Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings
This is the first chicken wing recipe I’ve ever posted on my blog. After seven years, it’s about time and this one is a keeper.
The recipe is so easy and there’s no frying involved. The wings are perfect for entertaining, parties, game days, or whenever you’re craving juicy chicken wings.
The sauce is where it’s at with these wings. It coats the wings beautifully and they’re spicy enough but not ridiculously so. I used the new KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub in the Original flavor. It also comes in Sweet Honey and Spicy Habanero.
What’s cool about the product is that you can use it as a dry rub or add liquid to it to create a marinade or BBQ sauce. You can customize the liquids depending on what you’re in the mood for. Try water, juice, soda, beer, or bourbon.
For this sauce, pineapple juice helps temper the spiciness of the chili garlic sauce which adds the heat. Reduce the amount of chili garlic sauce if you’re sensitive to spicy foods. Chili garlic sauce is found in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores or Walmart. I got everything I needed for the recipe at Walmart to keep things easy.
Keep the napkins handy as you dig into the wings. My family loved them so much the whole batch was polished off in minutes.
Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings
The recipe is so easy and there’s no frying involved. The wings are perfect for entertaining, parties, or whenever you’re craving juicy chicken wings. The sauce is where it’s at with these wings. It coats the wings beautifully and they’re spicy enough but not ridiculously so. Pineapple juice helps temper the spiciness of the chili garlic sauce which adds the heat. Chili garlic sauce is found in the Asian aisle of most grocery stores.
- 1 pouch of KC Masterpiece® BBQ Sauce Mix and Dry Rub, Original Flavor
- 6 ounces (about 3/4 cup) pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup chili garlic sauce
- about 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings, skin-on and bone-in
- 1 green onion, trimmed and sliced into thin rounds for garnishing
- To a large measuring cup or medium bowl, add the pouch of BBQ Sauce Mix, pineapple juice, chili garlic sauce, and whisk to combine. Tip – The sauce thickens as it stands so if you have time, mix up the sauce and let it stand at room temp for 1 hour before using.
- To a large resealable ziptop bag add the chicken wings, 3/4 cup sauce (reserve about 1/3 cup), seal bag, toss chicken around to coat evenly, and place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes or longer (overnight) for more flavor. I marinated overnight. Refrigerate reserved marinade.
- After marinating, preheat oven to 425F, line a baking sheet with foil (don’t skip lining your baking sheet), remove wings from bag (discard the bag and any marinade in the bag) and arrange wings in a flat layer on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until internal temp reaches 165F, and wings are as dark as you like. Flip once halfway through baking. Watch closely in the final minutes of baking because the marinade is prone to burning.
- Place cooked wings in a large bowl, toss with remaining 1/3 cup marinade to coat evenly, garnish with green onions, and serve immediately. Wings are best warm and fresh.
Adapted from Spicy Buffalo Chicken Wings
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Favorite EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
One-Pan Barbecue Chicken and Roasted Sweet Potatoes – Juicy chicken and tender potatoes roasted on one pan!! The barbecue sauce keeps everything super moist and flavorful! Fast, easy, and zero cleanup!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango – Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple – Tender chicken with lots of pineapple makes you feel like you’re eating dinner on a Hawaiian vacation without leaving home! Ridiculously easy, packed with flavor, and a hit with everyone!!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – The easiest orange chicken ever because your slow cooker does all the work! Super juicy, tender, and coated with a sweet-yet-tangy orange glaze that’s irresistible!
Easy Lemon Chicken with Caramelized Lemons – If you like lemons you’re going to love this very lemony LEMON chicken! Easy, healthy, ready in 20 minutes, and bursting with bold lemon flavor!
Post is brought to you by KC Masterpiece. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of KC Masterpiece. The opinions and text are all mine.