilling the dough before baking it and even though the packaging doesn’t indicate to, chilled dough is key for thicker cookies that aren’t as prone to spreading. I had much better results using chilled dough.
I brought these to a holiday party and everyone’s eyes lit up when they saw the plate of cookies.
I brought home a clean plate without so much as one leftover cookie.
Candy Cane Blossom Sugar Cookies
We’ve all had Peanut Butter Blossoms and these cookies are the holiday version The cookies are soft, chewy, covered in red sprinkles and there’s a Candy Cane Hershey Kiss in the center. Use your favorite colored sprinkles and Kisses. There are so many varieties of both. I highly recommend chilling the dough before baking it because chilled dough is key for thicker cookies that aren’t as prone to spreading. I brought these to a holiday party, everyone's eyes lit up when they saw the plate of cookies, and I brought home a clean plate.
Yield: 16 medium cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 to 11 minutes
Total Time: 2+ hours, for dough chilling
one pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ Sugar Cookie Cookie Mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
red sprinkles or sanding sugar, for decorating (or use your favorites)
16 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses, unwrapped (or use your favorite version)
- To a large bowl, add the cookie mix, butter, egg, and stir to combine.
- Using a two tablespoon cookie scoop, or your hands, form approximately 16 equal-sized mounds of dough.
- Sprinkle on or dredge each mound of dough through sprinkles.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (do not bake more than 8 cookies per sheet because these cookies spread) and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes (if your cookies are smaller, bake less; and keep a watchful eye on them since ovens very dramatically), or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool.
- Immediately after removing cookies from oven, add 1 Hershey's Kiss to the center of each cookie, pressing it down lightly. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 15 minutes before removing. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack. Cookies will keep airtight at cool room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Holiday Blossom Cookies
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!
The Best Peppermint Chocolate Cake – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer cake! Decadently chocolaty, perfectly pepperminty! Your new favorite cake!
Softbatch Funfetti Sugar Cookies – Move over cake mix. These easy, super soft cookies are from scratch & loaded with sprinkles!
Chocolate Kiss Powder Puff Cookies – Easiest cookies ever with only 3 ingredients! The Kiss in the middle makes everyone smile! So fun!
Chewy Sugar Sprinkles Cookies – Soft, extra chewy, with sprinkles baked right in!
Buttery Sugar Wafer Sandwich Cookies – So soft and buttery they just melt in your mouth!
Sugar Doodle Vanilla Cookies – Part soft sugar cookie, part chewy snickerdoodle, with tons of rich vanilla flavor!
Please continue to SCROLL DOWN for the comment box you are used to seeing.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker . The opinions and text are all mine.