Loaded Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
If you’re looking for an over-the-top decadent brownie recipe, look no further.
Ultra fudgy, rich brownies are topped with a layer of cream cheese that’s spiked with white chocolate chips before sprinkling on Oreos and chocolate chips.
The recipe came to me as I was trying to thin out my half-opened packages of baking chips and Oreos much like these Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars did three years ago. Sometimes the best results come when I wing it and as a bonus I have less half-opened packages of baking supplies in my already over-crowded pantry.
I used my favorite brownie base. It’s an easy, one-bowl, no-mixer recipe that’s as fast as using a boxed mix and they turn out fudgy with zero cakiness. It’s a brownie base I’ve fallen in love with because it’s easy and always delivers amazing results. Many of the Related Recipes below use the same base.
There’s so much going on in every bite. The dense, dark chocolate brownies are a perfect complement to the sweet-yet-tangy cream cheese. The white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips add texture while the Oreos add crunch.
Everyone is going to love these loaded brownies and they’re perfect for events and parties because you can make them a few days ahead of time. Store them in the fridge and serve them chilled.
Loaded Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
If you’re looking for an over-the-top decadent brownie recipe, look no further. Ultra fudgy, rich brownies are topped with a layer of cream cheese that’s spiked with white chocolate chips before sprinkling on Oreos and chocolate chips. It’s an easy, one-bowl, no-mixer brownie recipe that’s as fast as using a boxed mix and they turn out fudgy with zero cakiness. There’s so much going on in every bite. The dense, dark chocolate brownies are a perfect complement to the sweet-yet-tangy cream cheese. The white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chocolate chips add texture while the Oreos add crunch. They’re perfect for events and parties because you can make them a few days ahead of time. Store them in the fridge and serve them chilled.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 6 ounces dark or bittersweet chocolate, chopped (I used Trader Joe’s 72% Pound Plus Bar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee (leftover or cold coffee is okay), optional but recommended
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso granules, optional but recommended
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 8 ounces brick-style cream cheese, softened (I used lite)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 12 Oreo cookies, chopped (I chop each cookie in 6 to 9 pieces)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Brownies – Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil leaving overhang and spray with cooking spray, or grease and flour the pan; set aside.
- To a large microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, chocolate, and heat on high power to melt, about 2 minutes. Stop to check and stir after 1 minute. Heat in 15-second increments until chocolate has melted and mixture can be stirred smooth. Allow mixture to cool momentarily before adding the eggs so they don’t scramble.
- Add the eggs, sugar, vanilla, optional coffee, optional espresso granules (neither make brownies taste like coffee and both enhance and round out the chocolate flavor), and whisk vigorously to combine.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until smooth and combined without overmixing.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary; set aside.
- Cream Cheese/Topping – To a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, egg, sugar, and beat with a handheld electric mixer on high speed for about 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth. Stop to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the white chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Turn mixture out over the brownie layer in heaping tablespoon-sized dollops, leaving a bare 1/2-inch perimeter around the edges (the cream cheese is prone to burning if you add it right up to the edge so leave some space). Take your time and evenly smooth the dollops together to form an solid layer.
- Evenly sprinkles the Oreos, chocolate chips, and bake for about 43 to 45 minutes, or until brownies are done. The toothpick test is tricky since you’ll hit melted chocolate chips and soft cream cheese, but test a few patches and when inserting the toothpick into the deepest brownie layer, it should feel ‘thick’ and set and not runny. Allow brownies to cool uncovered on a wire rack for about 2 hours.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours (I prefer overnight) before slicing and serving. The cream cheese needs to be chilled and set before slicing. Brownies will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week. They’re best served chilled.
Adapted from Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of cream cheese and tons of Oreos! They’ll be your new favorites!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies – Fudgy brownies with a layer of peanut butter cheesecake and topped with peanuts and peanut butter cups! Rich, decadent, and amazing! A must-make for all peanut butter lovers!
White and Dark Chocolate Cream Cheese Chocolate Cake Bars – Chocolate cake with chocolate chips, white chocolate chips and filled with cream cheese! Fast, easy, and foolproof!
The Best Turtle Brownies – Super fudgy and loaded with chocolate, pecans and caramel! So.crazy.good!
Chocolate Coconut Mounds Bar Brownies – Like eating a Mounds candy bar that’s on top of rich, fudgy brownies! Easy and oh so good!
Andes Mint Brownies – Super fudgy brownies loaded with Andes! Chocolate + mint is the best! Meet your new favorite brownies and so easy!
Salted Caramel Pretzel-Topped Fudgy Brownies – Super fudgy scratch brownies as easy as a mix and the salty-and-sweet combo is irresistible!
Loaded Fudgy Candy Bar Brownies – Perfect for using extra candy you have! There’s no such thing as too much chocolate!
Fudgy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies – Easy, one-bowl, no mixer brownies with a full-size PB cup in every brownie! As fast as using mix and tastes way better!
Homemade Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies – A dead ringer for the real thing and just so good!
The Best German Chocolate Brownies – Rich, ultra fudgy brownies topped with the best German chocolate frosting! Sinfully delicious! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s an automatic hit with everyone!
Loaded M&M Oreo Cookie Bars – Stuffed to the max with M&Ms and Oreos! Easy, no-mixer recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes. Always a hit at parties!