Honey Garlic Meatballs
Recently I was having an informal get-together with friends and was thinking about what to make that most everyone would enjoy.
And that’s easy on me as the cook, that can be prepped in advance, and that holds reasonably well at room temp.
I decided that meatballs would be great and everyone loved these. You can either serve them more fancy with toothpicks or in a big ole bowl.
They’re juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce gives them so much flavor. They’re perfect for parties, events, holidays, game days, tailgating, or just because.
I prepped them the night before by forming the balls and keeping them covered in the fridge until I was ready to bake them off the day of my event.
After baking it’s as easy as tossing them in the delectable honey garlic sauce. The sauce is how the word awesomesauce came to be, I’m sure.
Honey Garlic Meatballs
The meatballs are easy, can be prepped in advance, and hold well at room temp. They're juicy, tender, and the honey garlic sauce gives them so much flavor. They're perfect for parties, events, holidays, game days, tailgating, or just because. You can prep them the night before and keep them covered in the fridge until you're ready to bake them off. After baking it's as easy as tossing them in the delectable honey garlic sauce and serving.
Yield: about 18 to 20 meatballs
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: about 17 to 20 minutes, or until cooked through
Total Time: about 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef or ground sirloin (I used 90% lean ground sirloin)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup milk (I used unsweetened cashewmilk)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup sweet Vidalia onions, diced small (yellow or white onions may be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely pressed
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the beef, egg, milk, bread crumbs, onions, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop (or your hands) form approximately 18 to 20 meatballs. After scooping out the meatballs with a cookie scoop, use your hands to roll into smooth balls and place on prepared baking sheet, spaced about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for about 17 to 20 minutes, or until centers of meatballs are no longer pink and are cooked through; set aside.
- To a large skillet add the butter and heat over medium heat to melt.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute, stirring frequently, or until garlic is tender and fragrant.
- Add the ketchup, honey, soy sauce, and stir to combine.
- Add the meatballs, toss and stir gently to coat evenly, and simmer over low heat for about 3 to 5 minutes or until sauce has thickened some and meatballs well coated; stir intermittently.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving platter or bowl, insert a toothpick into each meatball if desired, and serve. Meatballs are best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Recipe from Averie Cooks. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Baked Spicy Barbecue Chicken Wings – The easiest wings ever because there’s NO frying involved!! And they’re healthier this way, too! Tender, juicy, with just the right amount of kick! Perfect for parties and game days!
Baked Thick-Cut Seasoned Oven Fries – Learn the secrets to creating restaurant-style oven fries! They’re baked rather than fried so you can have extra!
Easy Cheesy Chili Dip – Just a few ingredients and 5 mins is all you need for this super easy dip packed with flavor!
Easy Mini Pepperoni Pizzas – Ready in 10 minutes, mindlessly easy, and mini food just tastes better! Great as an appetizer, after-school or late-night snack, or as perfect tailgating party food!
Chipotle Cheddar Avocado Rollups – Creamy avocado with sharp cheddar, cilantro, and a little bit of smoky chipotle heat! Easy, ready in 5 minutes, and everyone loves these! Great appetizer and a gameday party favorite!
Easy Cheese Bomb Bread – Soft, buttery bread brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with CHEESE! So good, mindlessly easy, goofproof, and ready in 10 minutes! A hit with everyone!
Beer and Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Sliders – Chicken is cooked with beer and bourbon before being soaked in bbq sauce! So juicy, flavorful, easy, and ready in 25 minutes!
Ham and Cheese Sliders – Baked juicy ham and Swiss nestled in soft Hawaiian rolls and brushed with a buttery Dijon, onion, and poppy seed topping! Fast, easy, and a party favorite!