Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars
But there’s always room for one more.
The bars are a spinoff of Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars with the addition of peanut butter cups.
When I want an easy, fuss-free recipe that I know everyone will love, I call upon my trusty blondie base. With 30+ versions and counting, it never lets me down. It’s an easy recipe to memorize because everything is ‘one’. In the 1 bowl used, melt 1 stick of butter, stir in 1 egg, 1 cup of brown sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and 1 cup flour.
For this version I added peanut butter, peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips.
The bars are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and have plenty of peanut butter flavor with enough chocolate to balance it. Between the butter, the peanut butter, and the peanut butter cups the bars are super moist and just melt in your mouth.
Peanut Butter Cup Peanut Butter Bars
An easy, fuss-free recipe that everyone will love. There's peanut butter, peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips. The bars are super soft, slightly chewy, buttery, and have plenty of peanut butter flavor with enough chocolate to balance it. Between the butter, the peanut butter, and the peanut butter cups the bars are super moist and just melt in your mouth.
Yield: one 8x8 pan, 9 to 12 generous squares
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 22 to 25 minutes
Total Time: about 90 minutes, for cooling
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1/3 heaping cup peanut butter (I use Jif, Skippy or similar; natural PB can separate and/or be too oily)
1 large egg
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- about 16 miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped (not to be confused with the smallest size that come unwrapped called 'minis')
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don't scramble it. Add the peanut butter, egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour and stir until just combined, don't overmix.
- Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly distribute the peanut butter cups over the surface of the batter, pushing each cup down as far as it will go.
- Evenly sprinkle the surface with additional chocolate chips, about 1 tablespoon.
- Bake for about 22 to 25 minutes, or until done. If you can find a chocolate chip-free patch to test, a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Allow bars to cool in pan for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving. Bars are best fresh but will keep for up to 1 week in an airtight container at room temp or up to 4 months in the freezer.
Adapted from Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake and topped with peanuts and peanut butter cups!! Rich, decadent, and amazing! A must-make for all peanut butter lovers!!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – Super soft bars that just melt in your mouth from all the peanut butter! And all the chocolate!
Peanut Butter Cup Cookie Dough Crumble Bars – Peanut butter cups baked into soft, gooey, chewy bars that are topped with sweetened condensed milk!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars – The taste and texture of cookies, minus the work of making individual cookies. Soft, chewy, and loaded with chocolate chunks!
Nutella-Swirled Peanut Butter Chip Blondies – Easy one-bowl, no mixer. Super soft and gooey!
Caramel Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Gooey Bars – Keep the napkins handy for these soft, gooey bars dripping with the best caramel-peanut butter sauce!
Triple Peanut Butter Monster Cookie Bars – Peanut butter used 3 different ways. Great for pantry odds-and-ends clean out!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Nutter Butter Bars – Nutter Butters baked in along with peanut butter and chocolate chips for a very rich and decadent treat!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Skillet Cookie – 3 fave cookies combined into 1 giant cookie! So easy & ready in 25 minutes. Pop it in before dinner & enjoy!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars – So much better than a bowl of plain oatmeal! Easy, portable bars perfect for snacks or breakfast on-the-go!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer brownies with a full-size peanut butter cup in every brownie! As fast as using mix and tastes way better!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dream Bars – Nutter Butter crust, chocolate pudding, and peanut butter cream cheese filling! Easy, almost no-bake, and beyond amazing! Lives up to their dreamy name!
Rolo Chocolate Chip Blondies – Gooey caramel, chocolate chips, and buttery soft dough! Easy, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that’s a guaranteed hit! Who can resist caramel and chocolate!