One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
Fast, easy dinners with zero cleanup that are packed with so much flavor are always winners.
My family loved the moist, juicy, honey lemon chicken and the tender, roasted potatoes.
The honey lemon marinade drips from the chicken during baking which lightly coats the potatoes in a tangy-sweet sauce. I adapted the marinade from one of my daughter’s favorite meals which is also a reader favorite.
Fresh rosemary perfumes the entire dish beautifully. Chicken, potatoes, and rosemary were made for each other.
It doesn’t get any easier than chopping up potatoes and vegetables, drizzling with olive oil, and placing marinated chicken thighs on a baking sheet. Since I lined it with foil, cleanup was as easy as tossing away the foil.
I used Yukon gold potatoes but you can use your favorites from sweet potatoes to Russet. Make sure to cut them small enough so they cook through in the same amount of time it takes the chicken to cook. I recommend 1/2-inch pieces.
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes
Fast, easy dinners with zero cleanup that are packed with so much flavor are always winners.My family loved the moist, juicy, honey lemon chicken and the tender, roasted potatoes. The honey lemon marinade drips from the chicken during baking which lightly coats the potatoes in a tangy-sweet sauce. Fresh rosemary perfumes the entire dish beautifully and cleanup is as easy as tossing away the foil. Make sure to cut the potatoes small enough so they cook through in the same amount of time it takes the chicken to cook.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 30 to 35 minutes
Total Time: about 35 to 40 minutes
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for marinade + 2 tablespoons for tossing with potatoes
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend for marinade + more for sprinkling over potatoes if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 4 large Yukon gold potatoes (about 2 1/4 pounds), diced into 1/2-inch pieces and peeled if desired (I didn't peel them)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- about 8 sprigs fresh rosemary, each about 4-inches long
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced for garnishing, optional
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easier cleanup; set aside.
- To a large glass measuring cup or medium bowl, add the honey, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning blend, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and whisk to combine.
- Place chicken thighs in a large ziptop bag, cover with the honey lemon mixture, seal, and smoosh chicken to coat evenly; set aside to marinate while you prep the potatoes.
- To the prepared baking sheet, add the potatoes in an even, flat layer. Evenly drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, evenly sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper or with lemon pepper, and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the chicken thighs (skin-side up) over the top of the potatoes. Spoon about 2 to 3 tablespoons of marinade from the ziptop bag over the top of each piece of chicken.
- Place the rosemary sprigs next to the chicken, making sure the rosemary touches the chicken so the chicken picks up the flavor. About 2 sprigs on each side of each piece of chicken works well.
- Bake for about 30 to 35 minutes (I baked 33 minutes), or until chicken registers an internal temp of 165F. Watch chicken closely in the final moments of baking because the honey is prone to burning. Exact cooking times will vary based on size of chicken thighs and potatoes. Optionally garnish with lemon slices and serve immediately. Leftovers will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat gently as necessary.
Marinade adapted from Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta. Method and recipe adapted from One-Pan Honey Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
One-Pan Honey Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Juicy chicken and tender potatoes roasted on one pan! The barbecue sauce keeps everything super moist and flavorful! Fast, easy, and zero cleanup!
Honey Lemon Chicken with Angel Hair Pasta – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and you’ll love the tangy-sweet flavor!! A healthy weeknight dinner for those busy nights!
Easy 15-Minute Ranch Chicken and Vegetable Skillet – When you need a fast and easy dinner, this recipe is a keeper! Bold ranch flavor, adaptable to be made with your favorite veggies, and it’s healthy!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables – Easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy (no breading, no frying), and the orange flavor just pops! Perfect for busy weeknights, a family favorite, and you’ll make this over and over!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad – Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!
Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta – Juicy chicken coated in teriyaki sauce with crisp, crunchy veggies! Healthy, easy, 20 minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Kabobs – Juicy chicken and crisp vegetables coated in a sweet-and-tangy sauce!! Great for parties or easy weeknight dinners!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango – Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
Honey-Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Honey-Cinnamon Dip – The honey glaze and the creamy cinnamon dip make these potatoes irresistible!!
Lemon Rosemary Coconut Oil Roasted Vegetables (vegan, GF) – Roasted with coconut oil and the lemon and rosemary makes them pop!
Cinnamon Sugar and Ginger Roasted Potato Sticks (vegan, GF)
Lemon and Dill Roasted Potato Sticks (vegan, GF)
Caribbean Citrus Roasted Sweet Potatoes (vegan, GF)
Parmesan and Herb Roasted Potatoes – Easiest potatoes ever and packed with so much flavor! Olive oil, herbs, and everything is better with cheese!