Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups
Are you ready for football season and tailgating parties?
I love some good gluttonous party food as much as the next person but in an effort to lighten things up I made these rollups. They’re meat-free, dairy-free, and you can keep them gluten-free by using corn rather than flour tortillas. You’ll never miss the meat or dairy in these rollups because they’re packed with flavor.
There’s a creamy avocado spread I made by mixing avocado with Silk’s Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, the chipotle seasoning adds a nice kick, there’s bright and fresh cilantro, chewy sun-dried tomatoes, and the cheese is dairy-free. (Try brands like this or this)
Adopting a more plant-based diet can start with making a change just one day a week so why not start by sidelining meat during Monday Night Football games this season and take the #MeatlessMondayNight challenge.
The rollups are incredibly fast and easy to make and in 5 minutes you’ll be snacking away.
It’s usually the fast and easy recipes that go first at parties and these are no exception.
My friends gobbled them up at a recent get-together and you can easily double or triple the recipe depending on how many hungry fans you have.
Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups
In an effort to lighten up tailgating and football snacks, I made these rollups. They're meat-free, dairy-free, and you can keep them gluten-free by using corn rather than flour tortillas. You'll never miss the meat or dairy in these rollups because they're packed with flavor. There's a creamy avocado spread I made by mixing avocado with dairy-free yogurt, the chipotle seasoning adds a nice kick, there's bright and fresh cilantro, chewy sun-dried tomatoes, and the cheese is dairy-free. The rollups are incredibly fast and easy to make and in 5 minutes you'll be snacking away.
Yield: 2 large wraps, about 20 bite-sized pieces; recipe easily doubles, triples, etc.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 large (burrito-style) tortillas (flour or corn may be used)
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative (Greek yogurt or sour cream may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- about 8 slices of cheddar cheese, softened to room temp (white cheddar, provolone, or your favorite cheese may be substituted)
- 2 teaspoons chipotle seasoning, or to taste
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Place tortilla wraps on cutting board; set aside.
- To a medium bowl, add the avocado, yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and mash with a fork to combine.
- Spread half the mixture over 1 wrap and half over the other wrap, leaving a 1/4-inch bare margin.
- Add the cheese slices (about 4 slices per wrap depending on the size) in an even, flat layer noting that you may need to break the cheese in places to get coverage.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning, or to taste.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes.
- Evenly sprinkle each wrap with 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Roll each wrap up tightly and position so the seam is down. Using a serrated knife, slice into 1-inch segments and serve immediately. Rollups are best fresh.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Avocado, Cream Cheese, and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries – One of my most popular recipes in 2012 and 2013!
Easy Six-Layer Baked Taco Cups – Fast, easy, and accidentally healthy! Your favorite taco fixings in individually-portioned cups!
Do-It-Yourself Guacamole Bar – Make your own guacamole bar and have fun taste-testing the options! Great party idea that everyone loves!
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes!
Avocado, Tomato, and Mozzarella Crostini – Like bruschetta, but with avocado & who can say no to avocado and cheese! A fast and easy appetizer everyone loves and ready in 15 minutes!
Loaded Guacamole Nachos – Fresh, easy homemade guac on top of cheesy chips is totally irresistible!
Need more ideas for appetizers, snacks, dips, and tailgating parties? Check these recipes out!
Post is brought to you by Silk. The recipe, thoughts, images, and opinions expressed are my own. #MeatlessMondayNight
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.