Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
Who can resist big M&Ms and chocolate chips staring back at you?
I sure can’t.
The cookies are very soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and loaded with M&Ms and plenty of chocolate chips for an extra chocolate boost.
If you’re looking for a new favorite M&M cookie recipe, you’re going to love this one.
I love both of those recipes and you can’t go wrong with either. If you don’t have access to or want to use pudding mix, make the former.
The former uses corn starch to keep the cookies softbatch-style soft, while the later incorporates pudding mix into the dough. The pudding mix adds a subtle yet wonderful depth of flavor and the texture of the dough is just wonderful to work with.
Rather than re-making either of those recipes because they both make a heartier batch size than I needed in this already sugar abundant season, I combined elements of Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pretzel Chocolate Chip Cookies to create one perfect dozen. If you need more than a dozen, double the recipe.
They’re perfect holiday party cookies because they’re easy, festive, and just so good.
They’ll disappear just as fast as Santa does.
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies
The cookies are very soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and loaded with M&Ms and plenty of chocolate chips for an extra chocolate boost. If you’re looking for a new favorite M&M cookie recipe, you’re going to love this one. The pudding mix adds a subtle yet wonderful depth of flavor and the texture of the dough is just wonderful to work with. They’re perfect holiday party cookies because they’re easy, festive, make an even one dozen, and just so good. They’ll disappear just as fast as Santa does.
Yield: 12 med/large cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 minutes
Total Time: 3+ hours, for dough chilling
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (I used 1/4 cup of light and 1/4 cup dark)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3/4 cup M&Ms, plus more for adding to dough mounds
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for adding to dough mounds
- To the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or large mixing bowl and electric mixer) combine the butter, sugars (highly recommend using some dark brown sugar), egg, vanilla, and beat on medium-high speed until creamed and well combined, about 4 minutes.
- Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, pudding mix (just add it dry as if it's a dry ingredient, do not actually make pudding), baking soda, salt, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Add the M&Ms, chocolate chips, and beat on low speed until just combined, about 30 seconds.
- Using a large cookie scoop, 1/4-cup measure, or your hands, form 12 equal-sized mounds of dough, roll into balls, and flatten slightly. Tip - Strategically place a few M&Ms and chocolate chips on top of each mound of dough by taking M&Ms and chips from the underside as well as adding more as necessary for a nice pop of color.
- Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat or spray with cooking spray. Place dough mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet) and bake for about 10 to 11 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just set, even if slightly undercooked, pale, and glossy in the center; don't overbake. Cookies firm up as they cool. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for about 10 minutes before serving. I let them cool on the baking sheet and don't use a rack.
- Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
25 Holiday Cookie Favorites – The tried-and-true favorites are all here! If you need a holiday cookie recipe, this collection has you covered!!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – The softest, thickest, best M&M cookies ever! People love these big cookies loaded with M&Ms & chocolate!
Soft and Chewy M&Ms Cookies – Soft, melt-in-your mouth buttery cookies stuffed with M&Ms!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – This fast and easy cookie pie has peanut butter worked in 3 different ways. If you’re a peanut butter lover, this is for you!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter is use 3 different ways in these soft and chewy bars!
Homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – Some of the best brownies I’ve ever made!