Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Fudge
Sometimes I crave something really rich and peanut buttery before I go for a long run. Or in the wee hours when I’m editing photos.
Some fuel that sticks to my ribs and makes my mouth do a happy dance. This fudge does the trick.
For those who only associate fudge as a holiday treat, or that it has to be chocolate, I encourage you to get over those thoughts. Your tastebuds will thank you.
It’s an easy, no-bake recipe that’s as easy as melting together butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips before stirring in marshmallows and refrigerating.
If you’ve never had peanut butter and butterscotch together, it’s a heavenly combo. The two flavors pair so well together and the marshmallows add a chewy texture to the otherwise dense bars. Some of the marshmallows melt, some stay intact, giving you the best of both worlds.
It’s a great dessert to make-ahead and stash in the fridge for impromtu nibbling or parties. And your house will smell like a bakery for the next day after you make it.
Peanut Butter Butterscotch Marshmallow Fudge
For those who only associate fudge as a holiday treat, or that it has to be chocolate, I encourage you to get over those thoughts. Your tastebuds will thank you. This is an easy, no-bake recipe that's as easy as melting together butter, peanut butter, and butterscotch chips before stirring in marshmallows and refrigerating. If you've never had peanut butter and butterscotch together, it's a heavenly combo. The two flavors pair so well together and the marshmallows add a chewy texture to the otherwise dense bars. It's a great dessert to make-ahead and stash in the fridge for impromtu nibbling or parties.
Yield: one 9x9-inch pan, 16+ thick squares
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 4+ hours, for chilling and setting up
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter (not natural and not homemade because they're too runny)
- two 11-ounce bags butterscotch chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- one 10-ounce bag mini marshmallows, with 1/2 cup reserved for sprinkling
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large pot, add the butter, peanut butter, butterscotch chips, salt, and heat over low heat to melt, stirring nearly continuously until melted. Be careful so you don't scorch the butterscotch chips and I find starting with softened butter to be very helpful. If the last few butterscotch chips are resistant to melting, it's okay.
- Remove pot from the heat, add the marshmallows, reserving 1/2 cup for sprinkling on top, and stir to combine. Work quickly and don't overmix because you don't want all the marshmallows to melt; some will melt and some will stay intact.
- Turn mixture out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula.
- Evenly sprinkle with reserved 1/2 cup marshmallows, tapping them down gently with your fingers or a spatula.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before slicing and serving. Enjoy directly from the fridge. Fudge will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Adapted from Warm Vanilla Sugar
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Salted Peanut Chews – Salty-and-sweet with a little bit of crunchy and lots of chewy-and-gooey! So easy and a crowd favorite!
Biscoff Marshmallow Chocolate Bars – No-bake bars made with Biscoff spread, chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallows! They remind me of smores!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Marshmallow Cereal Bars – An easy 5-minute recipe that’s full of chewiness, texture, and bold peanut butter flavor!
Chewy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cereal Bars – Easy, no-bake bars that taste like peanut butter Rice Krispies treats topped with a layer of peanut butter-swirled chocolate!
Peanut Chewy Payday Bars (almost no-bake) – Like the famous candy bars with with a layer of gooey marshmallow!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Kit Kat Crunch Bars (no-bake) – Love KitKats and peanut butter together!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Bars – Can’t decide if you want PB or chocolate? Make these easy, no-bake bars! Chocolate + PB is sooo irresistible!
Honey Roasted Butterscotch White Chocolate Peanut Butter – Make your own gourmet peanut butter in 10 minutes! Crazy good!
Peanut Butter Comfort – My cookbook with 100+ peanut butter recipes!