Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars
These bars are famous. Well maybe not these exact bars but the original recipe is.
The original recipe has been Pinned over 1 million times and appeared on the cover of Taste of Home Magazine just over one year ago.
I made the original recipe on a whim because I was moving and had a half package of both Oreos and M&Ms open, didn’t want to move them, didn’t want to toss them, made the bars, and the rest is history.
The recipe is a spinoff on my trusty blondie base. When I want an easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that I know everyone will love, it’s my go-to. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down.
It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 cup flour. For this version there’s Oreos and M&M’s added.
I was on the hunt for red or green-filled seasonal Oreos but was just a bit too early when I made the bars a few weeks back. I think mint M&Ms or mint Oreos would be a great touch.
The bars are loaded with goodies in every bite.
Crunchy Oreos and crisp M&M’s are a great texture contrast to the soft, buttery bars.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Holiday Bars
An easy, fuss-free, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe everyone will love and it’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 cup flour. For this version there’s Oreos and M&M's added. Mint M&Ms or mint Oreos would be a great touch. The bars are loaded with goodies in every bite. Crunchy Oreos and crisp M&M's are a great texture contrast to the soft, buttery bars.
Yield: one 8x8 pan, 9 to 12 generous squares
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 18 to 21 minutes
Total Time: about 2+ hours, for cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 18 Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup M&M's (I used Dark Chocolate Red and Green M&M's)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Add the Oreos and stir to combine.
- Add the M&M's and stir to combine.
- Turn the batter out into prepared pan, smoothing it lightly with a spatula and pushing it into the corners. Tip - Strategically place a few Oreos and M&M's on top for visual appeal.
- Bake for about 18 to 21 minutes, or until top is set in center and done; don't overbake. Bars firm up as they cool. A toothpick test is a bit tricky because there aren't many bare batches, but if you hit a patch of just dough, the toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool for at least 90 minutes before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit at parties!
M&M’S Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars – Soft buttery bars loaded with M&M’S and chocolate chips are a guaranteed hit! Fast, easy, foolproof, no mixer recipe that’s so much simpler than making cookies!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter is use 3 different ways! Peanut butter lovers will go nuts for these!
Triple Peanut Butter Cookie Pie – You can never have enough peanut butter and this easy cookie pie is always a hit! Loaded with M&M’s and peanut butter cups!
Loaded Soft and Chewy M&M Cookie Pie – If you like M&M cookies, you’ll love this biggie version! Super easy and always a big hit!
Soft M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – People go nuts for these soft, buttery, slightly chewy cookies loaded with M&M’s and chocolate chips!
The Best Soft and Chewy M&M’S Cookies – Big, bakery-style cookies you can make at home that are BETTER than the bakery’s! An easy recipe for the classic cookies everyone loves!
Soft and Chewy M&M Chocolate Chip Cookies – If you’re looking for a new M&M cookie recipe, this is THE ONE! Soft, buttery, and irresistible!