Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
I adapted my Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars which are a reader favorite and incorporated raspberry preserves. You don’t need fresh raspberries so you can make the bars year round.
The bars are soft, slightly chewy, and the hearty oats are a perfect contrast to the sweet jam. The big, buttery, oatmeal crumbles are irresistible.
The bars aren’t overly sweet and the raspberry flavor shines nicely making them an easy grab-and-go breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert. They happen to be egg-free which may come in handy for some people.
Raspberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
I love raspberries in all ways and if there's a crumble or streusel topping, the happier I am. It’s even better when the crust and crumble topping are one in the same so there’s one less step and one less bowl to wash which is the case with these supremely easy, no-mixer bars. The bars are soft, slightly chewy, and the hearty oats are a perfect contrast to the sweet jam. The big, buttery, oatmeal crumbles are irresistible. The bars aren’t overly sweet and the raspberry flavor shines nicely making them an easy grab-and-go breakfast, snack, or a healthy dessert and they're egg-free.
Yield: one 8x8 pan, 8 generous wedges
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 30 minutes
Total Time: about 2 1/2 hours, for cooling
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned whole-rolled oats (don't use quick cook or instant, they're finer and behave like flour and will make mixture too dry)
- pinch salt, optional and to taste
- about 12 ounces raspberry preserves (I used about two-thirds of one 18-ounce jar with seeds, use seedless preserves if preferred)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat on high power to melt, about 1 minute.
- Add the sugars, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, oats, optional salt, and stir to combine. Mixture will have some larger, well-formed crumble pieces as well as some sandier, dryer bits.
- Set 1 heaping cup mixture aside to be sprinkled on later as crumble topping.
- Transfer remaining mixture to prepared pan, and using a spatula or your fingers, hard-pack the mixture to create an even, smooth, flat crust.
- Evenly spread the raspberry preserves over the crust making sure there's complete coverage. Preserves should be about 1/8-inch to 1/4-inch thick.
- Evenly sprinkle with the reserved heaping 1 cup crumble topping mixture. Before sprinkling, I squeeze the mixture in my palm to encourage bigger crumble pieces to form.
- Bake for about 30 to 32 minutes, or until edges are set and center has just set and is lightly golden browned. Place pan on a wire rack and allow bars to cool for at least 2 hours before slicing and serving. Bars will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Adapted from Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Blueberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars – Fast, easy, no-mixer bars great for breakfast, snacks, or a healthy dessert! BIG crumbles and juicy berries are irresistible!!
The Best Raspberry Bread – There’s almost more raspberries than bread! Super soft and just bursting with juicy berries!
Berry Crumble Bars – Big buttery crumbles top the soft, juicy bars packed with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries! Easy, no mixer recipe that’s irresistible! (Frozen fruit okay!)
Raspberry Peach Crisp – Plump raspberries, juicy peaches, and a crunchy oat topping make this healthier treat totally irresistible!
Salted Caramel Buttery Crumb Bars – Easy, soft, buttery bars that just melt in your mouth! The salted caramel makes them so irresistible!
Blueberry Pie Bars – Super soft, easy bars with a creamy filling, streusel topping and abundance of juicy blueberries!
Strawberry Lemonade Bars – Imagine crossing lemon bars with a strawberry pie. These easy bars taste like strawberry lemonade!
The Best Glazed Mixed Berry Scones – If you’ve always thought scones were dry, this easy recipe will change your mind forever!