Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet
If you need an easy, one-skillet, holiday breakfast or brunch recipe that’s sure to be a hit, this ought to do the trick.
Or if you just need a hearty, comfort food, breakfast recipe that’s worth getting out of bed for, here you go.
Drippy eggs, juicy sausage meatballs, tender hash browns, sweet Vidalia onions, a hint of garlic, and crisp-tender bell peppers all cook together in one skillet and it’s ready in 30 minutes.
Rather than classic eggs, bacon, and hash browns, I swapped out the bacon for Johnsonville Classic Italian Style Meatballs. They’re pre-cooked, so convenient, and like Johnsonville’s sausage links and ground Italian sausage, they come in a variety of flavors and spices, giving you more flavor and saving you time in the kitchen.
Not only did my family go nuts for this as breakfast, they loved it as brinner (breakfast-for-dinner). It’s perfect for busy weeknights when you want to get something warm and satisfying on the table in a hurry.
Easy Eggs, Sausage, and Hash Browns Skillet
If you need an easy, one-skillet, holiday breakfast or brunch recipe that's sure to be a hit, this ought to do the trick. Or if you just need a hearty, comfort food, breakfast recipe that's worth getting out of bed for, here you go. Drippy eggs, juicy sausage meatballs, tender hash browns, sweet Vidalia onions, a hint of garlic, and crisp-tender bell peppers all cook together in one skillet and it's ready in 30 minutes. The recipe is great as brinner (breakfast-for-dinner) and perfect for busy weeknights when you want to get something warm and satisfying on the table in a hurry.
Yield: serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 2 cups sweet Vidalia or yellow onions, peeled and diced small (about 1 large onion)
- one 20-ounce bag hashbrowns (I prefer refrigerated or thaw if using frozen)
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- about 20 Johnsonville Classic Italian Style Meatballs, thawed (about 1 pound meatballs; 1 pound de-cased Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Sausage Links or Johnsonville Fresh Italian Hot Ground Sausage may be substituted)
- about 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, seeded and diced small, optional for garnishing (I used a combination of red and yellow peppers)
- 1 tablespoon fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely minced (stems discarded), optional for garnishing
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, onions, and sauté for about 8 minutes over medium-high heat, or until onions are lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently.
- Add the hash browns, and a bit more olive oil if necessary, and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until hash browns are cooked through and lightly golden browned. Stir and flip intermittently.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for 1 minute. Stir intermittently.
- Add the meatballs, and sauté for 1 minute, or until meatballs are warmed through. Stir intermittently.
- Turn the heat to low, add the eggs evenly spaced around the skillet, and cook covered for about 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are as set as desired. Note that the eggs will continue to cook and firm up off the heat so if you like runny yolks, err on the side of less cooking time.
- Optionally garnish with the peppers, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, and serve immediately. Dish is best warm and fresh.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Easy One-Skillet Sausage and Peppers with Rice – Juicy sausage, crisp peppers, onions, and rice all cook together in one skillet! Makes cleanup a breeze! Packed with flavor and ready in 30 minutes!
Creamy and Crispy Hash Browns Frittata – Creamy eggs with crispy hash browns and made in one skillet!
Easy Spinach and Tomato Frittata – Ready in 10 minutes and healthy! Perfect for any meal!! Great for using up odds-and-ends veggies, too!
Asparagus, Peas, and Smoked Gouda Frittata – Even the pickiest eaters will eat green vegetables in this healthy and easy 25 minute recipe!
Sweet Potato and Mozzarella Egg Skillet (GF) – Easy, cheesy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes!
White Cheddar and Dijon Baked Eggs – Fast and easy comfort food that’s ready in 15 minutes! The Dijon and cheese jazz these eggs right up!
100-Calorie Cheese, Vegetable and Egg Muffins (GF) – Healthy, easy, and only 100 calories! You’ll want to keep a stash on hand!
Post is brought to you by Johnsonville. The recipe, images, text, and opionions expressed are my own. #SausageSunday #JohnsonvilleSausageSwap
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville Italian Sausage. The opinions and text are all mine.