Orange Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
I often forget to cook with pork but this recipe is so easy and had so much flavor that I won’t be forgetting it any time soon.
It’s a one-skillet recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes and is perfect for busy weeknights.
The citrus acids in the orange juice also help to tenderize the pork and keep it juicy and moist.
The soy sauce and sesame oil make you feel like you just recreated an awesome Asian dish at home.
Plus this dish is healthy with only about 247 calories and 25 grams of protein per serving.
Orange Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin
This recipe is so easy, flavorful, is made in one skillet, is ready in 20 minutes, and is perfect for busy weeknights. The teriyaki sauce is lightly flavored with orange juice and orange zest and the citrus acids help to tenderize the pork and keep it juicy and moist.The soy sauce and sesame oil make you feel like you just recreated an awesome Asian dish at home and it's healthy.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 10 to 15 minutes
Total Time: about 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger may be substituted)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- about 1 to 1.25 pounds boneless pork tenderloin, thinly sliced and cut crosswise into about 12 equal slices
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted if desired
- about 4 green onions, trimmed and cut diagonally on the bias into 1/4-inch pieces
- orange slices, optional for garnshing
- To a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon oil, soy sauce, orange zest, orange juice, rice wine vinegar, sugars, ginger, garlic, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- To a large skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, pork slices, season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook over medium-high heat for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until done. Cook in batches if your skillet won't hold all the pork at once, adding additional oil if necessary. Remove cooked pork from skillet; set aside.
- Add the sauce mixture to the skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture has reduced some.
- Return pork to skillet and turn to coat with sauce on all sides.
- Evenly sprinkle with sesame seeds, green onions, optional orange slices, and serve immediately. Pork is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Adapted from MyRecipes
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Chicken Teriyaki and Vegetable Bowtie Pasta – Juicy chicken coated in teriyaki sauce with crisp, crunchy veggies! Healthy, easy, 20 minute meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights!
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken – The easiest orange chicken ever because your slow cooker does all the work!! Super juicy, tender, and coated with a sweet-yet-tangy orange glaze that’s irresistible!
One-Skillet Orange Chicken with Vegetables – Easy, ready in 15 minutes, healthy (no breading, no frying), and the orange flavor just pops! Perfect for busy weeknights, a family favorite, and you’ll make this over and over!
Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken with Pineapple – Tender chicken with lots of pineapple makes you feel like you’re eating dinner on a Hawaiian vacation without leaving home! Ridiculously easy, packed with flavor, and a hit with everyone!
Sweet and Tangy Jerk Chicken with Caramelized Pineapple and Mango – Easy and ready in 15 minutes! Dinner that tastes like a tropical vacation is a guaranteed hit!
One-Pan Honey Lemon Chicken and Roasted Potatoes – Juicy chicken with a honey lemon glaze that’s tangy-sweet and so good!! Healthy, fast, so easy, and cleanup is a breeze!!
Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad – Big juicy chicken chunks and texture galore from the rainbow of crispy veggies! Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! Great for picnics, potlucks, and easy dinners!