Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad
Although tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil know no true seasons for me.
It’s an easy salad that’s healthy, ready in 15 minutes, and loaded with flavor.
Since there’s already balsamic vinegar on traditional caprese salads, the balsamic chicken was a great complement.
Rather than solely using balsamic vinegar when I cooked the chicken and to dress the salad, I also used Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing.
It’s made with simple ingredients and is a choice you can feel good about. It enhanced the flavor of the chicken as well as the fresh ingredients in the salad.
The chicken is tender and juicy and it’s perfect with the crisp lettuce, creamy fresh mozzarella, juicy ripe tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and peppery fresh basil. Everything is coated with the creamy Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing.
As a bonus for my readers, the Marzetti® Brand is giving away one $50 Visa Gift Card to one lucky winner. Leave a comment below telling me about your favorite salad or what you like to put on your salads. A winner will be chosen June 25, 2016 and will be notified via email. Open to all.
Balsamic Chicken Caprese Salad
This is an easy salad that's healthy, ready in 15 minutes, and loaded with flavor. Since there's already balsamic vinegar on traditional caprese salads, the balsamic chicken was a great complement. The chicken is tender and juicy and it's perfect with the crisp lettuce, creamy fresh mozzarella, juicy ripe tomatoes, crunchy cucumbers, and peppery fresh basil. Everything is coated with a creamy Balsamic Dressing.
Yield: serves 4
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: about 7 minutes
Total Time: about 15 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- about 1.25 pounds boneless, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 1/4 cup Marzetti® Simply Dressed® Balsamic Salad Dressing, plus more for dressing the salad
- 2 to 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, plus more for dressing the salad
- 4 cups romaine or Italian lettuce blend
- 1 or 2 medium tomatoes, diced (I used Roma, vine-ripened or cherry tomatoes may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup fresh mozzarella (I used small balls called ciliegine; another type of mozzarella may be substituted)
- 3/4 cup English cucumber, diced (regular cucumbers may be substituted)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh basil or to taste, finely minced
- To a large skillet, add the olive oil, chicken, evenly season with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is 90% cooked through. Stir and flip intermittently to ensure all sides cook evenly.
- Add 3 tablespoons Balsamic Salad Dressing, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, stir to combine and make sure all pieces of chicken are coated. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat or until chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to rest in pan, off the heat, while you plate the salad.
- To a large platter or bowl, add the lettuce, tomatoes, mozzarella, cucumber, chicken, and evenly sprinkle with basil.
- Drizzle with salad dressing and balsamic vinegar, to taste. Toss to combine and serve immediately.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Quinoa Salad (GF) – Trying to keep meals healthier and lighter? Make this easy, refreshing, and satisfying salad!
Chicken Orzo Salad – Juicy chicken tossed with orzo, tomatoes, cucumbers, basil, and a super flavorful lemon vinaigrette!! Easy, healthy, ready in 30 minutes, and a perfect way to use your garden fresh veggies!
Tabbouleh – Never had it? Think couscous or quinoa mixed with vegetables, herbs, lemon and olive oil! Easy, no cooking required, healthy, and packed with so much flavor!
Lemon, Sun-Dried Tomato, and Almond Quinoa Salad – Fast, easy, and fresh! Bright flavors and loads of texture! This clean-eating salad keeps you full and satisfied! Healthy never tasted so good!
Italian Chicken Pasta Salad – Easy, ready in 20 minutes, and healthy! Bursting with fresh flavors from juicy tomatoes, cucumber, basil, parmesan, and tender chicken tossed in a tangy lemon vinaigrette!
Smoky Chicken, Peppers, and Spinach Pasta Salad – Juicy chicken, crisp bell peppers and pasta with smoked paprika! Fast, easy, healthy and a hit with everyone! Great for picnics, potlucks, or easy weeknight dinners!
Garden Fresh Tortellini Pasta Salad – Juicy tomatoes, cucumbers and corn with creamy avocado, basil and parmesan tossed in lemon vinaigrette with cheese tortellini! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes!
Loaded Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Lime-Cilantro Dressing – Fast, easy, fresh and healthy! All your favorite taco flavors in one big kickin’ salad that everyone will love!
BLT Chopped Salad with Homemade Creamy Buttermilk Ranch Dressing – Fast, fresh, healthy, and satisfying!
One-Skillet Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables – A tangy-sweet balsamic glaze coats juicy chicken and crisp-tender veggies! Healthy, easy, ready in 15 minutes, and perfect for busy weeknights!
Post is brought to you by Marzetti. The recipe, images, text, and opinions expressed are my own. #ForTheLoveOfProduce #Marzetti
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The Marzetti® Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.